Super Smash Brothers 4

Cyrus

Did nintendo say they would like to work with those companies in general for future games, or specifically for a new SSB? I can't find a video of the actual announcement made at e3 regarding SSB4.

While Ryu is a good character and all that... he really wouldn't fit in to the fighting style SSB embodies. Hmm... well, Super Hadouken final smash, hadouken as a chargeable special projectile, his spinny kick is his forward special that will count as a third jump like Ike's Quick Draw... up special/third jump would obviously be his dragon uppercut move. Perhaps also chargable for more reach, a bit like diddy kong's third jump.

Okay, i change my mind, he could work. I don't think it would be good to add more than him though. Maybe M Bison to provide a foe, but that's stretching things. Just dumping in all those characters that are already in MvC3 wouldn't really work. Ryu and Megaman, yes. The others... not so much. Maybe amaterasu. The other characters are too serious and not really cartoony enough to fit in.

Knuckles would be cool. He'd probably glide just like metknight but with more good old fashioned bashing power. Tails would probably have kirby style multi-jumps or flight like Pit.

CoD? Nah. I could totally see an assist trophy calling in an airstrike, but otherwise the series is too serious and realistic to really be able to stick mario and co. into. A big, realisitic trench warfare stage with nitty gritty dirt and stuff... and then Mario jumping out of a trench on one side to throw a fireball at Ganon hiding inside a trench on the other side. "Our UAV is online!" Lol. yeah, that would work.

What is this jazz I just so happen to wake up and notice as I open my browser? What's that? Smash Bros. 4? Speculation?

Sure, why not, I'll hop into party barrel too. Seems to me like its gonna be Capcom that's gonna be the main choice for crossover. And if so, Darkstalker characters would not be viable candidates. So that leaves us with Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe and of course, Megaman(I am infact leaving something out, I can feel it). OH YEA, Okami, lets not forget Okami. So...

Spencer would fit into the wacky antics of the series pretty well. All he's got is a bionic arm, but so many possibilities could come from it. You could imagine extended item range(like swords being longer cause they are on the grapple), a solid recovery, throws, and of course, a Bionic Lancer reminiscent final smash(which would have been better said as AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't need to talk much about Ryu, except for pointing out that Shinku Hadouken would NOT make a good final smash. We already have the Zero Laser. With that out of the way, I think that Ryu has three options for a final smash, Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, Shin Shoryuken, and a Satsui no Hadou style transformation. The first one would be a good range final smash that could kill people surounding him, the second a one shot kill for someone in front of him, and the third could just buff his first attacks and make his grab Shun Goku Satsu.

F Chris. He sucks. Leon on the other hand could make an interesting addition to the party roster. He may lack the ability to punch boulders, but the world needs more Leon. Unfortunately, Wesker would make the best addition to the game, since he's superhuman and a villain.

Dante can fit in almost anywhere. Nuff said. Though be careful of the game rating when considering things he could do.

Viewtiful Joe is perfect for the series as well.

The blue bomber... Well, I'm sure we can all imagine what Megaman could do, but now we have to get real. It won't be Megaman.exe. Ever. Not only has Hub only been in two crossovers that included something other than Capcom, wait-a-sec. That's the only and best reason for him not to be included. Capcom is ungodly stengy about Hub, and even if they weren't, how could he possibly fit in? He's a character with a moveset that is simply too vast. (not to mention there are way better choices. X, Zero, Zero, Bass, Protoman(classic))

After seeing that pup work in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Amaterasu would work awesomely in a smash title, though I myself don't have evidence to prove the fact(I didn't play the game. And I don't plan on it.)

As for Snake, I'd love to see him back, but he's probably out of there.

Sonic could come back, but Nintendo wouldn't bring in a second character from the series. I mean, its a Nintendo game, why on earth would they make less room for their characters?

Anyways, there's my two cents. Plausable? More than likely not. Interesting to read? Even less likely.

well, people are all saying, serious characters in smash? how would that work?!?!?
dude... Solid Fucking Snake is in the game >.>

• Administrators
I really would be okay with no Jedi.
I really would have been okay with Soul Calibur four not having them either.
I mean, really, what the fuck was that. ._.

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1308609202' post='16462']
I really would be okay with no Jedi.
I really would have been okay with Soul Calibur four not having them either.
I mean, really, what the fuck was that. ._.
[/quote]
Hear, hear.

Jedi. No. This is not that Galaxy.

Yeah, snake is a serious character. And he still kinda sticks out. Dante is too... well. I really don't like the guy. At all. Probably cuz he's an overpowered douche in MVC3. Are they gonna dummy down his attacks so he's not god tier?

As far as the white wolf goes, all she did was some spinny attacks and some paint brush things that don't really seem to translate into a brawl style move. The AoE (area of effect) just seems to be too great. I mean, her flashy attacks work well within MVC because of all that comic book style background that allows for that kind of action. The only thing that does that kind of stuff in Brawl are the final smashes themselves. STOP. [s]HAMMER[/s] FINAL SMASH TIME.

Megaman.exe/Hub- when where they ever in crossovers? I missed those. As far as his moveset, you just gotta realize what the signature moves are and supplement with common attacks. Charge blaster, life sword, life canon. You know what, it would be cool to cycle between elements/attacks, the way olimar can cycle between his pikmin. Normal charge blaster, flamethrower, bubble shot, leaf tornado, guts punch, kunai ... Final Smash- 2x Hero. meh, maybe he is to versatile...

It really irks me when people just name characters they like without considering how they would play or how compatable they are with the series. Just a general statement, not really pointing fingers right now. I know Nintendo surprised me completely when they put Snake in there, and even finding ways to make Rob playable. A lot of things work differently in MvC3 than they do for SSB. You can't look at them in mvc3 and expect a direct translation.

I for one would not be interested in playing as dante, veiwtiful joe, RE characters, supermonkey ball monkeys, SF characters, or any of those namco characters.

I can't help but feel that V. Joe would look and act like a clone of Cpt falcon. And really, there's no helping their visible resemblance. I would really like the moveset to be different though. Otherwise, it's like Link and Toon link, exactly.

Hub appeared in a crossover fighter that never appeared in the US(Japan screws us again with their exclusive content). He also appears in the three bokatai games.

You have a point when you mentioned Rob, but the Joe/Falcon clone thing I can't agree with. They do share a similar appearance, but they don't have nearly enough moves in common to be a clone. I mean, there's Red Hot Kick and Falcon Kick, but that's all. Joe is a lot more diverse than that. He's got Shocking Pink(Bomb), Groovy Upper, Voomerang, Air Joe, and a bunch of time related moves.

MvC3 is the first time alot of these characters have been introduced to the world of fighting games(second time for Joe and the SF crew), so you kindof have to compare the two, if for nothing else, to see what they're capable of. Its not like we're mentioning snap-backs, X-factors, and team air combos.

Lastly, I want at least a generation's worth(quantity) of Pokemon as items in this one. Anyone agree?

Joe seems simular to captain falcon, but he is speedier, all over the place, and would be more like a fucked up combo of Ness, Luigi, and Toon link, rather than C. Falcon...