[IC/Reroll] The UNbOUND: First case-The Unseen

Notus

"So this could be a power struggle couldn't it? Some possible way to get the edge over the competition." Lia was wondering what could be the possible reason to kidnap the workers though. Any secrets can easily be obtained by simply taking a look at the production systems and computers. Why would they need to drug a factory full of workers and then sneak them out? This doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe we should have a chat with somebody at Ironhand. "What do you think boss? Should we head on to the Ironhand place and have a talk with some of our 'friends' there?" She was getting restless in the factory and wanted to move out. The important clue was the gas residue and now they should follow the trail.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Let's wrap it up here so we can change venues." Although there was the option of splitting up to cover more ground so that one team could search thoroughly here and another at Ironhand's, Bryth figured that it was best for the whole group to stick together in case somebody tried something dirty like attacking them.

Lia was glad that they could finally leave. At least at Ironhand things should be better. She didn't wait for a second after Brythit suggested they moved out. "I'm out of here." She left the factory in a hurry. Fresh air or at least as fresh as it could possibly be in the district, made her feel better. She took out a cigarette and lit it up. She sat on her motorcycle, a Royal Enfield Bullet 500. It was really old, but had been restored by her and painted jet black. It used to belong to her father and after his death, it was hers. It was one of the few things that comforted her about her life. She remembered how much her father loved the bike, and would spend hours working on it. She had taken just as much care and precaution with it.

"Aren't those things bad for humans?" came a voice somewhere near Lia. Bom had apparently followed her yet again. He probably should stop doing that, but he couldn't help but do it. Lia was probably the only one he even slightly felt comfortable around and that was even a stretch to say. He didn't get humans much... it was still all new to him. Lia would see him pop out of the shadows... now in a different form from that of the Giant Wolf-beast he was before. He was now a somewhat medium sized black dog, with small antlers. It was he more... discrete form for still being able to smell magic, but not alarm the humans that were aobut. It was harder to be scared of a cute little animal such as this, at least so Bom thought. Why humans found things... cute he didn't understand it was sorta a strange concept fro him to grasp. However, it was a useful one. Made it easy to get out of things but turning into a very cute dog. While some people definitely wondered what he was he could use this form to track magic and yet remain unseen. It had a lot of advantages over being in a human form. As with most of his forms he took on their attributes. As a dog or in his Wolfman form he could use their naturally good senses to sense magic. It wasn't that normal versions of this forms couldn't but more that they didn't know what to look for. Bom sniffed around her bike for awhile but still tried to Maintain eye contact and stuff. "Anyway, it matters not. As you see I am a Cute dog right now. Woof..." he said in a monotone voice like he normally did. " I need to be able to smell if there are traces of magic and in human form I cannot do that. Woof. So... I kinda need to be this cuter less detectable beast. But, I need help to get around cause I am a beast and I don't have thumbs. Woof. Would you assist me with this task? Woof..." He looked nervously around the corner for a second before turning back to her. "I don't really know if I can trust the others. Woof..."

((Visual Aid for what he looks like.

dEWlRpi.jpg

))

God damnit, this guy. "Don't lecture me. I know what they do." Lia turned to face Bom, and was surprised to see a black dog standing there. When she realised that Bom was the dog, she couldn't help but smirk. "Cute indeed Bom. I'm going to pet you now. Don't bite me." She bent down and gave him a little pat on his head, enough for him to get her scent. Wait. Why am I treating him like a real dog? He knows it's me. "As for helping you, sure, why not. Who could say no to such a cutie? By the way, you do know a real dog doesn't actually say woof right? They bark or howl. Don't say woof in front of another human. They would probably freak and pass out in front of you." She started rubbing his coat, finding it rather odd to talk to the dog. "Why do you feel you can't trust the others, or for that matter why trust me?" It seemed a little odd to her that the demon would trust her. Either he is a weird one, or I'm more fucked up than I realise.

