WHY I HATE SNEEZING (A gripe/pet peeves thread)

Ghost

dobby bruh you need to uninstall mcafee, it's basically a virus and there are far better options for virus protection.

Hell, just being careful with your browsing is enough to protect you almost entirely from viruses, and the rest is usually covered by a combination of your email's inbuilt anti-malware, and either your OS simply being a low-profile target or Windows Defender. Also firewalls.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

trying to tell me something here m8? :v

Oh boy this, especially when little kids do it. I am a horrible person but I scare little kids when they do this sort of thing.

The word "friendzone" is a load of shit that was made up by "nice guys" in their butthurt over having a girl they like refuse to be with them...or in most cases, refused have sex with them.

It's fucking stupid, the friendzone does not exist, but your thirst is.

In shorter terms I agree.

Ok, spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a way to eloquently and politely refute your very wrong point. Shit, that isn't polite.

Right, so first off, you're generalising way too much there bub. Why do you assume all guys are in search of sex (Which is, y'know, a common sign of a healthy relationship and all)? Why do they not just want to take a friendship to a more intimate level? Unless you yourself have done this, you've got no way to gauge someones motivations, so don't go assuming that those "Nice guys" (Where this idea comes from, please explain) aren't just nice guys with genuine affection for the women they were friendzoned by.

Next, you bash the term because it was made when someone was butthurt? It's not like it was a particularly salty LoL match, of course people will be hurt when someone turned them down romantically. It's incredibly insensitive to compare that hurt to the same kind of feelings one gets when they fuck up in a game. Despite any insensitivity, the term friendzone actually has a practical purpose as a term anyway, regardless of any negative connotations you associate with it.

Regardless of who or why it was made, friendzone is used to describe a place in a relationship that will not move past friendship, romantically or otherwise. That term could be used to describe my relationship with a fair few people on these forums, so there's an example for you.

TL:DR Please provide actual reasoning for your argument please and thank you.

dobby bruh you need to uninstall mcafee, it's basically a virus and there are far better options for virus protection.

Hell, just being careful with your browsing is enough to protect you almost entirely from viruses, and the rest is usually covered by a combination of your email's inbuilt anti-malware, and either your OS simply being a low-profile target or Windows Defender. Also firewalls.

Now, see, here's the thing. I am allowed to do P much whatever the hell I want without my parents going nuts over keeping tabs on my internet comings and goings on the basis that once per year my step-dad gets to update and deal with my security. I've told him time and gain what you say, that it really isn't neccesary but hey're freaking adamant in their decision. So, it is the price I pay for no parental supervision. ~Sigh~

Ok, spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a way to eloquently and politely refute your very wrong point. Shit, that isn't polite.

Right, so first off, you're generalising way too much there bub. Why do you assume all guys are in search of sex (Which is, y'know, a common sign of a healthy relationship and all)? Why do they not just want to take a friendship to a more intimate level? Unless you yourself have done this, you've got no way to gauge someones motivations, so don't go assuming that those "Nice guys" (Where this idea comes from, please explain) aren't just nice guys with genuine affection for the women they were friendzoned by.

Next, you bash the term because it was made when someone was butthurt? It's not like it was a particularly salty LoL match, of course people will be hurt when someone turned them down romantically. It's incredibly insensitive to compare that hurt to the same kind of feelings one gets when they fuck up in a game. Despite any insensitivity, the term friendzone actually has a practical purpose as a term anyway, regardless of any negative connotations you associate with it.

Regardless of who or why it was made, friendzone is used to describe a place in a relationship that will not move past friendship, romantically or otherwise. That term could be used to describe my relationship with a fair few people on these forums, so there's an example for you.

TL:DR Please provide actual reasoning for your argument please and thank you.

Dude the fuck I literally said both romantic and sexual. First, girls don't owe you anything; that's ALSO applicable for males, they don't owe us females anything because they are a little "nice". Second, the friendzone is used as an excuse to harass girls because she didnt want them. It is something that is actually true, and not a myth. Sex is not necessarily always a healthy part of a relationship, which is why, I dunno, this thing called RAPE exists. When I say "nice guys", I mean the people that will demand romance or sex (one or the other, or both) just because they showed kindness to a girl; they feel the need to be rewarded for being "nice" with our bodies or affections. How about just being nice for the sake of being nice? So, they will place themselves in the "friendzone" and whine about they couldn't get the girl. The friendzone that they made up as an excuse to cry and whine about someone that doesn't want them. I never used a video game example, so I don't see why it's relevant to make that comparison since losing a game is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from getting rejected. You lose a damn match, oh well, the end. You get rejected, oh well, the end. Move on. That's what any practical human being would do. EVERYONE feels bummed out when they are rejected by a romantic interest. Literally EVERYONE; this isn't something that's new or unusual it's about as natural as squatting to take a shit.

