Solaris and El(ias) Speculation

leocain

(Might move it later)

Right now, we are very close to the levels those two showed in their storywise hopeless fights. Any theories on their whole teams and circumstances of the battle? As of this time, we know Solaris has a Garchomp and a Tyranitar, and El has a Ditto he could turn into Arceus, so any takers on the rest?

Edited by leocain

Well, Elias was a Normal type Gym Leader, and he was the Normal Leader in the Reborn League for Online/Showdown in Season 1 (and maybe 2? I dunno.) So he'll probably have all Normal type Pokemon. Also, you could battle him in a previous Episode before your first battle with Bennett, in which he would have around a Level 65 Snorlax.

As for Solaris, I dunno. He seems to have pseudo-legendaries, or just fierce Pokemon in general.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

For Elias, he has already been confirmed an e4, so we are not in his league yet I would assume. Although, maybe we are. Perhaps he will be defeated during the story and the plant girl (Laura now I remember) will get her e4 spot back.

As for Solaris he has the makings of a nice sandstorm team. So anything in standard sandstorm I expect to see if him

Edited by Zane0144

For Elias, he has already been confirmed an e4, so we are not in his league yet I would assume. Although, maybe we are. Perhaps he will be defeated during the story and the plant girl (Laura now I remember) will get her e4 spot back.

As for Solaris he has the makings of a nice sandstorm team. So anything in standard sandstorm I expect to see if him

i thought Elias was confirmed for the E4, like, even with Laura being told to piss off

i thought Elias was confirmed for the E4, like, even with Laura being told to piss off

Cain said he was an elite when he helped you escape Radomus's castle, when you have to save Luna, and Laura was crying about the whole thing when you get to Charlotte's gym, the first time, and the way Charlotte was talking made me think the whole think happened just before you got there, so it should have been sent just minutes before you arrives, likely while you were fighting Team Meteor with Aya.

It's possible that the spot that Laura had was taken by Bennett, since he wanted to join the e4 and Elias was part of the e4 way before. We also know that Heather is part of the elite so only a spot is lasting.

Who confirmed that Heather is part of the E4?

Togekiss would fit for Elias, considering that Noel has Wigglytuff and Clefable as type exceptions. Since his Ditto transformed into Gardevoir, he could try using a real one next time to deceive us. I would also like to think Elias would have a Smeargle somewhere in his team, seeing as it was perhaps part of his team in Season 1.

As for Solaris, he's most likely going to have a Sandstorm team, but far more stronger than Terra's team. If he doesn't use a full team of psuedo-legendaries, he's most likely going to have an Excadrill somewhere.

As for Solaris, he's most likely going to have a Sandstorm team, but far more stronger than Terra's team. If he doesn't use a full team of psuedo-legendaries, he's most likely going to have an Excadrill somewhere.

Wait... does that mean that he's going to be fought in the Tourmaline Desert? There would probably be a permanent sandstorm there, which would heavily benefit his team...

Wait... does that mean that he's going to be fought in the Tourmaline Desert? There would probably be a permanent sandstorm there, which would heavily benefit his team...

Or even his own personal field that has permanent Sandstorm effect.

But the desert isn't that far of a guess to be honest...

Clefable was Noels flagship and signature mon before the fairy type was introduced. So they couldn't just axe that.

The juiciest fuel of speculations is actually this Reborn Geography Club in North Obsidia, between the Nightclub and the Magma HQ. Pay it a visit for some info on the desert, Agate City and the eventual Champion.

Also, the biggest wildcard is Taka for me, both plot and team wise. If Solaris has a Sandstorm team, or Pseudolegends and other strong stuff, or fierce Pokemon in general, Taka has a ...jungle team? Troll team? Weird team? Also, I guess we'll see him kinda soon, to learn what's going between the Meteor Leaders.

You know, Noel lost his Staraptor, so...

Solaris was most probably designed to have a sandstorm team, but then gen6 nerfed weather so he just kept the two pokemon introduced. He can keep the sand with the appropriate field effect, or by adding Hippowdon to his team to have 2 weather setters that do different jobs and can work as a defensive core of sorts. Excadrill is a wonderful pokemon to take charge of sand with sand rush, but its use is player-based, as the AI rarely takes the opportunity to switch around. Him having an Alakazam that takes no damage from the field is also possible, and helps provide a special attacker that benefits from such a field. T-Tar is probably going to be mixed, in order to hit well on the special side, without needing to add another special attacker. Ferrothorn, Magnezone, Aerodactyl (probably Hardy's mega), Bisharp and M-Lucario are good candidates for his team.