reduce ev items idea

Samtale

• Developers

I was wondering if there is maybe some item that could be emplimented to act like common candy but only effect things like speed,sp atk,def ect.

So that people can rework there pokemons strength without breeding a new pokemon and ev training all over again

sorry if this sounds rediculous and with all the help we get involving changing natures and abilitys this might be a bit too much to ask for

Edited by smeargletail

I was wondering if there is maybe some item that could be emplimented to act like common candy but only effect things like speed,sp atk,def ect.

So that people can rework there pokemons strength without breeding a new pokemon and ev training all over again

sorry if this sounds rediculous and with all the help we get involving changing natures and abilitys this might be a bit too much to ask for

This is already in the game. You can reduce EVs by buying special berries in the Department Store. They cost 1000 and reduce an EV by 10 points, and slightly raise happiness level.

do you mean the EV berries? they're in the game, on the 5th, 6th of 7th floor of the department store... but im really not sure

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by JapaneseWallpaper

Yeah, those have existed in the mainstream Pokémon games for years. The Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato Berries each reduce a specific EV by 10 points when consumed.

Sapphire, just want to tweak that statement a little bit as it's not so much a "not caring" thing as it is an entire lack of transparency within the architecture of the actual games themselves. Unlike Reborn, you cannot look up your EVs or IVs without some pretty complex mathematical algorithms. It's entirely feasible that longtime players of the games could have an incomplete idea of what many of these berries do.

Especially if Pokemon were to make viewing IVs and EVs transparent as they are here, provide some kind of indication as to what type of EV each Pokemon provides, and provide a concrete explanation of how amassing those values allow you to increase damage output, etc., I expect many "casual" gamers would care.

After all, even casual gamers could be miffed when their supereffective flamethrower isn't OHKO-ing Clefkeys in the elite four (using X/Y as an example) thanks to poor EV distribution.

One of the many things Pokemon: The Main Series needs to address.

I do wish that EV reduction berries were either buyable outside the department store (you need quite a few stickers to access the proper floor within the department store) or at least obtainable through events, hidden items, overworld berry trees, etc. Vitamins are more easily obtainable in the overworld than berries, which may or may not make a whole lot of sense?

Sapphire, just want to tweak that statement a little bit as it's not so much a "not caring" thing as it is an entire lack of transparency within the architecture of the actual games themselves. Unlike Reborn, you cannot look up your EVs or IVs without some pretty complex mathematical algorithms. It's entirely feasible that longtime players of the games could have an incomplete idea of what many of these berries do.

Especially if Pokemon were to make viewing IVs and EVs transparent as they are here, provide some kind of indication as to what type of EV each Pokemon provides, and provide a concrete explanation of how amassing those values allow you to increase damage output, etc., I expect many "casual" gamers would care.

After all, even casual gamers could be miffed when their supereffective flamethrower isn't OHKO-ing Clefkeys in the elite four (using X/Y as an example) thanks to poor EV distribution.

One of the many things Pokemon: The Main Series needs to address.

You...DO realise that you can check EVs at any time in 6th generation right? And the berries are easier to get here than in a lot of main series games. iirc Hoenn is the only place where berries are more common than vitamins.

They don't need to be represented numerically. If you're EV training, you start from zero, and know exactly how many vitamins and super raining you're going to do. If you're EVing something with existing EVs, you use a reset bag or berries.

I wish the berries would still reduce the EVs by 100 though. I understand that "casual" players probably wouldn't like they're stat to go down by 25 for just using a berry, but it's much easier to fix with the berries.
Of course, with Hordes EV training is super easy.