Need Help for Shelly, mono steel run.

dragon-in-night

I'm doing a mono steel run and this little girl is a really nightmare.

Here is my team, if you have any suggest or know any steel pokemon catchable at this time, please tell.

095.giflv 35

Stealth Rock

Dragon Breath

Rock Slide

Srceech

413-trash.giflv 35

Psybeam

Mirror Shot

Bug Bite

Metal Sound

394.giflv 35

Metal Claw

Peck

Brine

Bide

205.gifLv 34

Autotomize

Mirror Shot

Payback

Bug Bite

There are Klinks in the Railnet, but there are no other Steel types available that you don't have yet aside from that.

I suggest getting Stealth Rock up as soon as possible in the battle, using Rock Slide from Onix while healing him when needed.

i'd evolve penguin and then common candy it back to 35, the extra resist will be invaluable.

you look like you have ~nothing for yanmega, since your onix gets giga drained. i agree with the above poster, you need a klink to deal with it. onix should be good for most of the team (scyther especially).

good luck vs cal and charlotte. i recommend fighting cal in the rain.

Magneton/Magnezone will be terrific for taking out Yanmega. I highly recommend getting one of those. Magnemite is in the power plant, and as far as memory serves you can evolve Magneton into Magnezone by levelling it up in the power plant. It can help with Scyther too if Onix has been taken out before then.

I agree about the Empoleon post too. Evolve it then common candy it. The resist can make bide pretty effective, and having the STAB + attack boosts on Metal Claw will actually make it somewhat useful for the fight. As a Prinplup it's just begging to be taken out.

Unless Onix and Empoleon break the level limit mid-battle, I'd avoid using Wormadam and Forretress. Looking at their movesets, there's not really much they can do. Metal Sound + Psybeam/Mirror Shot would be effective from Wormadam but I don't remember it being all too bulky, and some of Shelly's Pokémon are pretty hard hitters.

As for Forretress... He's just not gonna do any damage without Gyro Ball. I'd say the most he'll be needed for is walling hits in case you need to heal a 'mon or use a revive. But I dunno, I could be wrong about that.

Edited by ShadowPulse

There are Klinks in the Railnet, but there are no other Steel types available that you don't have yet aside from that.

I suggest getting Stealth Rock up as soon as possible in the battle, using Rock Slide from Onix while healing him when needed.

I´m pretty sure Klink is only avaible in the deeper parts of the Railnet behind breakable rock. This means he only has acces to Klink after beating Shelly.

Magneton/Magnezone will be terrific for taking out Yanmega. I highly recommend getting one of those. Magnemite is in the power plant, and as far as memory serves you can evolve Magneton into Magnezone by levelling it up in the power plant. It can help with Scyther too if Onix has been taken out before then.

I agree about the Empoleon post too. Evolve it then common candy it. The resist can make bide pretty effective, and having the STAB + attack boosts on Metal Claw will actually make it somewhat useful for the fight. As a Prinplup it's just begging to be taken out.

Unless Onix and Empoleon break the level limit mid-battle, I'd avoid using Wormadam and Forretress. Looking at their movesets, there's not really much they can do. Metal Sound + Psybeam/Mirror Shot would be effective from Wormadam but I don't remember it being all too bulky, and some of Shelly's Pokémon are pretty hard hitters.

As for Forretress... He's just not gonna do any damage without Gyro Ball. I'd say the most he'll be needed for is walling hits in case you need to heal a 'mon or use a revive. But I dunno, I could be wrong about that.

If my memories serve right, the Power Plant is only avaible if you have to go to Shade. Otherwise it´s closed. Also he need to beat atleast Noel to get an Item which let him go to a deeper part of the power plant where he can evolve Magneton. Also I her Team is Masquerain, Illumise, Anorith, Volbeat, Yanmega and Wormadam.

Evolving Prinplup is a must as well as setting up Stealth Rocks with Onix. If Shelly´s Ilumise uses Rain Dance you have a good chance of doing heavy damage against her Yanmega (If you manage to set up Stealth Rocks) and Anorith (Which has swift swim) with Brine and will probably do heavy damage to her other Pokemon as well. Also I would concentrate on healing Empoleon with one of your other Pokemon as it has the highest chance of survival and Onix is probably the first one to die in the battle.

I completely forgot there was a deeper part of the Power Plant, I never knew how to get there. I guess that explains why I could never evolve my Magneton.

I was pretty sure you could still get Magnemite before fighting Shelly anyway, but I could be wrong.

One thing is for sure, whether you can get Magnemite and Klink or not, you'll DEFINITELY need to evolve Prinplup and lay Stealth Rock on the first turn if you want to win.

Laying stealth rock is pretty tricky because her two lead pokemons have energy ball and bubble beam , the Yanmega also has giga drain, Shelly's forest field makes it worse. I still can lay stealth rock but this also mean sacrifice Onix in next turn.

I catched a Klink in Railnet under the emty housre near pokemon center in Obsidia Ward. The power plant is closed so I can't get Magnemite. I Will train the Klink and evolve Prinplup, hope this is enough to beat her.

Thank you all. :wub:

p/s: I'm a chick.

EDIT: I win. I sacrificed Onix for set up stealth rock, Shelly keep using attacks have low stats effect so Empoleon, with his ability defiant, got huge attack buff, he easy sweeps all her team.

Her team no longer had Scyther. Now she has Masquerain, Volbeat, Illumise, Anorith, Yanmega and Wormadam (trash form)

10801983_850138715008400_110894869928589

Edited by dragon-in-night

Ughh I remember getting thrashed hard by Shelly on my own monorun gl with your steel mono ^_^

Take me two try, possible because her team changes.

I stuck with Fern now. His roserade have giga drain and fire hidden power , it deals super effective to all my pokemon except Empoleon :wacko: even he is not tanky enough (or hit hard enough) to beat it. I can Rock Smash now but a nosepass probably won't help much. I will try a few more times before catch a bird to deal with it.

Take me two try, possible because her team changes.

I stuck with Fern now. His roserade have giga drain and fire hidden power , it deals super effective to all my pokemon except Empoleon :wacko: even he is not tanky enough (or hit hard enough) to beat it. I can Rock Smash now but a nosepass probably won't help much. I will try a few more times before catch a bird to deal with it.

took me at least 30, I lost track after a while

As for roserade you might want to consider Kink, its only a steel type so it resists giga drain though it vs fire it should be a ble to survive one since roserade doesn't have STAB and its low base base power. Though it is pretty much V.5 of magnemite and your near the point of getting one, speaking of magnemite they occasionally carry around metals coats. You can get a compoundeyes pokemon, faint it and lead with it to buff the chances to get one from 5 percent to 20. Also you can have a frisk pokemon (Shuppet) after that to know which ones are holding an item. gl vs Samsom :/