"I don't know... gut feeling I guess. Woof..." he said... still saying woof for some reason. Also, he rather liked being petted. Perhaps it was because he was in dog form so like a dog he enjoyed it. He then noticed his back paw was moving without his consent. Why on earth was it moving? "Lia, My foot is moving but I am not doing it... you have any ideas?." He asked absent-mindedly. TO Lia it might seem like he was taking on the aspects mentally of a dog himself, as Bom's thoughts were quickly racing all other the place. His attention span seemingly shorter than it used to be. The difference being he could talk so most of his random dog thoughts actually fly out through his mouth. "Anyway, thank you. Though... I am probably too big for your Motorcycle in it's current state. I have an easy fix for it. Woof. I shall modify it temporarily so that I don't have to sit on you to ride along." and with that Bom started casting a spell. He wiggled his dog nose twice, then blinked three times. He then turned in a circle once, and wiggled his left ear 4 times. Out of nowhere a puff of black pepper popped into the air around Bom which promptly caused him to sneeze. On Lia's bike appeared a sidecar, the perfect size for a dog such as Bom. It matched the bike almost as if it was made to always have been there. However, not only did Bom create the side car, he also created a get-up for himself. He was now wearing an aviator scarf and goggles ((with that little cap thing.)) the perfect size for a dog. "I am ready for... travel. Woof..." he said as another cloud of black pepper popped out of nowhere, once again making him sneeze.

That's about when Indy swapped out her Robots again. Alph was put away, and Omegan sent out to scan for the Blue Stains. She decided to put in her two cents as she flew by Lia and Bom, unknowingly trailing a black pepper shaker from a piece of string that had gotten tangled around one of its propeller arms.

"If you two lovebirds are done squabbling, we should get searching."

Omegan then flew onwards, scanning for blue stains as it headed for the Ironhand Factory.

Edited by K_H

So, he instinctively trusts me. Yep, I'm really fucked up. Oh well. "Your foot is shaking because you like me petting you. And stop saying WOOF!" That's when he got up and started doing some weird sort of spell. Suddenly some black powdery substance appeared which turned out to be pepper. Bom then sneezed and he magically added a sidecar to her motorcycle. Did he just-? "BOM!!!! What the hell did you do? Oh I swear to god if I could kill you I would. You've ruined my bike." She turned to stare at the dog, only to find him wearing an absolutely adorable aviator outfit. "Awww. How could I be upset with such a cutie? No, I couldn't." She couldn't help but play with the cute dog. "I'm sorry I yelled at you, cutie. As long as you turn it back to normal later on, I don't mind." That's when one of Indy's drones flew by, telling them to get a move on. "Don't listen to her cutie. She's just jealous, yes she is, yes she is." She had completely forgotten that Bom wasn't a normal dog and was actually a demon. She was rubbing his jaw and neck. She then got on her bike and shouted back to the others. "Last one to the Ironhand facility is a rotten egg. Come on Bommy, let's go boy." Am I treating the demon who instinctively trusts me like a dog? What the hell is wrong with me? I think I may have gotten a little high from that gas in the factory, he he. She started her bike, waiting for Bom to jump into the sidecar.

"Anyone else up for a ride home?" He asked to the rest of the team. Rob didn't want anyone here to get hurt or worse, and, hey, he liked having people around. Lia got her own super scary pet to cover her back, everyone else would need the cover.

"Interesting look, Bom" He said as a thought came to his head How do I put this? "Be careful, and don't get angered too easy, look after Lia and check for her reaction before doing anything... drastic" With that, he walked to a car, before looking at Bryth.

"Okay, Woof..." he said in response to Rob. He wasn't sure how to feel about the Leftenant. He was definitely an older man, perhaps one that had seen many things compared to the rest of the humans here. It would still be a immensely short compared to the long time Bom was around. Demons were certainly much longer lived then humans, it was hard for him to understand. Perhaps it was why they all seemed so desperate all the time. They had very limited time to get anything done so, they had to be all that much more expressive and crazy in the short time they had. They didn't have what felt like an eternity to Bom. He wondered if it was better that way. Knowing that at any moment you could just be gone. Dust in the wind. It forced you to live every moment. There was many times Bom just did nothing for great spans of time. He was a demon afterall... he had the time to waste.

He shook his head, flopping his doggy jowls and ears all over the place to shake the last bits of the pepper from his face and fur. Then he excitedly jumped into the tiny sidecar on the motorcycle. "I am ready for adventure, woof..." he said all the more excited then usual.

Indy now noticed that she was missing a pepper shaker from her backpack's "Instant Campsite" package, which had fallen open by accident. Indy sighed, re-packaged the camping gear, put on a Riding helmet, and then got onto her Segway, which she had parked nearby. After she put her Drone Controller in the slot designed for it, Indy sped past Lia and Bom, heading for the Ironhand factory as she tried to catch up with Omegan.

