Who do YOU think is the strongest video gaming protagonist, and why?

CURIE

I've been putting together a project to prove once and for all the most OP of video game heroes, so I want the opinions of all you guys on why my guy isn't the strongest. So what do you guys think?

Now, there's some rules:
1. Only playable characters who originate from video games.
I mean come on, a villan can't qualify as "strongest" because they get taken down by the hero in the end. Side characters don't count, because the. Wherever there's a game with an all powerful, almighty diety, obviously that guy's the strongest. And Superman doesn't count as a video game protagonist just because he's a protagonist in video games.

2. No outside help allowed.
If your guy has a weapon that was given to him by his friend, that's fine. But if he has a weapon given to him by his friend that he needs his friend to use, then that's a no go. Your judgement of him being the strongest should be based solely on things he's able to do on his own.

3. Actual facts, feats, and maybe math please. No fanboy "facts"
It's okay to not know how strong other characters are. But for the love of Super Mario Galaxy, know what you're talking about before you say stuff. Don't say dumb stuff like "oh Kratos can run at a bajillion times the speed of light and destroy the entire universe with a flick of his finger" because he can't. If you could find a feat tha you can use math to measure, and from there prove that he CAN do those things, then that's another story.

4. Slapping the word "god" on something isn't an excuse.
That doesn't mean you can't use it, it just means you can't just say something like "Kratos beat up gods so that makes him the strongest." The original definition of a "god" was something that's all powerful, all knowing, everywhere at once, or at the very least one of those three things. Video games and anime, however, have started slapping that word on things it shouldn't belong on. For example, the "god" Asura's defeated is a lot stronger than any of the "gods" Kratos beat up. Heck, your average Pikachu is probably stronger than God of War's version of Zeus.

As for my guy, well, actually I won't say it, this topic's part of my project anyway. It's a subject for another day.

Of course the strongest videogame protagonist of all times is Ethan/Lyra, from Pokemon HG/SS. What with enslaving a god and having it re-create the universe from scratch, just for him/her? Not just that: the reason why s/he gets said god to re-create the universe from scratch is SO THAT S/HE CAN ENSLAVE YET ANOTHER GOD. Afterwards, s/he can enlist said gods to athletic competitions!

Of course the strongest videogame protagonist of all times is Ethan/Lyra, from Pokemon HG/SS. What with enslaving a god and having it re-create the universe from scratch, just for him/her? Not just that: the reason why s/he gets said god to re-create the universe from scratch is SO THAT S/HE CAN ENSLAVE YET ANOTHER GOD. Afterwards, s/he can enlist said gods to athletic competitions!

Yeah , I forgot this and kinda tried to edit it in but you were too fast, rule 4 is that slapping the word "god" on something is not an excuse

Elizabeth from Bioshock. The power to open and jump into alternate realities is over powered. Knowing every possibility at all times, throw in some vigors and plasmids and you've made an unstoppable force for all of time and space.

(Points to avatar pic) chaos from the Xenosaga series is definitely up there. I don't want to say too much because there are so many spoilers to one of my favorite storyline plots. I'll just summarize it by saying he is able to stop a spaceship from crash landing with a fraction of his power.

Gameplay wise, I think Ike from Fire Emblem might be it. The man could take down a whole army all by himself and them some due to the OP Aether Skill. He's also one of the hardest bosses in Fire Emblem history rivaling that of the RNG goddess Anna. The man basically one shots even Generals in that chapter.

I'd have to say Terra from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, I feel that he is the strongest Keyblade Wielder as of now. I know that I would prob get a lot of hate for this (A TON if HMK saw this) but, He gave Riku the Keyblade, but the only way for Riku to be able to control the darkness is because he weld the Keyblade that was given to him. Another reason why I think Terra is so strong is just his appearance, I mean look at dem abs. *cough*, moving on... Even though he was consumed by Master Xehanort, his "Lingering Will" is so god damn powerful, but this is just my opinion....

