Colours [Feedback]

Amethyst

Ahem i'm not an expert in poetry/poems (a genre i dislike) but anyway i found the "black" part somewhat "lacking" (or well..."weak"), from the others i could imagine or "see" the colors from the text, in the "black" one i felt "emptiness" and not "color" (even if grim, black is a color). The part i liked more is "blue" maybe because it was (at least the beginning) rhymed (or because i like the ocean/sea)

I've... Very mixed feelings. You've a way with words, and they're woven nicely, but poetry, to me, is about conveying feeling.

To that extent, the colors follow a nice theme, but I couldn't help but feel not every single color conveyed emotion correctly. While a few colors - Red being the best example - irradiated with feeling, with emotion, some didn't. For the case of colors like black, which represents an hollow emptiness, that's fine and even fitting. In fact, I believe in that particular color even the fact it feels "lacking" is a bonus to it: It feels lacking because it is. it's incomplete. Empty. Broken. While colors like Red and Black gave me this impression, the others felt like fillers. Like you were trying to tell a story, but you couldn't tell it in just two colors, so you had to add more. Only these other colors feel out of place. Like they don't belong, even when telling the same tale.

...But alas. All in all, the writing is solid and I like the way the poem is structured; Despite it's shortcomings, it's still a good read.

Most of them are depressing, but...
They're definitely an interesting read. I actually see the lack of emotion in some of them as beneficial rather than detrimental. Out of the five, yellow has to be the most outstanding. It need not delve into a reminiscent level that the others do to make an impression.