Reborn Pokemon Project II

Mashew

This post is subject to change by Mash, Bullet, Ame, or Ikaru.

ALRIGHT!! SO REVIVAL!!! WOO! /hyper

Alright so we will start with step one!
1.The first step should be to simply figure out, what do we want the Pokemon to do. What is its role? How is it going to be unique? What are the main selling points of it? Just picking types doesn't give us these key aspects that actually identify the Pokemon. After this basic step, we can flesh out typing, movepool, etc.

[b]PLEASE NOTE THAT A LIMIT OF 3 SUGGESTION TO A PERSON!!![/b]

Bullet says: "This isn't a "make something you like as if you were a second grader making Pokemon and be happy" thing. I'm expecting anyone who participates to actually be reasonable, serious, and open to peoples' input, as well as cooperate, not just endlessly praisse and argue over their idea. Tell it, give a brief description, and that's fine. Don't flame others' ideas or troll though >> <<. "

I think just picking a typing is kinda silly. The first step should be to simply figure out, what do we want the Pokemon to do. What is its role? How is it going to be unique? What are the main selling points of it? Just picking types doesn't give us these key aspects that actually identify the Pokemon. After this basic step, we can flesh out typing, movepool, etc.

well if we do need a typing i would go with Grass/fire, with only weakness being flying, and bug, it would be able to survive some turns (mainly cause the only moves viable to teams are Flying types) it would be able to work perfectly in sun (maybe to perfect...) due to that stab with fire moves, the grass side would also help giving it some safety against certain fire weaknesses like water and ground, the most common killers of fire type sweepers, and also, it would be able to get some good support moves thanks to its grass typeness, basicly it can work in sweepin or support... and there is my idea

Kay well, here I go.

Submission #1
Speed Stall
[quote]Stall Pokemon are slow and defensive, no? So, what about a speedy Pokemon, with the other attributes of a stalling Pokemon? One that's not fit to attack and attack, but actually defends using its Speed as an asset? "QuickStall" teams are nothing new to most Uber players, teams built to stall with fast and semi-frail Pokemon. This Pokemon would pretty much be just this, though perhaps with some more defensive capabilities. This Pokemon would also really bring a whole new dimension to stall teams, an inclusion that strays away from weaknesses of most stalling Pokemon, and adds more variety for the player and the opponent. However, such a Pokemon would have merits outside stall teams; a speedy wall/tank Pokemon can migitate the downsides of offensive teams requiring to use slower walls that will slow down their tempo.[/quote]

Submission #2
Fix It!

[quote]Every team has holes. Every team has weaknesses. Sometimes, it's difficult to find a Pokemon that can cover up a major weakness without opening up another. This ladies and gentlemen, is the Pokemon that fixes that. Basically, a universal problem solver that can stop certain sweepers, or perhaps break past certain walls depending on the moves and EVs used. Versatility is the main thing here, enough for it to do one job incredibly well without it taking on a different role that it could pull off with a different moveset, at the same time. Abilities are also fairly key here, and stats need to be greatly tinkered with.[/quote]

Submission #3
Momentum Generator

[quote]A tool for offensively based teams, or balanced teams, to create a stepping stone for advantage. How does this work? Well, offensive teams often suffer the problem of being forced to sacrifice a Pokemon against a certain sweeper, perhaps exhaust many resources to defeat a certain wall. This is the solution. A somewhat utility Pokemon, the role is to stop Pokemon that can shift the advantage to your opponent, and one-up them. Sounds tricky, but it's somewhat of a check to certain Pokemon, what moves such as U-Turn that lets you keep the match under control. Immunities are fairly key here.[/quote]

LOL a Burning Leaf, but if a leaf is burning to ashes and fire still going around it. does it still be consider a fire/grass or a OH SHIT PA, field on Fire type. Just note it doesn't have to Dual typed people unless you want to amuse me like Rodaku did no offense but the idea of a type like that is good but ITS JUST FUNNY CAUSE OF THE LOGIC IN IT.

