Recommendations to kick corey's behind

Decibel

I have Meowstic, Combusken, Kricketune, Igglybuff, and Budew. I haven't gotten to corey yet but I know his team from my last game and was thinking, for the near future, what pokemon would be good to use against him?

So I had some in mind:

Woobat

Bunnelby/Diggersby

Helioptile

Are these any good? And if you have any suggestions please tell me~

For the crobat I'll suggest Electrike-Manectric (Storm weather, next to Peridot's gym) or Shinx-Luxray (4000 coins in the Onyx's game corner), but Emolga also works, Helioptile can't do anything against crobat.

Your actual team + Woobat and Diggersby can take care of the rest

P.S. That croagunk has sucker punch, use Meowstic, not Woobat

Edited by jotwas

Your team looks pretty good for Corey, including if you integrate the mons you had in mind.

Other mons I would suggest would be Emolga, Pachirisu, Phanphy, Trapinch (If you're willing to work for it), and Fortress.

Um, plenty of topics for this already exist, and for trouble with the fight itself (yes, I know you have yet to reach that, but there could still be useful info there), there's this as well.

But anyways, Noctowl does a great job here. As does Arbok, it has no trouble living a hit and Glare-ing at Crobat.

Your team is pretty solid, I was able to defeat him with just 3 Poke. Emolga and Pachirisu are the best Electric-Type Poke that far at the game (believe me, you need either one so your call). Helioptile later get's the trophy though once it evolves with Solar Power.

...Helioptile can't do anything.

lmfao....this person have no idea what he's talking about, carry on...

hmm corey was never a guy i had much problem with cant for the life of me remember what i used i think it was a meowstic that meowstic was epic for the start of the game and helped me out tonnes also sorta usefull for shades gym later with shadow ball

Your team is pretty solid, I was able to defeat him with just 3 Poke. Emolga and Pachirisu are the best Electric-Type Poke that far at the game (believe me, you need either one so your call). Helioptile later get's the trophy though once it evolves with Solar Power.

lmfao....this person have no idea what he's talking about, carry on.

I said that it can't do anything against Corey, just against Corey, two Venoshock and it's dead, in the future it will be useful when you get a Sun stone, but not now.

A fast electric type like Manectric, heliolisk, or Pachirisu are great against Corey's dragalage. One of the keys for me was taking out the dragalage before it could put down toxic spikes. Diggersby would be very good just have to be careful of his croagunk and dragalage. The numel that you can get by the Peridot Train Station when it is raining could be really good too since it learns magnitude and earthpower before level 30.

But like the others you'll do fine if you integrate Diggersby and a good fast thunder type on your team.

Just tried it and Guts Ursaring wrecks house. The field activates it's ability at the end of the turn, granting it huge power. Quick Feet's Speed boost may seem tempting, but the only one's who can outspeed it in that gym are Croagunk's Sucker Punch and Crobat.

I have Meowstic, Combusken, Kricketune, Igglybuff, and Budew. I haven't gotten to corey yet but I know his team from my last game and was thinking, for the near future, what pokemon would be good to use against him?

So I had some in mind:

Woobat

Bunnelby/Diggersby

Helioptile

Are these any good? And if you have any suggestions please tell me~

Dude, get Emolga, it'll save your life. for many, many gym battles. Nuzzle+ Aerobatics is a killer. 100%

Diggersby/bunnelby get Earthquake via level up i think.

I'd suggest swapping Diggersby for Mamoswine when you can access Swinub.

I'd suggest swapping Diggersby for Mamoswine when you can access Swinub.

I wouldn't. Diggersby has higher Atk after factoring in Huge Power (at L100 with optimal stats it's 464 vs. 394; obviously the difference varies with EVs/IVs/level) and Mamoswine doesn't even get good physical Ice STAB without breeding. Diggersby is also in a faster EXP group, gets Swords Dance by level up, and later on when the Toxic Orb becomes available, you can manipulate 140 BP Facade and 150 or 200 BP Flail.

Mamoswine is only better defensively and just barely faster.

Edited by dondon151

I wouldn't. Diggersby has higher Atk after factoring in Huge Power (at L100 with optimal stats it's 464 vs. 394; obviously the difference varies with EVs/IVs/level) and Mamoswine doesn't even get good physical Ice STAB without breeding. Diggersby is also in a faster EXP group, gets Swords Dance by level up, and later on when the Toxic Orb becomes available, you can manipulate 140 BP Facade and 150 or 200 BP Flail.

Mamoswine is only better defensively and just barely faster.

Yeah, that's what im going for. but it does learn earthquake a lot earlier, which can seriously help

But idk, i just like Mamoswines, they're pretty solid.

Also, Reborn is about using pokemons you wouldn't normally use.... and i used diggersby in run 1 and it was awful... but that is just me

It does, but Diggersby gets Dig at L37, and Piloswine can't evolve into Mamoswine until after the first Sirius battle now.

Actually you can get a Heart Scale were the 2nd gym is (on the park, there is a HS on a rock). So, you can evolve Swinub has soon has you get it to Mamoswine....