Next Pokemon Game (Title TBD)

Godot

According to that Eagleby kid, the next game will be announced in a few weeks. What are your guy's Hope and Theories? I am theorizing the games being called Pokemon A and Z. We will know more info soon. For now this thread will be a place holder. I was surpised this thread hadn't existed yet as well.

Have fun being nerds and doing nerd things... nerds!

I will change this thread's OP when things actually happen.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly agree with that. I am expecting Amiibo Support though. **Looks at his Pikachu and Lucario sitting on his shelf**

inb4 its Kanto remakes and everyone loses their shit, throws riots in the streets and wages war on the genwunners for always getting what they want. Charizard will get 24 more megas to represent the whole alphabet and Mewtwo will get an Ultra evolution and have a bst of 1020+ There will be no other pokemon aside from gen 1 mons as they are all, "Stupid" or "crapilly designed."

I suspect that they'll at least include a bonus for having the Amiibos, if not allow you to add those Pokemon into your game.

I am personally expecting Z, but it's probably because I took Geometry too recently and I'm still in the mindset of XYZ coordinates. Delta Emerald is not likely at all as a result of the Delta Episode. Also, I'm impartial on the though of Gen I/Gen IV remakes. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo as they love just mixing things up on us.

If in fact we did get Kanto remakes...well, it's kinda doubtful, though at the same time there isn't too much else they could come out with. Z version, X/Y 2, if anything. But, I mean we already got remakes for Ruby/Sapphire, do we really need more remakes in the same gen? Lol

Pokemon The Musical. A new Free to Play 3DS title. You can also use Micro Transactions to unlock gen 7 songs!

Just watch the announcement be for another spinoff game...

pls mystery dungeon pls mystery dungeon

Meh, just expecting the usual 3rd game after the two basic ones. Basically, Pokémon Z

I'm expecting a main series title, but boy, if we got another Conquest or a proper Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS/N3DS, I'd be downright ecstatic.

Am I the only one who wants another pokemon ranger game? I mean of course Mystery Dungeon and Colosseum sequels come first, but I feel like that one guy who is the only one that wants a new pokemon range :x

I just want Mega Johto starters. That, and giving Typhlosion a better movepool. (He's the Volcano Pokemon, why can't he learn Earth power?) I don't have much faith in getting an actually good campaign, especially if its a Sinnoh remake. (ORAS and X/Y left a really bad taste in my mouth, so apologies for being extremely pessimistic.)

Edited by Mighty Kamina

• Veterans

I just hope the game can be played on the old 3DS.

I know. Too much to ask for.

Considering that BW was also released on the regulard DS even though the 3ds had already come out it's likely that this game and Gen 7 will be on the regular 3ds.

Probably Pokemon Z is coming out. I don't think a remake of Emerald's going to be made because Crystal didn't get a remake.

Hopefully they'll bring back character customization and change the story up.

Might also be a Mystery Dungeon seeing as how there's one for every Generation since it was first made.

I think it's possible that they announce a game that won't be a spin-off. I mean, if they'd announce it now, it'll probably be out around october/november just like XY and ORAS so it makes sense.

If it's a main-series game, my hopes are that it won't be a kanto remake , because.. just..ugh. In theory, we've had so much kanto ... RBY-graphics kanto, gsc-graphics kanto (yes, it counts because kanto is kanto and it's not like it had much of a story to begin with) , FRLG-graphics kanto , HGSS-graphics kanto... basically we've had kanto remade in some form for every generation of a console except the 3ds, so really, i don't wanna see another one.

Furthermore, I don't think it'll be another remake so soon, but at this point who knows. They did say in an interview that they try surprising ppl and going for the less-expected choices.

My personal hope is that we get a sort of prequel to the XY-verse, possibly in that mentioned region which isn't any of the other known 5. After reading the many theories concerning Zygarde, team E(nergy?) and harnessing energy, it's quite possible to make a fairly good plot out of it in a prequel/sequel to XY . I'd imagine a prequel featuring the mentioned region + kalos or something. (i'd like to see a pokemon war but we all know that deviates way too much from the hand-holding friendship is magic that is the mainstream pokemon games)

If the announcement will be a spin-off, well i wouldn't mind a ranger or mystery dungeon game.

p.S. @ nepeta100 - I loved pokemon conquest actually xD it was a surprisingly fun game

Edited by Masquerain

Considering that BW was also released on the regulard DS even though the 3ds had already come out it's likely that this game and Gen 7 will be on the regular 3ds.

I have my doubts about Gen 7 being playable on the older 3DS if there are games that aren't backwards compatible.

Honestly we aren't due for another Sinnoh remake for a few years. Gen 7 might come, but it's to early for that. Only 2 years? Please.

My friend and I heard some interesting rumors about a Pokemon game in a region based on India . It would be pretty cool if that were true because the number of God-Pokemon would soar.

Again just an empty rumor but would be cool.

Would see a FRLG remake maybe since it's been more than 10 years.

It'll probably be Z. They haven't done anything with Zygarde and they never released Volcanion.

Truthfully, I don't want Gen 7 for a while. It'd kill Ame trying to get all those new Pokemon in game.

I'm pretty sure it was said Gen 7 will never be added in anyway.

Personally speaking, Mystery Dungeon was ruined after Explorers of Time / Darkness / Sky. I hope it's a remake of some sort or maybe something special for the anniversary next year.