• Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Vulpix
    • Riolu
    • Skitty
    • Phanpy
    • Shinx
    • Munchlax

It's pretty self explanatory. Out of interest I searched the internet for some results on what everyone enjoys using. Whether it be for OP status, generally fun to use, or because they like the Pokémon. It's based on MD:Sky, not MD:Time/Darkness, because there are more options and MD:Sky essentially a 'successor/additional stuff' version of the other two.

I searched to see if this exists on Reborn, but I couldn't find anything (or on the internet as an actual poll, either)

------------------------My favourites----------------------------

Hero:

Eevee: I admit it's just because I'm an Eevee fan (what gives that away...?) but she is pretty fun to use in the game as a hero anyways. If Adaptability Tackle/Quick attack is resisted then you go all dig/shadow ball on them :D

Partner:

Pikachu. It's a tough one, but I like Pikachu in the mystery dungeon games. Shock wave is satisfying to watch, and the obvious choice of OP Discharge wrecks a lot of late-game troubles.

(Hey... Nidoqueen's spam Earth power so why can't I spam discharge ;D)

Special mentions:

1. Cyndaquil: My first game on Red was with Cyndaquil and I really enjoyed watching my baby grow up with his partnered Pikachu by his side. Also, Typhlosion looks like it has some anger problem in this game!
  2. Mudkip: Just another game I remember playing. It was a fun game. I forgot who the partner was, though... maybe Chikorita?

(Sorry for the terrible formatting of this post. If anyone has advice on nice looking posts then fire away!!! My posts always look ugly for some reason.. :c)

Edited by Sparkblast

I admit I played and beat pmd sky without cheats only once. (screw you dialga) But my vote is riolu(hero) and vuplix (bro4life)

If you ever go against him again. Sleep seeds. Stun seeds. Boosting moves. Thunder wave. Double Team. Dig. ^^

Shinx for the player

Vulpix as partner

c:

Is there something about Vulpix that I don't know about? o.o

I might get one as Poke' #3 though. It is adorable xD

Riolu's linked Screech+Force Palm (or Brick Break if you're lucky) makes quick work of Dialga (and pretty much everything else). But you have to get close with it to dish it out. So that + a starter with range works quite good.
Also ^^^ this

Edited by laggless01

Is there something about Vulpix that I don't know about? o.o

This probably isn't the reason but if you raise Vulpix's IQ really high it gets a skill which makes it so you already get the map layout at the start of each floor... bit broken. Thats why I liked Vulpix so much anyways

Looks like no one wants to be Vulpix, but everyone wants one around lol

Anyways, I also went with a Vulpix partner, but Turtwig main. Early Curse, early ranged move, decent moves later and that godly attack power, even with just the basic.

There are some pretty interesting strategies and combinations going around. Linking moves + IQ skills certainly matter too.

I love realising how baised to Vulpix a lot of people are xD - but it'd have been my 3rd or 4th choice too.

Riolu just #Reks Dialga and Darkrai, and it doesn't even help/hurt (whichever one denotes that it gets even better) that the Lucario Line is in my top two faves. Eevee and the Eeveelutions are also great, especially Eevee itself, Umbreon, and Sylveon (although that last one is unavailable in the PMD Games... bummer.) So, those would be my Starter and Partner Choices, respectively.