Heather (contains spoilers)

laggless01

Hi everyone! (if this intro annoys you,please tell ;) )

I played episode 14, and it was sometimes...not quite predictable :P. I mean with that that I enjoyed it, particularily some new developments in the story.
But there's one thing that is now bugging me (I might have missed something, so if I did, the point that I'm about to make could be invalid, so tell me, again) is Heather.
The last time we saw her, she flew off as a mute, 'cause of obvious story reasons. The only time she was mentioned after was by cain in Vanhanen castle, where he said Blake (later a.k.a. icehole) took care of her now (she might have bettered then already, that slipped my mind now).

Now to real "spoiler" territory.

When you arrive in Ametrine, you find out she was giving food to the starving civilians, who are starving because of the iceblock and icehole. The latter found out and locked her up. When you finally meet her, she is back to normal.
What my point is: what happened? Why is she normal again (for her doing). Or I missed the transition, or it wasn't mentioned...I just want to know what happened to her that she reverted back.

If this is going to be revealed in an future episode, not necessarily the next one, then ok, at least it will be resolved.
But if not, then I missed something (probably), or there is a hiatus in her character progression (but again, it's more probable that there is something I forgot).

Edited by laggless01

Yes, but WHY then? That's what's in my mind...If you're traumatised by Connal's 'treatments', I would suspect there to be a reason to break out of that state...

EDIT: correct me, didn't she had to speak to be taken in? I thought she begun speaking again before she was taken in.

Otherwise, it might be kinda obvious. But if so, then why didn't Cain figure things out when he was there?

EDIT 2: Don't ever underestimate the possible power of trauma...you could be suprised otherwise.

Edited by laggless01

Well, I gave in when Shelly asked, so I'm probably not going to see that part. But it's still pretty vague: what did she regret?
And yeah, just regret whitout context wouldn't seem enough to me. If it's just from trusting Blake, then: or Blake doesn't have a big enough impact, because she knows him not very long (or there must be more to those two, but personally, that wouldn't fit the character), or Blake wouldn't be entirely an icehole (patially melted).

it does beg the question of how time is used in this game. does it take weeks or days to run around the region?

Yes, it could be days, weeks, months...poor guys having to live on ice cream an cotton candy for all that time...