• Support Squad

2. No outside help allowed.

If your guy has a weapon that was given to him by his friend, that's fine. But if he has a weapon given to him by his friend that he needs his friend to use, then that's a no go. Your judgement of him being the strongest should be based solely on things he's able to do on his own.

Whilst they aren't necessarily the strongest, I didn't ut that much thought into it, this rule kinda eliminates The Persona protagonists from the running, seeing as their power is based on the bonds between their friends and the need for their friends.. They could be the strongest, based on the idea that they have access to the Wild Card ability which is stupidly adaptable and gives them many, many, many immunities to things and, giving them the powers of Personas based on a wide variety of mythological characters. Like, you can literally embody Satan and the Messiah in those games. Or Thor. He's cool too.

EDIT: These personas aren't necessarily Gods. Simply likeneses to those gods, but still powerful nonetheless

Mario. He eats mushrooms and becomes a giant. He eats carnivorous plants and starts throwing fireballs away. He eats leaves and starts flying. He breaks bricks (75BP) with a punch. He can breathe underwater and in outer space. Heck, even when he gets the star, everything that touches him dies instantly.

bonus: he has tremendous amounts of patience as he keeps rescuing pricess after princess, subdues his enemies, and forces them to go carting

Edited by nickcrash

Okay, I may have confused some people about rule 4. When I say slapping the word "god" on something isn't an excuse, I don't mean it disqualifies it. I just mean that you can't just say "this guy's a god so he's the strongest" or "this guy beat up a god so he's the strongest". You'd have to go in detail as to what the "god" is capable of, since in video games the title is often given to beings that don't deserve it.

Kratos is an god.

Kratos isn't a god, he is a son of a god who kills Gods and Heroes of legend for shit and giggles. He also kills Titans, and rips them to pieces with his bare hands.

I also want to point out that the one and only person who successfully slayed him was himself. He performed hari Kari, spoiler alert.

And in every single main series game, he dies, goes to hell, and is like Fuck this place, and he either literally swims out of the river Styx or bitch slaps death forcing him to release him from his clutches.

Long story short, Kratos does all the things people claims chuck Norris does.

As for villian, ganondorf. He does everything ganon does, except offscreen.

Ganon and Kratos both "die" but don't stay dead. They literally walk up to deaths door, give it the finger and go back to destroying the world...

Which is hilarious to think of since one of them is considered a "Hero".

Another super powerful couple of protagonists are Dante from Devil May Cry and Bayonnta are both hella powerful. Dante's twin bro, Virgil is also OP in both the Fighting Game universe and in his ingame canon.

Alex Mercer, man. Absurd amounts of strength, the capacity to recover from a single cell remaining (including blood), can create zombie army given the appropriate material, and if he eats someone he takes their power and adds it to his already impressive roster.

We had a similar topic not so long ago:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12016

and I'll go with Kirby!

(those of you who have watched the Death Battle Kirby vs. Buu will know what he is capable of)

First of all: Kirby is still a BABY!

- can absorb powers from "enemies" by eating them, granting him immense diversity (Master Sword-Fighter, Master Martial-Artist etc.)

- IMMENSE strength (he can throw a gigantic frying pan with a monster on it around the sun!)

- almost invulnarable - his body is all wobbly and stuff which softens every blow - making him feel almost nothing (he got crushed by so many heavy things and come out as if nothing happened!)

- travel through space with his Warp-Star

- fly short distances on his own, by inflating himself

- CUTENESS-OVERLOAD! ("Haaaaiiiiiiii~" - "Puyo.")

We had a similar topic not so long ago:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12016

and I'll go with Kirby!

(those of you who have watched the Death Battle Kirby vs. Buu will know what he is capable of)

That battle was rigged! Rigged i tell you!!!....Ahem anyway you're probably right but i don't like that pink blob, it's too childish and too op like say Superman (hey another battle that was rigged) imo

Just gonna leave this one here and say nothing:
2yxr6f4.jpg

if you're having a discussion about the strongest game character of all times, you should at least know something about this guy.
He's not just strong. Even if you're stronger than Asura, you're still going to lose. He's still gonna rip you apart even if you take his limbs off before that. You can cut him in half and he will still destroy you. Hell, he will destroy you're whole planet universe if you touch his daughter.

See this guy? -

void0.jpeg

That thing is just a Demo Boss. A DEMO Boss! That means you can basically destroy him for free! Asura takes him down without much effort.
Seal Asura away? He will just break out.
Take his limbs? He will bite you to death.
Take his family as hostage? He's still gonna beat the shit out of you before you can do anything to his beloved ones.
Be a God? Asura doesn't know that word.
Be a stronger transformed God? There's still no hope for you.

Yeah, so... did I already told you, that Asura can have six arms, has superstrenght, superspeed, can almost fly and doesnt need anything to live (air, food, water etc.)?

Okay Asura guy, you're saying a bit too many "fanboy facts" there. Where does Asura show he always wins even if his opponent is stronger? Because as I recall his fights always end in him out-strengthing his opponent. And where does he show he can survive being cut in half or in little peices and still fight?

That battle was rigged! Rigged i tell you!!!....Ahem anyway you're probably right but i don't like that pink blob, it's too childish and too op like say Superman (hey another battle that was rigged) imo

neither of those fights were rigged, they were both based on the greatest canon feats of both, and i'm just going to remind you of marx, that campagign is were kirby is strongest ingame

neither of those fights were rigged, they were both based on the greatest canon feats of both, and i'm just going to remind you of marx, that campagign is were kirby is strongest ingame

^_^ i know, that was sarcasm, i just like to think those battles were rigged, well Superman i can stomach but Kirby? Really? Just how? Buu is evil and ruthless while Kirby is just a child

I might have to agree with the Xenoblade series. Didn't Shulk kill a being that created/destroyed realities in its sleep? Not too knowledgeable on the series, but from what I know its pretty op.

Few honorable mentions:

-Aqua - Kingdom hearts

• Ridiculous speed/strength/skill
  • Uber magic that includes time and gravity manipulation
  • Held her own against the X-Blade
  • Beat Ventus' dark side multiple times, and overall completely outclasses Ventus. IIRC, Sora used 1/3 of his power for the entire first game.

-Samus

• With the light suit, she can travel lightspeed (at least).
  • The volt driver in metroid fusion gave energy output, and it was on the same level as a nuke. Its actually a really weak weapon in the series. Needless to say, she can also tank all this and more.
  • She has weapons that shoot near absolute zero projectiles and mini-black holes.

-Sonic

• One of the fastest characters out there.
  • With chaos emeralds, broke a reality
  • With chaos emeralds, time travel
  • With chaos emeralds, killed a reality destroying being (admittedly with help)

Ashram is really damn powerful, but not sure how he compares to Kratos... I need to replay Asura's Wrath. I really liked that game. Kinda wish it was harder and more God of war-y.

From the top of my head Asura's is anime Kratos. And yes I know his Hindu roots.

OF COURSE RONALDO in Pro Evolution 2014!!!! :P. He is the best and he is unstopable!!! :P

MY POKEMON REBORN TEAM:

blaziken.gifgallade.gifmetagross.gifcarracosta.gifflygon.gifdusknoir.gif

lvl 78 lvl 76 lvl 75 lvl 65 lvl 68 lvl 72

MY ROTATION TEAM:

lucario.gifumbreon.gifpidgeot.gifbouffalant.gifemboar.gifwalrein.giflanturn.gifmeganium.gif

lvl 62 lvl 53 lvl 57 lvl 63 lvl 73 lvl 59 lvl 50 lvl 45

venusaur.gifswampert.gifpyroar.gif

lvl 46 lvl 45 lvl 75

and i really want one day to have that little guy:

gible.gif

Edited by Pausaunias