Abusing own fields

Sync25

Hello guys! I was wondering if anyone had any tactics involving setting up your own fields and abusing them, Ive been using that on my adventage ever since halfway of the game, and never had a single gym leader cause me trouble because their field getting too annoying, specially on double battles. So I thought we could share startegies! Here is mine:

Jumpluff with Chlorophyll and Grassy Field or Roserade with Grassy field + Drought Ninetales with heat wave or flame burst.

In double battles this replaces the current field instantly for a flame field, and then you can guess the rest of my team is made to get adventage of it, such as a Typhlosion with flash fire which powers up, Max speed EV and Eruption. Sun + Field + Flash Fire = 2.5x booster. So yeah Im kind of a second cousin of Charlotte.

Jumpluff is better on doubles since it wont get burnt by the field (Flying type), but its only use is for sleeping foes and setting the field again. Roserade proves her better on singles since she can also set the field, but can kill stuff with her high Sp. A

Soooooooo...! Whats your strategy?

Edited by Sync25

I don't generally take advantage of the field, but more of try and get rid of it.
Like against Corey, Gusting away the field, or making Charlotte look at the pretty rainbows.
The only time I ever really benefitted from it was against Shelly and Noel, both times burning the field.
The fields are so vastly different and only certain attacks change them so it's kinda hard to abuse them.

• Global Mods

I don't really have any complicated field strategies, but I've done basic things like this:

-When battling Terra, I changed the field to misty so I could Moonblast Garchomp and Crunch Claydol for super effectiveness

-I beat Cal and Charlotte by going with the field, using Delphox to fight fire with fire

-When battling Noel I did extra damage with Flamethrower because it set the grass on fire.

Another good one that comes to mind would be setting Mist, then poisoning it and having a team capable of using the toxic mist field to its full power.

-I only know the electric terrain, which cannot be changed, grassy terrain which can turn into corrupted grass and burning, and mist which can go into toxic mist. There should be more moves that set fields, like idk, water sport setting water surface for 5 turns or mud sport setting some kind of field, but that seems way ahead of the concept of the game fields yet.

Abusing field effects is the best strategy. My go-to for any battle that's given me trouble: Rain Dance + Drought (on Ninetales) to create a Rainbow Field --> Use Cosmic Power 3x with Clefable to max Def/SpD --> Proceed to sweep everything with 260-power Stored Power and a nigh-invincible Clefable, healing with Moonlight if necessary.

Basically, the takeaway here is that you can legitimately win battles through incessant use of rainbows in Reborn, and therefore it is the best Pokemon game you will ever play.

I've abused field effects since the psychic gym (cant remember his name) for the dark gym i spammed flash, for the fighting gym vs samson the -speed priority of the move fly did him in, for the fire gym i spammed surf to drastically drop her Pokemon accuracy, and for terra i used icy wind against her garchomp till i crit it.

• Administrators

I'm a fan of this sort of thing myself, but I don't want to go -too- crazy with field creation stuff. Mist was -almost- over-stepping it IMO.

That said, I do like the idea of people having these sorts of options to play with, so in E15 the Pledge Moves are available much earlier, opening up more access to the Burning, Swamp and Rainbow fields. Not entirely sure how easily Swamp will be to abuse, but hey. Might be worth something.

As a semi-related note, our assistant developer Inuki had a fun little idea he played around with implementing in a self-modded branch of Reborn, where every single field could be created with the combination of the move Magic Room being used while holding a certain item. So for instance the Glitch Field might be created by a Pokemon holding a Data Chip and using Magic Room. It was fun, but a bit ridiculous.

Yeah I made a Rainbow field team recently, and I think abusing the fields or even walking around with the ability to create your own is awesome and the way to go, but I was looking to create other teams based around other fields and I noticed it's hard. Right now, fire is dominant with Burning field, Grass Fields and Sun being so easy to get and abuse withe Typhlosion and Ninetales, it's hard to see any reason to try with other fields. But still I want to make a Swamp team and I noticed the only way to form it is the pledge combo. That's disappointing to me because I feel Water pledge in Grass terrain AND Grass pledge on the water's surface should create the Swamp field as well. Not just Grass+Water pledge. I had a cool idea for a Swamp team and it now looks like it will be next to useless as it's too hard to take advantage of.