Monotype Challenge: Hard Mode Edition

Guzam

This is pretty self explanatory. It's a monotype run. I'm letting you guys vote for the type and I am also going to be putting some rules on myself to make this more interesting. So here we go.

RULE 1. I May only use the pokemon of this type. All other pokemon that aren't of the type must be permaboxed. In addition, I must also catch all pokemon of a type. If a pokemon evolves into a pokemon of my type, I can use it. HM Slaves can be used if no pokemon can learn said HM

RULE 2. I must always play with my battle style as Set.

RULE 3. I can not use any items in battle

RULE 4. All trainers in any area must be fought.

RULE 5. A Gym Leader's highest level may not be exceeded. Shades Chandelure is level 38 and so I cannot have a pokemon at any level higher than that. Julia has a level 15 Electrode iirc so that is also taken into account.

RULE 6. If a pokemon participates in a gym battle, It cannot be used in the next gym battle, unless it is one of the only 11 available before the next gym.

RULE 7. The next Rule is Rule 8

RULE 9. HAHA I Tricked you.

Anyway Vote here for what type I should use. Don't worry if your type isn't available before the first gym. I have a way with stuff and things ;]

Voting will end by 8 PM on Tuesday

Edited by Pyrrhon

For a type not available yet, I will use the ealiest one of the type we can currently get, for example ice would lead Vanillite, etc, etc. However just one ice type for certain gym leaders would get annoying so I would give myself another of that type until more of it becomes available.

OR

The alternate, I have you guys suggest a pokemon of the type for me to use if it doesn't have one available at the start.

For a type not available yet, I will use the ealiest one of the type we can currently get, for example ice would lead Vanillite, etc, etc. However just one ice type for certain gym leaders would get annoying so I would give myself another of that type until more of it becomes available.

OR

The alternate, I have you guys suggest a pokemon of the type for me to use if it doesn't have one available at the start.

Vanillite as in Spinel Town Vanillite? You can get Smoochum, Cubchoo, and Swinub before that, in the cave below Shade's gym. That's why I am inclined to vote Ice.

I'd say fairy, it's a pretty hard challenge, in the start, you can't get many good pokemon, you'll have to beat Julia with cleffa/clefable, or you can go back to EP 10 and get a ralts (so it will be your starter).

Bug! Bugs can be very awesome, lots of different decent early ones like Ledian, Masquerain, Vivillion, Leavanny and Scolipede. Plus it gets hard soon with so many types resisting bug moves.

Just a reminder that you all should vote here before Tuesday. Currently Ice is winning by a huge amount! I would like to see more votes however just to keep things interesting.

I voted for flying, a good variety of pokes, and has a few type weaknesses that are difficult to overcome, like Ice. Plus you also get to start with charmander, and charizard is quite the best, both physicla and special variants.

I voted normal. I like normal as a type and it has some nice general versatility, especially early game. The real challenge stems from the most common problem with normal types, that is, they tend to be really, really bad later game. It'll be quite interesting especially with the rotating team rule of Rule 6. Anyways, I feel normal would be a true challenge as the game becomes exponentially harder later on. Vote Normal!

IMPORTANT!!!

Due to the nature of this monotype, I am allowing for two starters at the beginning of the game. Seel/Delibird v Julia on there own would be near impossible, so I'm allowing for two starters... Unless Flying ties with Ice in the last minutes here.

ICE HAS WON! :P

Edited by Pyrrhon

I would agree with the Snorunt thing. If it wasn't for Delibird sucking, I'd've chosen that. But remember Vanillite can be obtained once the player has access to Obsidia, so I feel like that as a starter just limits the pool of usables in the beginning =/

ATTENTION DUELISTS!!!

THE POLL IS OVER AND MY STARTERS WILL BE... SNORUNT WITH 11 VOTES AND...............................................................?

DELIBIRD WITH 6 VOTES!!!

NOW TO KEEP THINGS INTERESTING, I WILL NOT HAVE MOODY ON SNORUNT AND DELIBIRD WILL ALSO HAVE MORE MOVES THAN PRESENT. I SHALL REVEAL THEM WHEN THE RUN STARTS LATER TODAY!!!