Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Episode 14 Psychic types

Nintenzero

Question

I just started a psychic mono-type run (I'm at the title screen right now) what are some early psychic types, and some other ones later one? This can also be for people who are just looking for psychic types in general.

Edited by Nintenzero

25 answers to this question

I put all of the currently available ones in a spoiler, but other Psychic mons you can get early would be Gothita and the ones Jeri and Typloshion said.

Abra line

Drowzee line

Exeggcute line

Mr. Mime Jr line

Smoochum line

Unown

Ralts line

Meditite line

Spoink line

Lunatone

Solrock

Baltoy line

Chingling line

Wynaut line

Beldum line

Bronzor line

Munna line

Woobat line

Sigilyph

Gothita line

Solosis line

Elgyem line

Espurr line

Inkay line

fenekin as a starter, espurr in a abandoned house well you have to pay someone 200 a few times, gothica in the library (not sure when available) if you can beat a beartic you can get a smoochim, ralts would be the next available when you get the corrupted pokeball,eevee, then girafferiag then the pokemon in the area where you battle ditto,

from my head this is what I could remeber

It's right before your eighth gym badge. I don't want to say much more than that but it's pretty cool in my opinion.

Edit: How does he always answer before me! Quick claw?

Edited by Damiano

• Developers

I put all of the currently available ones in a spoiler, but other Psychic mons you can get early would be Gothita and the ones Jeri and Typloshion said.

Abra line

Drowzee line

Exeggcute line

Mr. Mime Jr line

Smoochum line

Unown

Ralts line

Meditite line

Spoink line

Lunatone

Solrock

Baltoy line

Chingling line

Wynaut line

Beldum line

Bronzor line

Munna line

Woobat line

Sigilyph

Gothita line

Solosis line

Elgyem line

Espurr line

Inkay line

You can't get Gothita until you reach Beryl now, I think.

.... This is why I really, really need to play this game over again. Thanks for clarifying that Jan and sorry Damian, but I saw your reply as soon I finished so you confirmed it as well.

And Ninten, if you want to show off your progress with your monotype run, you could post it in the Team Showcase section. I actually like to read these types of things whenever someone does it.

Gothita: Post-Corey go to the Beryl Library, clean it up, and it will join your party.

Abra: Buy on 7th street

Chingling: Under the Grand Stairway.

Spoink: Coral Ward

Espurr: Pay a bum some money to get to the abandoned house. Requires PokeSnax.

Delphox line: starter exclusive

Ralts (Gadrevoir and Gallade, both highly recommended and extremely powerful): Obtain Corrupted Pokemball from Underground Railnet. Requires the Poison Type gym badge, Strength, and Rock Smash. Also, requires Magnet powder (from factory or 7th street).

Woobat: Underground Railnet. Earliest place to obtain is the small dark spot in the alley across the street from the Day Care Couple.

Beldum:Special Wasteland Event. Requires Route 1 access.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

And what about Gothita and Solosis ? The two newest psychic additions to the pokemon world , But till now i have no clue where to find solosis.

I'll give you a hint: Tanzan Mountain. Good luck getting it though.

Everyone also has forgotten Munna, in Byxbysion Wasteland's grass (in the morning, specifically). Which makes me sad because my Musharna actually did very well helping the team out. That thing was a near immovable wall...

As the question was before Julia, however, the ones you can get are Fennekin, Woobat and Espurr. You won't be able to have a full team until Shelly, unless you take on repeats, though.

Psychic is a good type, though- most Psychic-types are obtainable in Reborn. Well, not most, but I'm sure at least a quarter of them are legendaries anyway so who really cares about specifics.

...Where are my Water/Psychics

A bit more on Solosis, while I'm here:

Tanzan Mountain West, is a more direct hint. You'll need Rock Smash and Strength, and to contend with some very tricky ledges to get anywhere.

Oh, Munna, hmmm maybe I will use it on my back up team...

About Solosis I have already catch it but recently I try to go for hidden items hunt but found those ledges that have forgot about...

Is like the Beldum thing that? I didn't remember at all

Edited by Qaaz

Since you're doing a monotype psychic run, and I assume you already played though (most of) the game, should we maybe try to give advice/find tactics on how to fight Shade? You're not going to have any pokemon that doesn't take super effective damage at that point, if I'm correct, so that why I'm asking.

Lead with Meowstic-M, set up Light Screen, sac Meowstic-M. Actually the lower-leveled it is the better, you want it to get OHKO'd by Shade's Gengar so that Light Screen stays out in case Swoobat needs to heal during setup.

Send in Swoobat, Calm Mind thrice, Psychic sweep. I think Swoobat can expect to be faster than Gengar as well, so he gets to Calm Mind before each of Gengar's attacks. Doublade resists both of Swoobat's STABs but its special bulk is pretty bad.

Edited by dondon151