Why is this not a priority?

bluebomberdude

As many of you know, the AI in the current version of reborn has seen better days, which is why I ask why is the development team not making fixing the AI a priority?

To see how bad it the current AI when compared to the previous AI versions, I decided to experiment and record the solo Aster battle on two different versions: Episode 14.5 and 13.

Here is the episode 14.5 Aster battle:

While here is the exact same battle, fought in episode 13:

As you can see from watching these two videos, there is a drastic increase in difficulty in the episode 13 version.

I'm not trying to sound like i'm not grateful. I appreciate all the changes everyone has done from the base essentials 14 AI, but I think it needs to be taken a step further. It would be great if the scripters on the team make it a priority to investigate and fix the problem that is causing the bad AI for episode 15, especially now that almost all the moves/abilities/items have been implemented.

Thanks for listening.

• Developers

Because it's not up to the people here. It's the new Essentials update that cost the AI 80 IQ points. Gotta wait for them to fix stuff.

That and AI is REALLY hard to code in general.

Because it's not up to the people here. It's the new Essentials update that cost the AI 80 IQ points. Gotta wait for them to fix stuff.

They've clearly updated the AI already from a base Essentials already, so they can clearly fix stuff. Besides, pretty sure they have full access to the scripts, which means why can't it be done?

That and AI is REALLY hard to code in general.

That may be true, but considering that all the items/abilities/moves are almost implemented, what else would the scripters have to do other than bug fixing their previous code? Besides = helping new field effects, I can't think of anything else. It could be an ongoing process too, doesn't have to happen for 15.

That ^

Nothing more to say

Edit: Well, actually I will add something, the game and the essentials are still ongoing and every now and then they will update so lot of things will change when Reborn will be full release

Edited by Qaaz

• Administrators

That may be true, but considering that all the items/abilities/moves are almost implemented, what else would the scripters have to do other than bug fixing their previous code? Besides = helping new field effects, I can't think of anything else. It could be an ongoing process too, doesn't have to happen for 15.

The AI is actually not -that- difficult to edit, even for me

But there's still a ton to do even with everything implemented. The AI is on the radar, but we want to get battles functional first because it's less problematic to have dumb opponents than to have a player frustrated by why the fuck didnt mienshao at 1 hp die from its life orb

Not to mention battle/AI incongruity is going to lead to other silly AI problems in itself.

Like, I get it. Believe me, I do, and I cringe every time a Pokemon that has an SE move for a target uses an NVE move instead, but we can't revert to E13 AI (it isn't even that structurally different from E14's though) and we need to actually make the game work before anything else.

• Developers

The AI is actually not -that- difficult to edit, even for me

But there's still a ton to do even with everything implemented. The AI is on the radar, but we want to get battles functional first because it's less problematic to have dumb opponents than to have a player frustrated by why the fuck didnt mienshao at 1 hp die from its life orb

Not to mention battle/AI incongruity is going to lead to other silly AI problems in itself.

Like, I get it. Believe me, I do, and I cringe every time a Pokemon that has an SE move for a target uses an NVE move instead, but we can't revert to E13 AI (it isn't even that structurally different from E14's though) and we need to actually make the game work before anything else.

*Shofu crying in the distance*

So can u please explain a second time how to battle aster in E14? In a detailed way this time? Because all you're practically saying is that I will fight him at some point in E14, but I already finished e14 without battling him! So please explain it to me. I really want to battle him :(

You probably chose the route that didn't include this battle, then. I didn't either :[

Oh, would this happen after you've defeated Blake and Cal offers to bring you down to town and if you'd decline you'd get this battle?

But you dont get Waterfall after that ...

Does Aster say or give anything interesting? Does he have any interesting pokemon or smth like that? Because if not then theres no reason for me to replay the whole episode.

It gives Waterfall and you get some scene like Simon

wait. I did the sidequest for simon, but I cant remember what it was about. I only remember the part where he sits in his house and doesnt want to talk about Team Meteor and to leave him alone. What was his sidequest about?

TL;DR: The Simon sidequest haven't yet finish but later we could dive on the Tanzan Lake to found the corpse of Tara/or and some item/something.. It's a event like a ex Meteor who helps you with Meteor in future

Same with Aster and Eclipse's dead body on her house