Anyway, fix your shit my brother, It can't have a bug weakness cause fire completely resist bug in the actrual game. I wouldn't even make bug do neutral damage either, Flying weakness yes, but It woudn't make since for it to resist water cause its on fire.

So basicly saying.

Weakness:
Water
Flying
Poison
Rock(I would give it rock as a weakness cause that is a way to put out burning grass)

Resist:
Bug
Steel
Grass
Ice
Fire

Next~

This isn't a "make something you like as if you were a second grader making Pokemon and be happy" thing. I'm expecting anyone who participates to actually be reasonable, serious, and open to peoples' input, as well as cooperate, not just endlessly praisse and argue over their idea. Tell it, give a brief description, and that's fine. Don't flame others' ideas or troll though >> <<.

• Administrators
[quote]..Ame wins life. I like his idea... Anti Weather support with Cloud Nine yay[/quote]

We don't have to use Cloud Nine. Smogon created their own abilities, did they not? How abooouuutttt....

Clear Skies:
This Pokemon, upon entry to the the battle field, nullifies all weather effects. (ie: Stops raining, Sunlight goes away, Sandstorm subsides and Hail... lol, hail.)

Can we all agree, at least before going into the specifics, that we should make this thing anti-weather?

welp, since the rules changed on me on random part i must make news, so here are my ideas then

Submission 1
Weather Be Gone
basically as it suggests its a Pokemon that can both turn off weather Pokemon, aka the sandstorms and rain, while taking out the most prized sweeper of them it would show most people to stop using weather and start thinking more outside the box, it should be at least strong enough and fast to take out these pesky weather users, it should be able to hit hard enough to actually stop the stallers of weather to tell them, "buddy, weather is cool and all... but when you go up against him.... Weather isn't a factor anymore"

Submission 2
Where did all the speed go.... oh right... it goes to me
This Pokemon should be able to both utilize the move thats been bothering people of its sheer uselessness... Trick Room. it would have to be able to take a few hits while not dishing out much pain, its main motive is to speed up the slows, it would also give teams a more greater tactics (like speed boosting on last turn of Trick room) while that being said, it would be a bit of a pain to use at times, it would help utilize trick room in some sorts.....

Submission 3
and here comes the black smith.... who broke my sword...
did anyone say something about Smelted fire.... no? they should, basically this Pokemon would be defensive in nature but be able to get many stat boosting moves to boot with Baton pass, why? well not many people can utilize baton pass without BOOM there goes your sweeper... but what if we had a Pokemon that can bring the boosts, and hand them out like candy? then we got our selfs a Pokemon that can get sweeping the edge for the most part, it does help the more aggressive and defensive depending on what side you take... the more defensive and wally way... or the more aggressive and fast way... the choices are many

• Developers
[quote name='Ikaru' timestamp='1306110952' post='14510']
We don't have to use Cloud Nine. Smogon created their own abilities, did they not? How abooouuutttt....

Clear Skies:
This Pokemon, upon entry to the the battle field, nullifies all weather effects. (ie: Stops raining, Sunlight goes away, Sandstorm subsides and Hail... lol, hail.)

Can we all agree, at least before going into the specifics, that we should make this thing anti-weather?
[/quote]

Only problem with that is actually ADDING abilities, I think, is impossible, atleast for now.

My question, why does everyone jump to anti weather immediately? It's just another mechanic. Is it powerful? Sure. Do lots of people use it? Sure. But does creating one Pokemon to just destroy it fix anything? No, it convinces people not to use weather. My point is, what's the point of making a Pokemon solely to counter weather? Is everyone so afraid of it they want an all powerful guardian against it? There's nothing to say we can't create a Pokemon that has a role but indirectly counters weather. And it's not to say counters to weather don't already exist. Also, do we [i]want[/i] a Pokemon to be abused endlessly just because people can't think and actually build their teams so they won't get rolled over by weather? What's the fun in that? Do we want to maim weather by making a Pokemon with the intention to simply counter it? It's a perfectly viable strategy, powerful perhaps, but simply making something that flat out destroys it isn't fair to the people who actually [i]like[/i] weather, and use it for that sole reason, is it? And for the others that use it? Like I said, there's no point in making something to defeat it and simply defeat it, do we need to entirely destroy a strategy just because some people don't like it? I leave with those thoughts.