That's not the problem; the problem is when you blame the rejection on the girl because they wanna only be "friends" to guilt trip them. Not everyone is gonna find someone sexually and or romantically appealing. You are taking rejection, an aspect of life, and labelling it as the WORST THING IN THE UNIVERSE. Then, you create this imaginary purgatory that is the friendzone; the place between friendship and romance that gives a supposed right to acting like a pissbaby. There is nothing worse than having a good friendship with a guy (or person in general) then turning it to shit because I supposedly "friendzoned them" when I can only see them as a friend and nothing more.

The fact that you see your "friends" here in the forum that you consider to be in YOUR imaginary "friendzone" really shows that you don't really value them as friends, only as people "who cold have been".

So I dunno man, I am perfectly capable of giving reasoning as to why YOU are wrong. You seem to be preeeeetty passionate about the "friendzone", but I mean if the shoe fits...

pet peeve? pretty obvious from the wall of text. people who say the friendzone exists and is valid. Ghost OUT.

Edited by Ghost

Gonna pop in here real quick, because I'm definitely detecting some miscommunication.

so don't go assuming that those "Nice guys" (Where this idea comes from, please explain) aren't just nice guys with genuine affection for the women they were friendzoned by.

She's using the term sarcastically. A lot of (weak) men will often describe themselves as the nicest, most respectful, most awesome dude on the planet if they thought for a moment it improved their chances of getting with the girl "of their dreams". When they're rejected, however, they often turn into a mysogynistic dickhead and devalue women with harsh criticism.

The term for this is called Cognitive Dissonance, or "sour grapes". Meaning, in a nutshell, that it's easy to hate and despise something that you can't have. Have you ever heard of the fable "The Fox and the Grapes"? I suggest having a look at it just to fully illustrate my point.

Despite any insensitivity, the term friendzone actually has a practical purpose as a term anyway, regardless of any negative connotations you associate with it.

This isn't accurate. The term "friendzone" almost universally carries an implication that it's not a place to be. I've never personally heard the term 'friend-zone' where it didn't carry a negative tone. Being friends with people of the opposite sex is very possible, but describing that friendship as being friend-zoned implies you're holding out with sexual or romantic ulterior motives, and when the inevitable rejection occurs, you turn into the bitter and entitled douche because she didn't immedately drop to her knees in servitude. I'm not saying you're doing that personally, and I want to make that abundantly clear. The term 'friend-zone' does, however, carry that bitter and jaded connotation. You can thank the white knights of the internet for that one.

Sex is not necessarily always a healthy part of a relationship, which is why, I dunno, this thing called RAPE exists.

This is inaccurate as well. Sexual attraction to those of the opposite sex is a very healthy and universally accepted as a necessary component to make any romantic relationship work. Many marriages and relationships have ended because of the loss of sexual interest in one party, or both. I fail to see how this correlation to rape exists, however. If you mean by friendship standards, then I agree to an extent. Statistically, rape is most likely to occur by someone the victim knows, and unfortunately, there have been a lot of instances where trust was utterly violated.

That's not the problem; the problem is when you blame the rejection on the girl because they wanna only be "friends" to guilt trip them. Not everyone is gonna find someone sexually and or romantically appealing. You are taking rejection, an aspect of life, and labelling it as the WORST THING IN THE UNIVERSE.

Now, he didn't say that, and we're jumping to conclusions. He mentioned several times he carries the term (albeit incorrectly) in a different light than what you and I are familiar with. Though you may be using this as a blanket statement for anyone who uses the term 'friend-zone', it implies DTE uses it in this light as well. Based on what I've read, that's not the case.

There is nothing worse than having a good friendship with a guy (or person in general) then turning it to shit because I supposedly "friendzoned them" when I can only see them as a friend and nothing more.

Fuck 'em. Seriously. If they get pissed off at you because you saw them as a friend and nothing more, and they end the friendship because of that, then everything you've known about that person has been a fabricated caricature of who they really are. They want to leave because you saw them as a friend and they felt entitled to more (because, you know, reasons), you tell them to go tenderly and passionately fuck themselves. Lord knows you won't.

