Server Status [Online]

nyu

Crashed, burned, and offline'd again. Probably more harddrive failure. The good news is I'll be home in 2 weeks and will be able to give the server a bit more love and attention. Until then, unstable backup servers go!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit of a heads up:

I won't be able to host any Reborn server (backup or main) for the majority of Friday the 18th. That's the day I train home, and it's about a 9 hour journey altogether. The backup server that's currently running is being done from my laptop which I'ma need to take with me on that day. I suppose I could have it back up and running right around league time (my train is scheduled to arrive home at 9:40ish EST), but I imagine you'll all be assembled elsewhere by that time.

Other than that, things should be relatively stable. I should be able to keep my laptop on throughout next week, assuming I don't do anything stupid... (don't let me update my kernel ... as tempting as it sounds it'll only cause problems).

Also I've pretty much given up hope on getting the main server back alive before I get there; I called today and the problem is worse than before. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if I couldn't recover anything off the HDDs ... so lessoned learned: more backups!

Could you get Nyu's scripts and implement them beforehand then? They make the server so much more Reborn-ish.

Here be they if you want: scripts.txt

Gah, silly forum not letting me upload a .js file.

Also in DOS format now, for all you crazy people that don't like \n-terminated lines: scripts_dos.txt

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Seeing as the server seems to have disappeared from the registry, I figure this topic should be brought back to everyone's attention.

The server is up, no worries~

For those who don't know it already-

Advanced Connection:

sadpancake.com

OR

71.195.107.248:5080

Aww, I was afraid of that happening, but I suppose 'twas to be expected, considering that the server told me that it couldn't connect to the registry when it first started...

Edit: Kay, so it appears to be back on... Admins if this happens in the future use the command /registry, and if that doesn't fix it then the server will have to be restarted...

• Administrators

Noted, but let's hope it doesn't become necessary... there's a method for us to restart the server, if I recall? Or is that up to you?

there's a method for us to restart the server, if I recall? Or is that up to you?

There was, but it hasn't existed now for a while, I'll work on getting that set up again.

• 4 months later...

So ... the server is randomly dying. We're not quite sure what the problem is, but the registry is having problems as well. I think it's related to that, but I'm not positive. Anyway, advance connect is still nyu.im, assuming we manage to keep restarting it after every crash/disconnect/whatever (Thanks Ikaru for doing that for the past couple hours or so~)

Edit: Fixed fixed