How do you beat Florinia (2nd Gym)???

BlueWave

Hi guys

I just started playing Pokemon Reborn, but the 2nd gym battle stops me from moving on to the game. :(

I have battled her already twice but her Cradily is a really big problem. It's really bulky

RIght now, my team is a level 24 Frogadier, level 24 Kricketune, level 20 Pachirisu, level 21 Noibat and a level 20 Bellsprout. My aces for this gym is Kricketune which deals some of her grass types.

Frogadier is I guess a little useless, pachirisu, i check some other threads, some said I need to have charm on pachirisu but I accidentally removed it, noibat I guess can deal some grass types, and bellsprout, I dont user her much.

Is there any way to beat this gym I've been stuck in this gym for a while. :(

Off topic - I got an egg in the Obsidia Park, whats inside?

• Veterans

The egg's a Ducklett <3.

Also shouldnt Kricketune be able to destroy most of Florinia's gym.I mean Stab Fury Cutter hits hard the first time and is near guaranteed to OHKO everything after wards....There's a gym leader help thread with more if you want help with more leaders etc.Also make a thread in the Grand hall if you're new!

Only twice? You obviously need to try more... It took almost more than 30 tries to beat a certain gym leader on my first playthrough...

Anyway

Like Scub said, a more suitable place for this would be the Gym Leader Help thread located under Team Showcase

A good way to beat florinia is to have a lvl 20 trubbish with toxic spikes (set up twice). Almost all of her pokemon will slowly die, and it's just a matter of time before you win.

One warning, though. She has a breloom with poison heal, and the toxic spikes definitely will not work on that one. So I suggest you to get a flying type pokemon (your noibat), give it a chesto berry (the first thing breloom does when it sees a flying type is to use spore) and hit it hard with a flying-type move (X4 effectiveness).

Her ace pokemon is a lvl 25 cradily. It can be easily walled with a makuhita, mankey or a klink.

Flobot's other pokemon are just a pushover and can be easily defeated by kricketune or bellsprout.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

If you're having problems, you can catch a Burmy and a Pinecone in the little old man's park (since you're new heres a few screenshots to help you find it)

5464360c8641ebbef36fd302b3d1f3f7.png

d5642547a2c46b8b8a90710e5aebc8ca.png

Basically, its on the leftmost side of the city.

The reason burmy and pinecone are good is because they're bug type for one, but for two:

You can evolve Burmy into a trash coat Wormadam (bug/steel) which gives it pretty good defense. it also learns psychic, which can take care of that pesky Breloom.

Foretress is a bug/steel with a better physical attack than Wormadam.

I used both of them against her on my monotype steel run, A) they're good for her, B ) there wasn't much of another option.

EDIT: Link to the gym leader help thread; I'll be happy to help you there :)http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10709

Edited by Mortally Divine

Makuhita, which you can catch in the Obsidia Slums, evolves at level 24 into Hariyama. Hariyama has no problem 2HKO-ing that Cradily.

Other than that, Vespiquen is great for Florinia as well, just Headbutt trees in front of the Grand Hall till you get a female one. The gender ratio can be a bit of a pain, but if you lead with a male Pokemon with Cute Charm, you have 67% chance of encountering a female Pokemon, regardless of gender ratios (that's how it should work, haven't tried it personally).

Late at party but u can do it anyway for the next Gym

Level Up Frogadier to Evolve and use Common Candies for the Level Cap

Use a Ability Capsule for Protean Ability (if u don't already have it)

Hariyama/Mankey is a good choise too but u beat her already, Toxic Spikes Trubish is good for the next Gym too (really helped me)

Got some pokes like Numel, Magnemite, Swinub, Littleo, Cubchoo, Bunnelby they are good for some Gyms later

Late at party but u can do it anyway for the next Gym

Level Up Frogadier to Evolve and use Common Candies for the Level Cap

Use a Ability Capsule for Protean Ability (if u don't already have it)

Hariyama/Mankey is a good choise too but u beat her already, Toxic Spikes Trubish is good for the next Gym too (really helped me)

Got some pokes like Numel, Magnemite, Swinub, Littleo, Cubchoo, Bunnelby they are good for some Gyms later

next to nothing in your post is actually helpful

Toxic Spikes Trubish is good for the next Gym<<<< next gym is poison so it obviously isn't good to use tspikes

Hariyama/Mankey is a good choise too but u beat her already<<<<<<mankey is bad and you misspelled "Choice"

Level Up Frogadier to Evolve and use Common Candies for the Level Cap<<<<<waste of time at florinia

Use a Ability Capsule for Protean Ability (if u don't already have it)<<<< iirc you can only get one by then and it's made immpossible to get after you blow up the factory

Toxic Spikes Trubish is good for the next Gym<<<< next gym is poison so it obviously isn't good to use tspikes

Hariyama/Mankey is a good choise too but u beat her already<<<<<<mankey is bad and you misspelled "Choice"

Level Up Frogadier to Evolve and use Common Candies for the Level Cap<<<<<waste of time at florinia

Use a Ability Capsule for Protean Ability (if u don't already have it)<<<< iirc you can only get one by then and it's made immpossible to get after you blow up the factory

Dude, calm down. The other guy just wants to help.

And that toxic spikes thing is actually a good idea to beat shelly (the next gym, de facto)

About the ability capsule, you certainly do not recall correctly ;)

Have a good day

1) Beat Corey with Toxic Spikes back to EP10 only with Gengar didn't work

2) Beat Florinia with Mankey too, sorry for the grammar

3) I don't use Froakie line on Reborn b/c I was start the game back in EP10 so no Gen 6 and lot of guys in other threads beat Florinia with that stragedy

4) Haven't played any new game so I don't even know how many Ability Capsules are available

Thank you :)

Edited by Qaaz