"All right, let's get a move o-- ..." Bryth's voice trailed off at the sight of the shaggy black-haired dog. cutecutecutecute ran through her mind, before she shook her head and turned to Cohington. "Man, I miss my Harley," she murmured as she got into the front passenger seat of the Lieutenant's car.

Lia saw Indy get on her Segway and rush of. How could somebody even think of using a piece of junk like that? Oh well, time to show the geek what a real vehicle is. Lia started her bike and heard Brythit missing her Harley. "Aww, Bryth. Why don't you tell the lieutenant all about it on your way." She made a face at the old man and sped off with Bom. "We are going to win this one, Bommy. None of them can reach before us." She enjoyed the feeling of the wind on her face when she rode her bike. She was silent for a while, her mind still thinking over the events of the day. As they moved a little further from the others Lia spoke to Bom. "Tell me, what made you think I was trust worthy? It's a really weird thing for a Demon to find a human trustworthy, isn't it?"

Bom had been enjoying the breeze in his face, his jowls and tongue flying everywhere as he watched traffic or just the scenery that rolled by. It was peaceful for a time. He wasn't thinking of anything else. How unlike a demon. It wasn't like a demon to enjoy the simple things, the frivolous, the every day. Most got carried away plotting how to best feed their desires, they spent nearly all their downtime on it. It was pretty much work all day for most Demons.

That was when Lia asked him a question. One he wasn't sure he could answer... gut feeling aren't easy to explain. You just feel them, half the time not knowing the reason. It was another thing he picked up from his time with the beings. It just rubbed off on him because he had to observe them or pretend to be them all the time. It was another thing he picked up. He was still bad at humour and sarcasm though... clearly evidenced by the outburst previously that day. Either way he collected himself as he sat up prim and proper like to talk to Lia. He didn't want to look like a slob. "I don't know if it is weird, just that most demons despise humans... or think of them as food. They don't get to know them as true entities capable of intelligence. I am what is called a polyform, or a Polymorpher Demon. My most powerful spells are those that allow me to take different shapes. Demons tend to excel highly at one or types of magic and only be relatively good at the others. Like some could be good at invoking or using curses and hexes, combative magic. Like they could liquefy a human, in relation I could probably only liquefy an arm's worth of matt-..." Bom stopped in the middle of that sentence realizing who he was talking about. To other demons... the example was good, but to a human it might be a bit horrifying or sound like he didn't care about them etc. Many problems could arise if he just spoke on unsympathetically like typical demon fair. "Sorry... that is a bad example. I do not want to upset you." he said in apology. It was sincere. Unlike most demons it truly was. Bom was about to continue explain why it was that way. As such he continued on after a short pause. "Anyway, Polyforms rely on having to take other shapes and learn about humans to survive in the human world. Many are malicious, but not all. As such it is easier for us to learn about human behavior and traits because we need them to act like a human. Some of us, like me actually unlock these emotions or ideas after being exposed to it enough. Things like rage and anger are the first ones typically unlocked, because they happen a lot and are pretty much the only emotions existent to most demons. TO a demon it is easy to get mad because we already can. More complex ideas like humour or empathy take longer, they are foreign. However, as a polymorph being exposed to these emotions usually makes us more accepting of humans, most polymorphs refuse to feed off the energy of humans knowing them to be other intelligent life forms and that it is wrong. As such we are the black sheeps of the Demon world, much like you are a black sheep of human society, Lia. To answer your question it is that reason I trust you. My gut tells me too. Most polymorphs never get that ability the one to have gut feelings as humans call them. They can't get the literal idea out of their had and try to actually feel with their gut. I... doesn't work liek that needless to say. I have that ability and it tells me that you are worthy of my trust. You don't treat me any different because I am a demon... at least I don't think you do. The others treat me like they did when I was angry back in the factory all the time. Like I will lash out and attack them at a moment's notice. And even if they tell themselves that they do not; it is true. You don't do that to me, unless I actually am angry. You don't treat me like a crazy beast that can't control itself or tiptoe around me being different."

"On a different note I learned how to use my gut feeling because of Brythit. It was the moment she recruited me that I understood it. She was the person who told them it was a good idea. She used it to make sure I got on the team knowing I was too big an asset to lose. I could read it on her expression." Bom quickly mused after finishing his long explanation of why he trusted Lia. He was wordy as always, but she wouldn't understand where he was coming from he if he just told her why he trusted her.