Eeveelutions

FrostieFoxy

I'm really not used to forums, i apologize if this is once again in the wrong area... or if a topic like this has already been made BUT What eeveelution do you guys would be the best one to use in Reborn? I just now found the darn thing and i'm wondering if i should evolve it via stone now or let it evolve via friendship into one of the 3 friendship eeveelutions...

Not even gonna bother with leafeon or glaceon 'cause no thank you

Whatever fits your team.

I'd get a Sylveon, with Pixilate. I don't think Hyper Voice is available on it, but it's still a great Pokemon. Too bad I'm doing a Dark Mono, so I have to get Umbreon.

This forum could be moved to Reborn City or Team Showcase, BTW. Onyx Trainer School is more for competitive battling tips.

Hey Frostie, the Onyx Trainer's School is more for competitive battling, as your question pertains to Reborn I moved it to Team Showcase (which is more specifically designated for Reborn play)

ah ok i'm still getting used to this ^ v^;

Espeon? That's the one I like the most. 110 Base Speed, Cool Ability and good Sp. Attack.

Espeon could be useful if only for its Magic bounce but i don't want too many psychic types on my team... (i have a delphox already)

Whatever fits your team.

I'd get a Sylveon, with Pixilate. I don't think Hyper Voice is available on it, but it's still a great Pokemon. Too bad I'm doing a Dark Mono, so I have to get Umbreon.

This forum could be moved to Reborn City or Team Showcase, BTW. Onyx Trainer School is more for competitive battling tips.

I was thinking sylveon too but the lack of hyper voice makes it a hard decision....

Espeon, while freaking awesome, doesn't see much use because it gets next to nothing for coverage in-game. It's ability is also not very useful at all since next to no important foe's team has non-attacking moves which would actually be bounced back.

While Sylveon doesn't get it's Hyper Voice, it gets a 390 BP nuke: Trump Card. Unlike in competitive play, TC can easily be set up, so you can start a gym battle with 2-3 uses left for the max power.

Personally I'd say Flareon. It's not exactly the best of the Eeveelutions, but as far as raw fire(literally)power goes, it can get pretty crazy, though it can also make you limited. Mine knows Flare Blitz, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, and Charm...as you can probably see it's limited, but yeah with Guts it can just deliver incredible burst damage aside from on something that resists Fire, and you have two defensive moves to help out as well. Add in something like Toxic Orb(for Guts), or a Life Orb/Charcoal/Flame Plate and then it just starts getting ridiculous and that's before the fire-centric field effects and sunny day. xD

It's kinda frail though physically(not specially which is pretty decent), which is why the Charm/Will-O-Wisp support, so.

Or, you can give it Flash Fire, which would "really" help out in Charlotte's gym, since if she used any fire moves on Flareon, it'd just end up making it even more of a monster. :D

Edited by Aurorain

B...but Glaceon is awesome!! qq

YEAH! All you need is Hail up to support the Blizzard. Plus Ametrine's field effects boosts it's power.

Glaceon can do a 4 times super effective against Zygarde, Garchomp, Noivern, Salamence and Dragonite.

Edited by Night Fighter

If Vaporeon had access to better TMs, I'd not only recommend it, it would be on my team right now. Toxic, Scald, Protect, and Wish is a great moveset to have on it, and it's mono-typing makes it really defensive. High base stats make for a bulky offensive pokemon. Alas, without manipulation, this moveset is unfortunately unavailable in current play.

That being said, I'd go with Sylveon. High special defense and attack, coupled with the ability to set up screens and use Moonblast. Only weaknesses are Poison and Steel, and with proper IVs, you can put HP fire onto it for coverage.

Edited by Antilegend

I'd go with Sylveon. High special defense and attack, coupled with the ability to set up screens and use Moonblast. Only weaknesses are Poison and Steel, and with proper IVs, you can put HP fire onto it for coverage.

Make that HP Ground or some other moderate-to-powerful Ground-Type move. That gets both Weaknesses in one fell swoop.

At the stage in the game where you get Eevee, you'll be facing some strong special attackers, so the best bet might be Sylveon or Vaporeon.

My personal favorite Eeveelution, no matter how bad it may be, is Leafeon. And it would actually cover all of Delphox's weaknesses (if it gets a Bug move)

All depends on whay your team needs. Most of the Eeveelutions are tanks one way or another with at least one amazing Def stat. I'd go prolly Espeon because Magic Bounce is the most useful ability on all the evolutions of it in the game based on the tools you are given.

Eh, I went for the simple solution and reset for a female Eeevee so I could breed to eventually get all the evolutions.
But if you're looking to add one permanently to your team, I'd second those who suggested Sylveon (or Vaporeon).

Vaporeon is a bit at a disadvantage because of the lack of fitting TMs, so probably Sylveon.

Maybe I either haven't been paying enough attention or got lucky, but there aren't many instances (yet) where the Steel weakness is gonna be a huge problem (and Delphox should be able to deal with that + Poison, anyway).

Sp. Attack and Defense and the Dragon immunity are nothing to complain about.

I personally have Espeon on my team, and oh boy has it proven useful, especially later in the game. It rules the Glitch Field.

But seeing how you already have Delphox, I can see why you wouldn't want another Psychic type on your team, especially if it doesn't offer at least an additional type.