My Personal Custom Sprites

catgame21234

So when I normaly play pokemon I like to play as one of my excising characters that float about in my head. And I don't know if its wrong to do this but I found the games files and found out I can safly change the files inside the game to change my sprites around. What started as a simple "oh lets just recolor her hair to make it look more like her" or "oh since this place dose have a lot of polution, some of my pokemon atleast SHOULD look different like dat one NPC blabbed about" turned into an addicting personal project. I am taking a small pause in the game right now after beating the first gym finaly and putting together at-least all the portret sprites and walking/running animations for the main "Girl 1" character.…Maybe some custom sprites for my pokemon team just because I can~

Odds are most, if not all, of the images so far posted are still WIPs. I plan on slowly but surely change her whole appearance to maybe something a bit more lively in such a grim place. I'll post here whenever I get something.

The character by the way is named Belldandy aka Bell in game. A timid but kind girl who got a train ticket to Reborn City from her mother, who encouraged her to go there so that she could "grow up a little" Saddly ever since the train bombing she's been jumpier ever since and it only gets worse with each passing day in this dammed place~

E7IT2GZ.pngZiLXeKq.pnguhvNLX3.png*zXCUSWT.png* 6kETwcZ.png

TUBWC1r.png*

bc49143496.gif

M5D8DQl.png5sYhK4q.pngHA41lJ7.pngDPYs2Xc.png

also to note

All images with an * next too I have to thank my friend for helping me make them. I draw good, but i'm really bad at big sprite edits. So he helps me out where I lack. Once he gets the ball rolling I can go in and touch up on them more. Thats all im really good at. Touch ups and recolors XD

Edited by catgame21234

You remind me of myself, when I first joined the site... I made a similar post for one of my first posts. It mostly centered around this sprite change:

2pzl7h4.png

Unfortunately I no longer have the original file for comparison, but I basically added the bangs in the middle. I just couldn't help but remember it when I saw this post.

Cool! I'm doing the same. Since I am starting a new game I decided to play through it as one of my characters, Hinode. I'm using the type of pokemon she uses, trying to catch any available species that she has on her team, etc. Spriting is fun. Plus, having all these customized options makes the game very entertaining! Though it's certainly plenty entertaining already. xD

Your character & sprites are very cute. I don't want to start a new topic for the same general thing, so I hope you don't mind if I show off what I've got so far here:

5lrps2.png

flk57d.png

eqd0eh.png

I'm too lazy to make the walk sprites, so she just always looks like she's leaning forward haha. Also, I can't seem to find where to replace the battle portraits. I haven't made that one yet, but that's what I'm most excited about. :3

I also haven't got a little story explaining why she's there. That a neat idea!

Edited by SpiderBabe

Cool! I'm doing the same. Since I am starting a new game I decided to play through it as one of my characters, Hinode. I'm using the type of pokemon she uses, trying to catch any available species that she has on her team, etc. Spriting is fun. Plus, having all these customized options makes the game very entertaining! Though it's certainly plenty entertaining already. xD

Your character & sprites are very cute. I don't want to start a new topic for the same general thing, so I hope you don't mind if I show off what I've got so far here:

5lrps2.png

flk57d.png

eqd0eh.png

I'm too lazy to make the walk sprites, so she just always looks like she's leaning forward haha. Also, I can't seem to find where to replace the battle portraits. I haven't made that one yet, but that's what I'm most excited about. :3

I also haven't got a little story explaining why she's there. That a neat idea!

Yoooooo, she looks like she'd deck you in the face just for looking at her funny. I like her!