TL;DR? The friend-zone is, in fact, a lame and pathetic term coined by super awesome guys because women obviously can't think for themselves at all. Dobby, this doesn't have to be the way you describe relationships with people of the opposite sex. Just call it a friendship. Ghost, hopefully this can shine some light on what I believe to be DTE's point of view, but try not to make a blanket generalization based on miscommunication.

Unrelated: DAE hate people that chew with their mouth open?

Edited by Antilegend

OK, so something that really just bugs me more than anything else is when people stop me, stsrt telling me something, get distracted, and then don't finish their f*cking thought. If you are going to tell me something, TELL ME ALREADY.

Also, post #500!

OK, so something that really just bugs me more than anything else is when people stop me, stsrt telling me something, get distracted, and then don't finish their f*cking thought. If you are going to tell me something, TELL ME ALREADY.

Also, post #500!

Then you will hate me. Back on topic, people who ask stupid question he can answer himself when he think about, DURING A TEST.

Then you will hate me. Back on topic, people who ask stupid question he can answer himself when he think about, DURING A TEST.

Fuck all that. In college, the consequences that come with that are dire. You'll get straight up kicked out of classes, and if the situation is serious enough, not be allowed to write tests. Exams are worth anywhere between 25-50% of your total grade. If I ever got a zero because someone dragged me down with them, I'm pretty sure I'd have a meltdown.

I hate it when i'm cleaning something (cleaning the bathroom, doing the dishes, doing the laundry etc) and people complain i'm taking too long .

Like, it's hygiene. Gotta do it properly. If you think you can do a better job get your asses of the damn couch/bed/whatever and do it yourself or at least try to make it all less dirty you goddamn pigs. *grumble grumble*

I really hate it when the person next to me is trying to copy answers off my test or asking me questions, I mean seriously? This is a test, and you're trying to talk to me while I'm taking a test? Should've studied yourself then, because you just screwed yourself over. Don't understand something? Go ask the teacher for clarification. Something like this happened on Friday and I'm mad annoyed about it and only posting it now.

I really hate it when the person next to me is trying to copy answers off my test or asking me questions, I mean seriously? This is a test, and you're trying to talk to me while I'm taking a test? Should've studied yourself then, because you just screwed yourself over. Don't understand something? Go ask the teacher for clarification. Something like this happened on Friday and I'm mad annoyed about it and only posting it now.

That, and I always feel like the teacher will get the wrong idea and think I'm cheating because that guy wants to chat.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's some of the things I hate:

- People blocking the corridor at school (There's plenty of places for people to hang out).

- People who leave public toilets in a disgusting state.

- When the green man shows and the few car drivers that jump the lights (very rare but it still annoys me).

- Little kids when they talk to people like they're a piece of dirt on their shoe.

- People who make frequent errors in spelling that could easily be fixed when done on purpose (unless it's for a joke).

- People who sneeze extremely loud when they're right next to you (I don't want my eardrums ruptured thanks).

- When people cut in front of you (mainly talking about car but am referencing queues too).

- When you go to revision sessions in your own time and people decide to disrupt it (It destroys the whole purpose and you may as well stay at home with those distractions).

- People moaning about crappy test results when they haven't revised.

- People who walk really slow

That's all for now, I probably have a lot more but don't wanna bombard you with too much text.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my pet peeves:

-I hate people going through my stuff. When I was younger, my mom had a friend who had four daughters. I disliked the 2nd oldest. There are many things I dislike about her. Whenever she came over to my house with her family, she always went through my drawers. I would tell her to stop going threw my stuff and respect my privacy. She snidely replied if I wasn't hiding anything, it doesn't matter.

-Farmville requests. Enough said.

- Loud jerks.

-Strangers invading my personal space.

- People in the room when I'm changing. (Yes, even family.) I had enough of girls staring at me when I was changing in the locker room in high school. It creeped me out.

-I dislike having to put up with people because they have information they will tell everyone in retaliation. (Like something sad happened in the family and we don't want to hang our dirty laundry.) Basically, they have blackmail on my family and I have to put up with how often they offend me.

-People trying to play teacher in public. I'm an introvert and I'm shy. I only open up to people once I get to know them. Some people get very pushy and pressure me to learn social skills and be bubbly....in front of several other strangers. It's humiliating and they won't drop it no matter what I say. They corner me in places like classrooms where I can't get up and walk away. They're not even my friends. They're barely acquaintances. I have several stories to go with this pet peeve. Don't change who you are for someone else my ass. Fucking hypocrites.