Several simple questions

kittenkiller

Hi there fellas,

as you can proably tell, im rather new to this forum and pokemon reborn.

I hope this is the right place to post questions like these, if not, feel free to direct me elsewhere. So yeah, here goes:

1. How exactly does pokemon availability work in this game?. From what ive seen, it seems that pokemon are sometimes added to the game, while others getting removed (as in, apparently gyarados isnt available now, but it used to be.)

Why is that? Apparently, enemy trainers can have pokemon unavailable to the player, so it doesnt seem to be related to taking up space in the game or something. hm.

2. Is there a reliable way to get unlimited items like common candys or ability capsules, as in buying them? Or is there a limited number of them lying around?

3. If a new generation gets released, is there a way to acquire starter pokemon of this new generation? On that note, how does updating the game work in general?

4. How are you guys so awesome? No, seriously, I love pokemon reborn, and this seems like a great community. Thanks in advance for answering my questions, and have a nice day :3

Edited by kittenkiller

1. Some Pokemon are available for players to catch and use. Some are not available.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6802

This guide has all the available Pokemon and how to get them.

2. You can buy Common Candies at the Candy Store in the Obsidia Ward, I believe after beating the first gym. Ability capsules can be bought with Shards found by mining, but not until much further into the game.

3. The game is released in Episodes. Currently it's up to Episode 14, but Episode 15 looks like it should be done soon. As for the new Pokemon generations, not sure. Ame did add Gen VI Pokemon, don't know if it'll happen again if the next generation comes out.

1. Some Pokemon aren't available to us or were removed because they were considered gamebreakers, either because they generally are extremely powerful, or too strong for the parts of the game where they used to be available. (Apparently this was the case for Gyarados, from what I've gathered? Don't hurt me if I'm wrong, I haven't been stalking here that long D:)

2. Besides what Generalguy said, everything essential, including common candies and ability capsules, can also be purchased from vendors at the Agate Circus once you get there. Won't be relevant to you for a while, but it will be later.

1. When stuff is added, it's added when it makes sense for it to be added, so a ton of Bug- and Grass-types were added with Aventurine Forrest, Poison-types in the Wasteland, etc, etc.

As for Gyarados and friends, they were put in the game, found to be too good for when they were available and thus removed. For example, Starly. That thing was available either immediately before or after Florinia. In the end, Staraptor was deemed so good that it was moved to the beginning-ish of E13.

With Gyarados itself, not only did it have way too good stats for when it was available, it also had Dragon Dance and Moxie, completely sweeping the early game and still doing a ton of work late-game.

2. Beside for event-specific items you'd only need once anyways, all is supposed to be purchasable at some point, except for mining stuff maybe. Even Link Stones and whatnot can be bought if you mess around with going back to previous episodes, but will be "legally" buy-able as soon as we get back to Reborn city plot-wise.

3. For new starters, start over I guess? I was around before Gen 6 starters were added and there was no option for people to "trade in" their old starter for a new one.

As for how you update the game, just wait for the next update and download that. All episodes that are released are released along with all the previous ones, so what you have now are episodes 1-14 all in one. Save files don't have to be moved, ever, unless you're on a Mac, for which a guide exists somewhere around here.

Woah, thanks for the quick replies^^

Gyarados being a bit too strong makes sense i guess. Is there any info on which pokemon are going to be added in the next update? Or better yet, is it possible to vote for certain mons? (Id love myself a sneasel...)

Also, how do things stand with battle items? Is Pick-Up grinding needed to get leftovers?

Woah, thanks for the quick replies^^

Gyarados being a bit too strong makes sense i guess. Is there any info on which pokemon are going to be added in the next update? Or better yet, is it possible to vote for certain mons? (Id love myself a sneasel...)

I like you.

Anyway there is no such thing as voting for the mons. Ame adds the pokes where they fit. If you really must know, Sneasel is already in the game. You can't reach it though. or you can with some glitch that i don't know and i'm not going to bother with it anyway.

As for battle items, several of those are obtainable in the Dept. Store. Unfortunately, most floors are closed right now so we can't use them... even with the right number of Stickers. And yes, Pick-up grinding for leftovers is needed.

Edited by Vinny

Hm, I see.

While Im at it, more basic questions:

How do pokesnax work? i was under the impression that you could give them to pokemon just standing in the street to make them join you (I remember a teddiursa for example) but this doesnt seem to work. Is their only purpose to make your own pokemon like you?

Do those mystic stones regenerate after youve mined from them?

How does ev training work here?

You just have to have them for some events, for others, you don't. It's just like needing a Soul Candle for a Pumpkaboo, just that PokeSnax are usable for more events.

Nope, but waaay later on, you get a place that sells some item for 5k each that lets you re-mine an already mined rock, but it only works once per already-mined rock.

Same way it works in any other game? How EVs work wasn't changed in any way from the main games, if that's what you mean. There's also this.

Welcome to the forums~
Also, some starters like Mudkip, Chespin and Cyndaquil can be acquired later on in the game. I'm guessing Ame's thinking of letting us get all starters through events in later Episodes.

I think that pokemon that opponent trainers have are not available because,it would probably be broken. Like for example if the gym leaders strongest pokemon were able to get they would most likely be pretty broken pokemon.

if some of the opponent's strongest pokemon were able to get they would most likely be broken pokemon.