PULSEs

leocain

Yes. Those pokemon I said are my team and I meant Growlithe not Arcanine.... And Flash (My Growlithe) Doesn't have Earthquake.... It would be so fucking useful right bout now. BUT I don't know who has an Earthquake T and who would be able to give make Growlithe Evolve into an Arcanine.... And seriously think my Growlithe needs some Speed..... But I don not have enough stickers to get to the Drugs to raise it's stats..... Damn windy weaher won't come....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget, at what level do you face the muk? if you want my advice you should take advantage of the field effect. Get it to change to a water type and have that pachirisu hit it hard with electro ball or something. If you can get the pachirisu to level 41 somehow and level it back down you could learn discharge and really wreck it.

Other than that, you may just want to grind a bit if it really is giving you trouble. What level is your muk, what level is your team and what is the level cap?

Yes. Those pokemon I said are my team and I meant Growlithe not Arcanine.... And Flash (My Growlithe) Doesn't have Earthquake.... It would be so fucking useful right bout now. BUT I don't know who has an Earthquake T and who would be able to give make Growlithe Evolve into an Arcanine.... And seriously think my Growlithe needs some Speed..... But I don not have enough stickers to get to the Drugs to raise it's stats..... Damn windy weaher won't come....

IF you have enough patience to flip voltorbs for 10k coins, you can get a trapinch which learns earthquake rather early on

You can mine a fire stone, or find one in the volcano

Chances are the PULSE projecting the sleeping spell over Agate is one using Hypnosis. So who's known for using Hypnosis, at least in the anime?

Hypno, Gardevoir, Watchog... I don't watch the show, so I don't know. However, since Psychic types are typically shown to be at least somewhat intelligent and resilient (See Abra), it actually might be a Watchog, but probably something more powerful than that.

Hate to be a mood killer but, modest lowers your physical attack. Not raise it

Modes raises Special Attack, And Flygon is Dragon and Ground and Earthquake destroy it.

Wow you sure lvled that one fast o.O

I used a hack cheat to raise two Rare Candies I had to 50k did the same with Common Candies as well. And just o ensure they do not go to the point of hitting the next elvel (46 right now) I use Common to de-level them and use rare candy to re-level them.
Edited by Anthony810

Well it made quick work of Pulse Muk though. And it wasn't a critical hit. But perhaps maybe JUST maybe If I get more sickers and get to the drugs I can probably make up for his weak attack by boosting it up I think?

Well it made quick work of Pulse Muk though. And it wasn't a critical hit. But perhaps maybe JUST maybe If I get more sickers and get to the drugs I can probably make up for his weak attack by boosting it up I think?

Much later in the game there's a Pokemon Psychologist that can change the nature of your Pokemon for a heart scale.

For me, I finished the current game with less than stellar natures and only changed them at this point.

While my first thought was Hypno or Drowzee (after all, a clauncher was sufficient enough for destroying entire buildings and surfaces, image dat howi-imean clawitzer) , but after thinking back to abra, I started having my doubts. In the end however, I decided that maybe Abra couldn't be controlled because Alakazam specifically is rumored for its supercomputer IQ, while other psychic types might be intelligent too but don't specifically possess super intelligence

Modes raises Special Attack, And Flygon is Dragon and Ground and Earthquake destroy it.

I used a hack cheat to raise two Rare Candies I had to 50k did the same with Common Candies as well. And just o ensure they do not go to the point of hitting the next elvel (46 right now) I use Common to de-level them and use rare candy to re-level them.

Just hear to remind you that using these cheats on your Reborn game puts your save file at high risk for corruption and that we will not be able to do anything about it.

Personally I think the PULSE project is not yet refined enough for Meteor to take on aggressive Pokemon and render them docile enough to harness the PULSE. Generically speaking the two leaders have between them three pseudos that are the most trigger happy Pokemon out of the seven.

All the Pokemon so far harnessed by Pulse were lethargic or weak in some way. Abra was just a test run branching away from the usual slow Pokemon.

Meteor prolly wants all their eggs in one basket before they try the PULSE on erratic and strong Pokemon, where Abra was only erratic.

Potential though? Considering a Tyranitar can punch mountains in it's non-Mega form, I would not be able to comprehend a PULSE one.

Well, we still have 5 episodes to go, who knows what we will see O: I somehow believe their control over pulses will expand for plot's sake, because there's no way Arceus would succumb to their control if they don't have proper means for it (unless they dont intend to control it and just let it destroy the entire world ...but that'd include themselves I guess :huh: :huh: )

Albeit true, who's to say they won't have developed a pulse that can better control stronger pokemon as well? I sure don't imagine how else they plan on controlling an Arceus

Maybe with a PULSE Hypno that's controlling the Pokemon? I don't know.

Why is everyone thinking it's a Pokemon that uses Hypnosis that causes the sleep over Agate? It could just as well be a simple Grass type using spore. Maybe it's a Parasect or a Whimsicott using sleep powder or spore.

No offence but aren't you kinda taking the fun out of the real strategy and training part of the game by using cheats like that? Almost everyone in here passed that stage of the game using pure skill and luck to pass it, training up new mons for it by hand.

It's not at all impossible, seeing as we all managed to pass it. Taking the easy road of cheating like that to me makes it kind of a dull victory.

Edited by Helia

Because you'd probably see spore particles flying around if it was such, that's why the more logical conclusion is hypnosis putting people sleep, but we'll find out soon enough ..or maybe not so soon xD

Why is everyone thinking it's a Pokemon that uses Hypnosis that causes the sleep over Agate? It could just as well be a simple Grass type using spore. Maybe it's a Parasect or a Whimsicott using sleep powder or spore.

Because nothing can be seen, as Masquerain said, both spore and Sleep Powder would have caused a funny looking sandstorm (closest description I can give) spanning all the city so it's either hypnosis, or someone used something like Sing, Grasswhistle or Yawn, (it did take a minute for Cain to start falling sleep, and both the MC and Cain lasted the whole talk with Terra and long enough to get out of Agate City), but the first two are doubtful because, unless they use the "too high frequency for humans to hear" explanation, I didn't hear any strange sound on the city.

And either Team Meteor managed to control it or are using special gear to walk freely.

I think hypnosis is the most plausible also because it's a ....gradual process, as in, it lulls into it without sound or anything, whereas something like sing would probably have weird music playing all around the city, but no character mentioned anything , but well, who knows, maybe there wont be such strong logic behind it, we'll have to see