Time for HM02?

Fumble

So, a thought suddenly came to me. How is Ame going to implement the HM for Fly? It isn't exactly a necessary HM. But, we're going to have most of the HMs by the end of the game, if not all, right? RIGHT?

Anyways, I've theorized on a way that Fly might actually be necessary for the game! So, in the current release (SPOILER ALERT), you are still trapped in the Agate Circus area, and there are four definite gyms left in around there: Ciel's, Saphira's, Titania's, and Amaria's. And, as most know, Team Meteor has surrounded Calcenon City, and they're controlling Labradorra. Now, perhaps during an Episode, you must backtrack to Reborn City. Maybe you must challenge Fairy type leader Adrienn of Coral Ward? Or perhaps the PULSE is over there. Who knows.

But of course, Agate City is still asleep, preventing you from going that way, which is the only path. Sooo... Maybe you'll be forced to get the HM02, Fly, and the badge to use it (I suspect Ciel's) to get out of that area and continue story progression!

Just a little thought I had, pure speculation. But Ame might just be sadistic again and never give us Fly, so we have to keep walking back and forth from area to area. (PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AME)

Maybe we won't need fly. There's already alternative sources of quick mobility, such as crazy Tauros or the Celestine Cascade. Perhaps the player will even get the railways to work again so we can get all Spirit Tracks up in here.

• Support Squad

Maybe we won't need fly. There's already alternative sources of quick mobility, such as crazy Tauros or the Celestine Cascade. Perhaps the player will even get the railways to work again so we can get all Spirit Tracks up in here.

ILY Ark, you are the only person I've ever actually heard reference that in any way shape or form.

Anyways, I think it'll just be a late game warping capabiity for sheer convenience. So far the areas have been segmented but that was mainly due to plot purposes. Once we resolve what's happening in Agate, we'l have full access to the ENTIRETY of the known map. That's a lot of place and it's entirely possible one may wanna backtrack and explore once more. Who knows, maybe the city ha changed and we gots to backtrack to find new shit with our shiny new HMs? Either way, that's when travelling will probably be more of an issue and so the best time to bring in the Timesaver HM.

I really hope this happens. Lol I wub you.

I suspect we'll get it from either the last gym or a reward for beating the Elite 4 or Team Meteor for good. I really doubt we'll get it any sooner. Reborn is meant to hurt so something as nice and convenient as fly won't show up until extremely late game knowing Ame.

I suspect we'll get it from either the last gym or a reward for beating the Elite 4 or Team Meteor for good. I really doubt we'll get it any sooner. Reborn is meant to hurt so something as nice and convenient as fly won't show up until extremely late game knowing Ame.

One can only hope... Perhaps if we all sign a petition to make HM02 Fly sooner in the game?

Never mind, that probably might make Ame just take the HM out of the game entirely.

• Support Squad

Reborn is meant to be challenging, but there's nothing challenging about walking down the street. It's a simple matter of needless time wasting that can be solved. Besides, Fly isn't that fantastic of a move so it's possible to be given to us and not be like EQ.

I know we can see the Celestine Cascade falling next to the Grand Stairway, but where is the bottom? From what I understand it ends up in the toxic Azurine Lake which is un-surfable.

If we don't get Fly (TM X2 hehe) and we need a return to Reborn city, perhaps the Citrine Mountain will become traversable (i think you would need waterfall, maybe rock climb). I actually predicted this to be the way to get back to Reborn City (until the game said no).

Hmm I really hope we do get Fly but Ame, being Ame, probably won't give it to us just for convenients sake.
It's probably going to be a HM for the final few Gyms but seeing as we're almost there, we might be getting it soon. But then again, we only have like, what, 4 HMs and Rock Climb is definitely close by.

Who knows, maybe the city ha changed and we gots to backtrack to find new shit with our shiny new HMs? Either way, that's when travelling will probably be more of an issue and so the best time to bring in the Timesaver HM.

I doubt that. With the way Essentialls and RMXP is structured to do so would mean either tons of events to complicate the maps and risk even further lag, or to have large cloned maps which may be possible but would likely require a lot of extra work, if only to provide a seamless transition.

Actually ame already very good, giving us the fast taruos in route 1. Rite?

It saves soo much travelling time between the cities after route 1 as well as the main reborn city. Dont you think so too?

Also, wonder if the train station would ever be fixed. I mean the one which we started off at?

I always like to explore an area THOROUGHLY before resorting to using Fly.

But tbh I would adore having Fly because when I play I go back and forth a LOT due to grinding and needing to buy certain supplies. Fly would be hella convenient and a life saver (due to the fact that as of today my save file is stuck in an error in aventurine woods on my way to agate circus and cannot move forward).

Edited by Ghost

I would think we may get Fly to use as a move, but then never get the access to actually fly around the map until the end of the game! It's a pretty useful move without the field ability. (looking at you: cut...)

I don't know if we will get fly or not,Because Ame think Fly will ruin the landscape of the region.

maybe we won't get fly but we get a chopper!

Edited by BBD