Server Status [Online]

nyu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly again it seems down.. not only that Mysidia is lagggin... I'm wondering if it someone or something someone has.... anyways... I'm in Rich's Place for the soul fact no one is in there and it seems safe.

Also...to Ame: I say if we can't find anywhere stable we postpone the League tonight.

I keep my word when I can. Sides... Mysidia almost failed on me. And then I was in there and the chat made me want to face:desk. I give up.

"You guys are why I drink!!!"

I was joking when I said that yesterday. Today, it might actually happen. =(

In the meantime, I shall see what I can Necro.

Plan A. Reborn Server

Plan B. Mysidia

and sadly

Plan C. Pokemon Online Server

thats what I can think of atm.. Mysidia is alright for now

STEPS!

1.go to Server that we announce

2.go to channels

3.click on Temp Reborn channel

4.there we all are!

• Administrators

I would sooner invade a smaller unused server than go to Pokemon Online's. That area is much more prone to chaos, and sometimes lag.

For those who don't know, Reborn's Server, as I understand, is under something called a DoS. This stands for Denial of Service, and basically means that it is under constant siege by a computer that is spamming requests to it in such large numbers that the server, unable to keep up with them all, is forced to shut down. The offending IP has been traced to a World of Warcraft site, but quite frankly, that makes no sense at all. We'll get this fixed ASAP; don't worry.

In the mean time, Blez has a back up server that he may put up, or otherwise, we'll simply chill in Mysidia.

I suggest splitting everyone between the two servers...

or a system of half the roster of registered players may challenge a day, but they each get two challenges on their days. really, anything to alleviate the high influx of players when you're trying to do league.

Online, and I assume stable until right before the league starts again, because for some reason everything likes to blow up right around that time =/

Also I have no idea if the DoS thing was actually correct. It's very possible that I was just dumb and misreadng things, although the pretty graph did show a ton of requests from that on IP ... I dunno~ either way stricter firewall rules have been set and IPs have been blocked.

• Administrators
Online, and I assume stable until right before the league starts again, because for some reason everything likes to blow up right around that time =/

I know, right? Wtf. But this made me chuckle, because it's so, so true. Perhaps because of the increased traffic?

• 3 weeks later...

Whole network is down and it's not a problem on our end, so Reborn is down until our ISP decided to actually work again.

Also I'd change the topic title but I can't long-click things on my phone...

EDIT: Yay that was fast; online again.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, so crazy things have happened and I'm still not quite sure what the cause is. Unfortunately there isn't much I do for my own server over the phone, so it'll likely be down until I go back home at the end of the quarter (sometime in March).

On a less sadful note, I purchased (I think, the whole setup thing is really confusing) a VPS for a month, so hopefully I can get that up and running. Assuming it works like I want it to, Reborn's PO server should be much more stable and responsive, but I have no VPS experience, so we'll see how that goes...

Update: VPS is up, running, and hosting the server.

• 3 weeks later...
The advanced connect is now "reborn.sadpancake.com", just pointing that out; as for the rest, you can "Suspense~" all you want, but, the important thing is that I kept her from being upset and chose Titania as I originally intended to~

EDIT: Oh, it's also "71.195.107.248:5080" if that one doesn't work.

^^^^^^^^ This

Err, fixed... << >> ~Ikaru

Sorry about that guys, dunno why I could not get it back on the registry without restarting ... for future reference an advanced connection to sadpancake.com should work.

Bear, if you want, you could CNAME something to sadpancake.com, then we could have advanced connection names that are based on this domain ... po.pokemonreborn.com, perhaps?