I was bored and decided to make this thread. Is my 3rd one I believe so be gentle.

So the thing is we have 7 pseudolegendary pokemon. And we have 7 deadly sins. Which pseudo do you think relates to each sin, and why?

Additionally, put the 7 non-legendary pokemon you think better represent the 7 sins if you want. Why? Dunno I'm bored and I want to read what people thinks.

For a quick reminder, these are the 7 deadly sins: Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth, Wrath and Envy.

And these are the 7 current pseudos: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra.

This is what I think suits them better:

• Dragonite is Pride: only because despite more and more killing machines appearing every new gen, and despite dragonite not being as useful as it was before, I hold my pride for one of my favourite dragon pokemon and its majestic pre-evolution, no matter what. They also say that pride is the only sin that never truly fades away, and so dragonite is never not relevant.
  • Tyranitar is Envy: I always depicted Tyranitar, a rock type, as a creature that is secretly jealous of steel types because of their resistances. Steel/Dark is an overall better typing than Rock/Dark (not by much... but it is).
  • Salamence is Greed: this is based mostly on what I've heard about mega-salamence; it goes for all the substitutes, all the dragon dances, all the boosts. It wants to destroy you, and it wants more, it wants it all!
  • Metagross is Sloth: a living machine that knows more than anyone could ever wish to, and is so intelligent that it would find no need to do anything else than that strictly necessary. Plus it doesn't even need to move fast when it has Bullet Punch, it can just sit there and kill you, so lazy.
  • Garchomp is Wrath: earthquake + outrage/fire fang/blast + speed. Maybe even dragon tail, cuz it wants to end the whole enemy team so badly it can't wait for you to be dead, it just summons in another of your teammates. It was DESIGNED for endless killing spree.
  • Hydreigon is Gluttony: three mouths to eat three times the amount of Berries, and devour its victims after a good'ol draco meteor.
  • Goodra is Lust: honestly, I've been in the internet for more time than most people would consider healthy; I now relate Goodra with stuff that I find gross for the most part, but oh well, is the last sin standing, and it belongs to Goodra now.

What sins do you people think each pseudo stands for (if any at all lol)?

Edited by zimvader42

• Support Squad

Each [seudo could probably stand in for each sin tbh, but there are so many other regular mons that fit the bill.

Gluttony: Snorlax, duh.

Wrath: Primeape, it's whole shtick is that it gets REALLY pissed and has an ability called anger point.

Lust: Tangela

Pride: I think I agree with Dnite, it's a proud muthafucka who can get real pissed.

Envy: Funny choice, Eevee. It looks upon so many other mons that it just wants to be like all of them to the point where it is slowly developing the ability to imitate their typings through evolution. Ditto also fit in this case seeing as i literally copies all of the opponents shit.

Sloth: C'moooooooon, you know what i'm gonna say.

Greed: I'mma say Hypno cuz it can't get enough of the kiddies

Lust: Tangela

Greed: I'mma say Hypno cuz it can't get enough of the kiddies

You're terrible xD

But i have to agree with Elfy here. There's is a bunch of other pokes that could be better instead of the Pseudo-Legendaries.

Lust: I'll go with Ditto. It can breed with every single pokemon that can breed xD (Of course, i'm taking it to the "breeding side". It could be to others, if it was for money, food, etc.)

Gluttony: Snorlax no questions asked.

Greed: Persian. Just because of it's position in the original PMD

Wrath: Has to be Gyarados, duh. Goes on a rage, and destroys everything. And then, it does it again.

Envy: Gotta go with Eevee here too, because it's either eevee or ditto here for me.

Pride: Pfft. It has to be Giratina. I mean, c'mon

"It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World."

That's not really "prideful", but Giratina is basically Satan. And now, you can make the connection o/

Edited by Vinny

Pride - Lucario, they seem self-righteous and whenever they appear they try way too hard to be 'cool'.

Wrath - Hydreigon, It's so beautifully destructive

Sloth - Slaking

Lust - ... I really don't wanna say Gardevoir... but the internet won't let me deny it :I

Envy - Flygon. "Fuck you and your mega, Salamence."

Gluttony - Slurpuff, not only it can eat berries faster, it also feeds on your dark-types' souls.

Greed - Mewtwo. He was already a game breaker, now he also got not only one but TWO mega evolutions.

• Veterans

Sloth:Slaking

Gluttony:Snorlax

Lust:Ditto(It can breed with anything)

Pride:Empoleon:"It Avoids unnescesary disputes but it will decimate all who hurt its pride"

Envy:Klefki:It can't decide on which key it likes so it goes for all of them

Greed:Meowth,Pay Day,it wants alll dah money

Wrath:....Gyarados,it goes batshit on EVERYTHING

Serperior seems fit to be Pride, i mean his title is Regal after all.

Cubchoo can be Envy, if i were him i'd be envious of others that don't have a cold 24/7.

Snorlax is Greed because he takes all the food for himself and doesn't share.

Slakoth is Sloth for obvious reasons.

Gyarados seems to be quite the angry and Wrathful fellow.

Munchlax or Snorlax can both be Gluttony.

Idk about lust.

Well, zimvader42's list seems pretty accurate as for the Pseudos.

Personally, I think any humanoid Female Pokemon can be used for Lust. Especially Jynx.

Nicki Minaj, oh mai.

