Server Status [Online]

nyu

I'll try to keep this topic (and title) updated with the current server status, although hopefully it will always be online and no problems will happen ever.

It appears at time the Server Registry screws up and not all servers get listed as they should. If that happens, you can try an Advanced Connection to one of the following:

nyu.im - Main server

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what little I read on PO's IRC channel, Steve (the guy that usually hosts Beta Server and the Registry) is no longer involved with PO due to conflicting ideas. Anyway that means both Beta Server and Registry had to quickly go find a new host ... which caused Reborn not to show up.

But it seems everything is back to normal now, although it's very likely to screw up again soon (I think the current host is only temporary).

Yeah ... either the internet went out or a power outage broke everything. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do at the moment. I can't even host it on my laptop since I don't have the files needed nor can I get them from my server.

And this is why hosting stuff from a home computer kinda sucks.

[update] Yep, power outages. But they're all gone now and everything should be working ... but it's not. So most likely the outage majorly screwed up something and I have no way of fixing it. Grrs.

...So this means the server's offline for how long??? :)

Until Thanksgiving ... unless somebody wants to go to my house and figure out why it no longer boots up.

[More Updates] Good news: my sister was willing to crawl into the little cabinet and hook up a monitor and step through the boot process. At least there's someone willing to try to work on things. Bad news: The hard drive will no longer boot. There's a small chance that this is fixable, but most likely I'll have to go buy new hardware ... which would definitely mean no server until Thanksgiving.

Curse you power outages!

[update++] Now hosting the server on my laptop, which will probably suck but it's worth a shot. Hopefully I'll just never take my laptop to class. Also I can't get to the old database file so all the user information is lost. At the very least I'll try to auth the proper people when/if they show up.

D= that sucks Nyu..... well its just one day I dont think itll be that bad... if worst comes to worst we can go to Mysidia and make a Reborn channel so everyone can meet

BUT for now me and Ame are in Beta taking Refuge I opened a Reborn channel on there as well.

Hmm, not sure if it's my fail internet connection or the server is crashing. Either way, it's back now

Mods: The restart-link that you used to use now works properly with the new server ... so feel free to try that next time.

EDIT: There's now a script that runs every 5 minutes and attempts to start the server if it's not already running. Not sure if it'll help out or not ... but it's there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ... this is lame. I really wanted to transfer a bunch of data to/from my server tonight, too.

My life needs more Google-provided internet ... or I should just buy a VPS or something. Who was it again that was going to host a VPS for me? Mashy? Whoever it is should get on that faster.

EDIT: And back online now ... for now =/

There was talk on the IRC earlier about Beta Server being unstable and the Registry crashing. I'm not quite sure how that would affect Reborn Server specifically (other than not showing up on the Registry), but it might be a cause.

• 3 weeks later...