Most Surprisingly useful Pokemon

Sir Issac

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primeaple. I get so many unlucky critical hits, seriously. I finally get justice with Primeaple's Anger Point and it saved my butt so many times in tough situations. Pachirisu. That constant nuzzle para-hacks. :D

I got that Lunatone power.
Seriously though, it was amazing on my team and ended up taking out so many threats.

Cosmic Power is amazing. Lunatone's already got great SpD bulk and this just helps cover its bases. It was a plus that I had Mist Mamo on my team, so I had the best doubles strats I've ever had in the game. 3 turns to max defenses? Thank you!

Charge Beam (thanks Julia) is good coverage and gets it that SpA boost. Even though it's only a % chance, you'll be bulk enough to tank hits til you get that sweep going with boosts.

Psychic it gets at 29. Not too late, and it's great STAB of course

Moonblast! I love this move. Even gave my Lunatone a Pixie Plate for most of it. With ORAS it gets this at level 0 so you don't have to wait til 50!

Once it got that bulk and sweep going, Moonblast/Psychic wrecked face. I have grown to appreciate my space rock.

Perish song Krickitune is honestly the best thing. Only reason I beat Solaris on that fight. And Snorlax. Aaand Arceus. Also Scrafty put in a fair bit of work too, especially vs the Mewtwo before Terra

By far Echoed Voice Whismur/loudred in early game. This thing is an ABSOLUTE, BEAST.

It completely destroyed 5 of hte first gyms pokemons, and on flobot all i needed to do with intimidate the craddily enough so that its hits were worthless, than used loudreds screech and completely took out its stockpiles defenses. This thing is a BEAST for the early game as far as im concerned.

all in all, I'm shocked by how powerful a Kriketune could be, its STAB Fury Cutter easily destroy most Pokemon I met early game(until Aya), next is how scary a Whismur is with echoed voice, spamming it is pretty fun TBH

another one I found pretty powerful and shocking is a Barbarnacle(I didn't play X/Y, so please don't yell at me if it is strong), who managed to #RECK Cal's field with puny Clamp+Night Slash

• 5 months later...

I second the skuntank and Escavilier mentions, awesome mons with awesome typing. For me, it was Klinkklang. It wasn't so much at I though put it would be bad, but that almost everyone else did. A 100 power stab in Gear Grind early game was awesome for Florina's Cradily, but it really shined in the meteor hideouts in the factory battlefield, where gear grind doubles in power. Yeah. It was pretty dominant there.

Edited by ThatWackyCruton

• 4 weeks later...

Arbok is a very good support pokemon. Intimidate + Black Sludge means it tanks a lot of hits and it has good support moves in Glare, Acid Spray and Screech. Bite is great early game for paraflinch until you get Crunch, and eventually Coil + Gunk Shot will be a deadly combo.

Nidoking's Sheer Force Earth Power + Sludge Wave are extremely powerful STAB moves. I haven't got many good TMs yet but it will learn a lot of good ones, I have Surf in mind but Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast etc are very good coverage options too if they become available.

Let's see I hadnt really played a pokemon game since 4th gen so a few like female Meowstic, Noivern, and a Greninja with Protean surprised me with just how good they could be. Other than those the biggest surprise was probably Simisear and Primeape. Primeape for the speed and Close Combat and Simisear as a fire type with Acrobatics, that move helped me out a ton my first playthrough against Kiki. Also while I knew he was good, Luxray was way better than I thought he could be early on, destroying Corey's team and several others, it's a pity his moveset just isnt very good

And while it's not quite what you meant it still shocks me every time I play just how big a difference there is between a lvl 43 Nidorino and Nidoking, the stats help but simply having poison jab and earth power makes so many fights at that lvl easier

I'll have to say for Reborn early game it was Kricketune, he was a freakin beast at the start against the Pulses.

Also and this might be nothing new to many Pokemon veterans, but Ampharos, before I started playing Reborn about 8 months ago I was only playing the normal Pokemon games and I never really payed attention to it, but in Reborn and also in Rejuvenation Ampharos is my MVP! :)

Edited by Raycont