I don't have any pseduo.

I'd read the tags mate.

I knew people would say everything but pseudos in the end, XD

Oh well I'll write mine then:

Gluttony: Snorlax is too obvious, but I'd also say Lickylicky here. I mean Lickitung at least to me looks more evolved than Lickylicky does, is almost as if a Lickitung died and its gluttonous soul is punished with a devolved-looking form, which would be Lickylicky. Also the tongue lol.

Greed: Sableye spends its days collecting gems and eating them. It is beyond collecting jewelry, it EATS it and makes it part of its body. Here would go any pokemon that relies entirely on a set up strategy, and will always try to go for one more boost before doing anything. Namely, Sigilyph.

Envy: Ditto and Eevee are quite good choices here, but I put Hoopa here. Why, dunno really, it just looks like a tiny legendary that is pissed at everyone because it is tiny compared to others. It doesn't have enough with trying to be more powerful than everyone else, it has the need to piss them off and make them suffer (teleporting things and worlds away with its rings) to get that kick.

Sloth: Slaking is again too obvious, so I'd say the Alakazam line. Abras spend the day sleeping and they don't battle you, they teleport away instead. When they grow, they just get smarter and able to predict your tricks, they need to do nothing really, they already know how to defeat you before you are even born. A close second would be Slowpoke.

Lust: Lopunny. It was made with that look for a reason. Gardevoir has an unhealthy amound of loyalty towards its trainer though, that is another form of Lust (is not just sex, is also unmeasured love and obsession). And Jynx is basically lust in person, so...

Wrath: I agree with Mankey here. It looks pissed of all the time. No other fighting type looks as pissed.

Pride: Still Dragonite lol.

Edited by zimvader42

Gluttony: I'm going with Swalot. It's whole existence is to devour things. Even more so than Snorlax.

Lust: Lopunny. In the basest sense of the word, this Pokemon fit's it best.

Sloth: Slaking. A -very- powerful pokemon that comes with a less than ideal amount of effort.

Envy: Banette. This discarded plaything is often cited to be vengeful. I think the root of that would be this deadly sin.

Pride: Prinplup. This starter struggles with personal pride so much, it's it's pokedex entry.

Wrath: Gyarados is the rage Pokemon.

Greed: Hoopa. The greatest theif/hoarder in the pokemon universe.

I will say the problem here is it is entirely up to interpretation. While some connections are easy to draw... other ones are not ((and it can be seen in each person's reasoning.)) Some people are citing Pokedex entries for their source of info, while others are taking into account the most common strategies used competitively. You could probably spin a decent case for any mon being any of of them, or even multiple.

Imma try and do some from mechanics standpoint lol. SO won't name certain mons, but certain things that could be seen as pointing towards it etc... in the way the game works.

A lot of mons encompass Wrath or anger, as anything with Anger Point etc... could count, not to mention anything that learns the move Rage.

Gluttony is an ability IN THE GAME XD. ((Funnily enough, a lot of the mons that people have named for Gluttony so far... actually have the ability too. Swalot and Snorlax both do lol. Draining Moves fall under here too, as they devour lifeforce to use as their own. ((not always literally. Giga Drain and Leech Life certainly do, with Draining Punch etc being a bit more of stretches but I will take those stretches.))

Sloth has it's obvious representative in Slaking, but most Pokemon get access to Rest, and others to Slack Off. Truant isn't just given to Slaking, it is also the Hidden Ability of Durant. Think about that. It is an Ant in the colony that is lazy and doesn't pull it's own weight. ((not to mention... dat pun...))

Envy, could be anything that has a move that takes items, knocks them off, steals stat changes, copies something ((Ditto being the biggest example along with to a degree Zoroark. Both steal identities, Ditto completely coping another's Identity.))

Lust is most certainly the hardest one to compare mons too since well... it's a kids game and the things it is most broadly associated to... yea... ((and I honestly kinda think it is a bit silly to say the mons that are female in shape period are lustouis. That kinda means you are saying the female form period is the embodiment of lust... which isn't really true, but I digress.)) but certainly some could be made. ((bit to vague imo though...)) however, Cute Charm, Attract and Gender based moves certainly play into the more playful side of it.

Pride is one that isn't in the mechanics so much... like lust. It is more in Pokemon's dexs or their flavour than in abilities moves etc...

Greed... another one that is kinda vague honestly. I can't think of many examples outside of dex reasons... or flavour stuff. Pay day maybe? But I don't see a greedy person chucking the thing they covet at people XD.

EDIT: On Greed, I realize the stealing moves etc... could stem from this as well. Envy and Greed are both motivators for that action lol. ((the abilities of Zoroark and Ditto/transform certainly align more with Envy))

Dragonite = Pride (Obvious reasons see Dex entries)

Metagross = Wrath (Again Obvious reasons)

Goodra = Gluttony (No comments)

Salamence = Lust (He want to fly, not lust but desire)

Garchomp = Greed (for blood, more battle and battle and battle)

Tyranitar = Envy

• Support Squad

Actually, for pride I place Haxorus and Luxray as two possibilities because they each get the ability Rivalry, what brings a Rivalry about most but Pride? I selected Haxorus and Lray because they were the first ones to come to mind.

Lray makes more sense to me cuz it i kinda an electric lion, and lions are in prides and yadayadayada...