• Developers
[s]Bullet's just mad because he love weather so much[/s]

That said, he has a point. Doing that is pointless, because instead of weather, everyone would just run him, and even though making weather the minority would be ever so fun, it'd be extremely counterproductive. However, a pokemon that has Cloud Nine that's actually, I dunno, GOOD, would be a lovely thing. Not a direct counter to weather itself, but something that can threaten the likes of Doryuzuu, Swift Swimmers, and the like.

• Administrators
True, I thought of that while I was thinking of the wording of the ability... I guess Cloud Nine could work fine. However, my second question remains, aside from Bullet's answer: Can we all agree, at least before going into the specifics, that we should make this thing anti-weather?

The point of this is to make a fun new tier with new Pokemon to try out, no? Does squeezing weather into miniscule existence do this? Nope. It just discourages people from using weather. Fascinating, that's a fun new tier. If you really think weather needs to be countered that badly, just create that No Weather Tier for god's sake.

• Administrators
Right, exactly, and that's why I'm asking instead of saying "LET'S DO THIS GUYS!" Failing to make a useable Cloud Nine Pokemon, other options I'd like to see...
Well, we have a solid Nasty Plot sweeper, and enough Pokemon in existence to Swords Dance properly for the next few generations; as such I propose one of the following:

Submission 1:
We all know Agiligross had its time in the spotlight; A strong Pokemon but pitiful speed, remedied easily by Agility. I'd like to see more Pokemon like this, but ones that can do it successfully. Not something like Aggron or Rhyperior with two 4x weaknesses that are hard NOT to run into, moreso on Aggron's case.

Submission 2:
Where are the mixed sweepers? Mixape had a legacy in Gen4 with its ability to break the incredibly common SkarmBliss combo... Work Up is an amazing move giving +1 in both attacking stats... But nothing capable of using it is good enough in either speed, or either of its offensive stats to do so well enough. So how about it?

Nuff about weather~ You can't ensure an 100% successful counter with anything due to hax any damn way. by this I mean even if there was a Clear sky or Cloud nine created It can still be taken out in battle and the weather starts again despite your efforts to keep ze created pokemon alive, this occurs moar with sand cause there are like 2 users of it OU. Despite the annoying rate of weather team everywhere. If you truely need to counter weather then like Bullet say make the tier that doesn't make no damn sense to have. I vote to drop the Anti weather idea and make something else, I sense a mini storm brewing and it might get bigger the moar the idea get pursuited~

[quote name='Ikaru' timestamp='1306110952' post='14510']

Clear Skies:

[/quote]

1. I was thinking the same thing, Ikaru. But the name I came up with for the ability is Storm Break. But I guess that doesn't exactly fit in as well with sunny day weather.

2. Clear Sky/ Storm Break doesn't really fit a grass/fire pokemon imo, so I would argue that we pick to focus on a pokemon with one or the other. If anything, the typing would make it a perfect Sunnyd Day whore. ahem.

3. Silly bullet, you're missing the point of an anti-weather pokemon.
[quote]But does creating one Pokemon to just destroy it fix anything? No, it convinces people not to use weather.[/quote]
And creating a few pokemon that create permanent weather convinces people to use weather now and they're now not only must haves to use weather, but merely to counter weather. Really it DOES fix the problem of weather whores and having to counter weather with weather by simply neutralizing it. People already play ridiculous switch-in/out games with their weather setters just to keep their advantage from completely reversing. He who can keep their own weather up wins... that's not ideal at all, but that is the reality right now.

You can still use weather, but it's just another thing to watch out for as possible downsides that using any one strategy or tactic should have. Really it makes it reasonable to have a team be destroyed by anti-weather because the whole team is built to rely on one little thing so much. It SHOULD have that inherent risk to balance out the obviously large gains it's associated with. Neutralization restores balance, restores the cons to the pros-and-cons aspect of tactics.