Salutations!

redangel

Redangel here and I'm happy to lurk around these forums. I've been hearing about Pokemon Reborn for a while so I decided to Download it and give it a try. I'm going to be doing my own run of Pokemon Reborn with Chikorita as my starter since it is my preferred grass type in the series. (That and after using it so many times I sort of know it inside and out figured it was a safer bet for my first run of this game) I'm going to be popping up asking a few questions here and there since I'm trying to use some pokemon I'm unfamiliar with to make my adventure more interesting.

A little about me, I'm a video game journalist who tends to play a lot of indie games, write editorials and do game reviews. Here's a fun fact, assigning arbitrary numbers to rate a game does not have any indication of how the writer feels about it, the review does by the language. I'm also a college graduate with my BA in Humanities and I love sharing knowledge with everyone! I just really like helping people learn and learning myself!

Nice to meet all of you!

Edited by redangel

Well met... Redangel! Can not decide whether i should call you Red or Angel.

Welcome to the Reborn place!

Honestly, it's a bit late here so i'm out of ideas as to what i should say here.

Welp, it can't be helped. I hope you enjoy your time in the for--

Pokemon Reborn with Chikorita as my starter

I salute you, soldier.

Well met... Redangel! Can not decide whether i should call you Red or Angel.

Welcome to the Reborn place!

Honestly, it's a bit late here so i'm out of ideas as to what i should say here.

Welp, it can't be helped. I hope you enjoy your time in the for--

I salute you, soldier.

I'm noticing I'm getting that a lot. I picked the hardest pokemon to have as a starter didn't I?

Not that I'd be surprised since I have the uncanny ability to do that in these sort of games

Welcome! I'd suggest not using Chikorita as your starter, as it can be obtained in the game at a rather early point in an egg. Assuming that doesn't change when Ep. 15 comes out, I would recommend another starter. Anyway, enjoy your time here!

Hey Red, welcome! You want to use chikorita? I think you already destroyed your sanity didn't you?

Or wait.. Did you get mugged by a Snorlax just before you entered? If so, I am sorry. I meant to feed him but we ran out of sanity.. Since you seem to like writing, maybe check out the creative writing forums.. Even game reviews would fit in nicely.. Could you provide some reviews about games you may have already written??

Cheers..

welcome man while i dont have a clue why people would chose a grass starter with quite a few tough battles usually containing a poke with a flying type move if it not wrong i think the first gym has an emolga that may give you some trouble anyways enjoy have fun.

wooooo! 500th post anyhow .... back to sanity

Edited by Hypa

Welcome! I'd suggest not using Chikorita as your starter, as it can be obtained in the game at a rather early point in an egg. Assuming that doesn't change when Ep. 15 comes out, I would recommend another starter. Anyway, enjoy your time here!

Is she? I didn't know actually since I thought you couldn't get one till a lot later in the game.

Hey Red, welcome! You want to use chikorita? I think you already destroyed your sanity didn't you?

Or wait.. Did you get mugged by a Snorlax just before you entered? If so, I am sorry. I meant to feed him but we ran out of sanity.. Since you seem to like writing, maybe check out the creative writing forums.. Even game reviews would fit in nicely.. Could you provide some reviews about games you may have already written??

Cheers..

I haven't had any issues so far oddly enough with the Chikorita. Maybe it's just because I've used her so much I'm kind of autopiloting the whole "Okay here's the type of pokemon I don't send her out against." mode.

I'm actually pretty big on Creative Writing (prose and such) as well and I learned journalism mostly because I've been wanting to find a way to making writing a career. I will say I have noticed my journalistic style has bleed into my prose a few times as of late which is why I may need to get a Beta reader again.

I do get paid for views and shares so I'd love to be able to post up the reviews,editorials and news story I've written. Should I post it in a big archive post or post each article individually? (I don't want to be a jerk and spam the forums)

I guess since you will be reviewing different games you can have multiple threads, since others would want to comment on the reviews.. That way it wouldn't clutter a single thread.. Maybe try posting in either the Gaming General or CW subforums...

Hello, I'm Elly, resident Scolipede lover and sometimes does art things. Welcome to the magical world of Disn-...Oops, wrong card. Welcome to the tumultous land of Reborn, where the pokes are shiny, the trainers are hard and the story will beat your heart to a messy puddle. I hope you have a memorable time in game as well as here in the forums!

Chikorita's definitely underused as far as starters go. People usually tend to pick Kanto, Hoenn or Kalos starters(at least more than other region ones), so it's nice to see her getting some love since she's actually a really good starter. :D

Chikorita's definitely underused as far as starters go. People usually tend to pick Kanto, Hoenn or Kalos starters(at least more than other region ones), so it's nice to see her getting some love since she's actually a really good starter. :D

But ...but.. toto and cynda :(

I'd like to think I'm a little bit of both :)

Or I'm just crazy.

So far I haven't had any problems with her so I'm happy with my choice. It just gets me to think outside of the box when it comes to strategies for certain fights.

:3

Also, you're a video game journalist? I'm actually jealous. That's like every gamers dream job:o

You know what's funny about it is the fact that nobody really knows what it entails until they get fully into it. I was already into the newspaper at my college when I started looking for my first internship so I had an idea, but there's a lot more layers to it. That and you quickly find out how important hits are to your income if you don't work for a big game site.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes!