Monster Hunter Thread

Godot

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play MH4 more if I didn't have to keep switching SD Cards on my 3ds >.> that game is so big

Is it really that big? i haven't had the need to switch cards unless you have a buttload of data in yours? :o

Has anyone been successful getting LInk's Armor and weapon? I am having trouble with the three thunder beasties.

I got most of it, ive been doing it with a friend but we got distracted and we got the sailor set instead lol, i can imagine it being tough if your doing solo though.

Has anyone been successful getting LInk's Armor and weapon? I am having trouble with the three thunder beasties.

I've fought plenty of Kirin and Rajang in MHFU so I have a few of those tickets laying around.

I've been taking it slow ever since saving dundorma since i wanna scale up the HR with my friend and she's not always having the free time

gives me plenty of time to make every single godamn Light Bowgun though

like holy shit I've been way too fixated on it

Got a story that just happened that I feel I must share. I am up against an Azure Rathalos, fighting the beast off quite efficiently. When all of a sudden, a red splotch hits my screen. My nose decides to start bleeding midst the fight, and I am forced to drop the game and tend to my nose. Unfortunately, I left my hunter at the mercy of that foul beast and I came back to the screen with my character back at base camp with only a few minutes left. In those few minutes I went berserk, relentlessly attacking that wyvern even as it tried to limp away from me. I savored the victory with tissue stuffed up my nose.

3U, you say? That's the game I started on as well... and I have to say, from what I've played of 4U, I still like 3U a bit more. The environments are so much prettier... Plus WiiU HD, whoop whoop!

But if you're getting it for 3DS, my advice would firstly be to get it for WiiU if at all possible. It's a MUCH better experience. (Not to say the 3DS version isn't amazing as well.) If you do get it for 3DS, my advice would be to buy a Circle Pad Pro. It's pretty much necessary to have a second joystick for this game, especially in the underwater areas.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot of advice to give beyond monster-specific info, and I don't know which ones you'll have trouble with. All the weapons are viable, so just pick what you feel most comfortable with. If you do run into trouble with something, just ask. There are very few things I haven't beaten in that game. Otherwise, I'd just say always keep a large stock of Mega Potions, Tranq Bombs, Nulberries, and traps. Make upgrading the farm to get honey a priority. It'll save you a lot of time.

• Support Squad

Yeah, I'd heard that MH was far better with a circle pad pro but seeing as It's worth almost as much as the game itself on Amazon, I think i'll try and deal with the game as is. Unfortunately I don't own a Wii U so that ain't happening either though i'm tempted to get one for 4U and Bayonetta

And apparently CCP doesn't even work with my XL >.>

No 4U for WiiU unfortunately... 3DS exclusive. (Still don't know why...)

And yeah, with an XL, you'll be out of luck with the CPP. The game does have camera controls on the touchpad, so I guess you'll just have to get used to using those. The target cam should help too. (It focuses the camera onto the monster any time you press L.)

• Support Squad

oh, same lock on mechanics as Kindom hearts. I'll be gold. From the sounds of it, the game has the same issues as KH recoded on the DS which had a terribad camera and NEEDED you to use the Touchscreen for the camera as well as five different things and I played that without a damn stylus which was nigh mandatory. I think I'l be able to make do.

*WHISTLE*

EY, i'm getting MH3U cuz I had a voucher at a place, any veterans got any tips?

hit stuff

dont get hit yourself

have patience because this game has a steep learning curve

So I'm around 12 hours in IIRC. I've been using the Gunlance almost exclusively since "shield-shuffle up to monster and shank repeatedly" has worked on pretty much everything other than the Tetsucabra. I tried the Charge Blade a bit to when I got a Rough Edge relic with ~700 Attack.

I played mh4 first, took a break right before fighting the monster before the Mangalla.... And thought "I am going to play through Majora's Mask all the way". Procrastination is a thing, I am in Ikana Valley and can't motivate myself to finish the game XD

I just got to the temple. I need to jump back into MH4 with all this awesome DLC hitting the game.