This is a lot harder....

ej190

than I thought it would be.... Hi there everyone! New here. Always been a pokefan and came across Reborn on a random zeta/omicron forum. I love this game; it literally was one of those "where have you been all my life" moments when i started to play this!

Ive lurked for a while and finally decided to join and i hope to be here for a long time.

p.s How many people struggle against Shelly and Aya? I got rekt the 1st and subsiquent 11 times. And then i heard that ayas gettin her own field effect how am i gonna battle her again in my 2nd playthrough(hysterical sobbing).

Yes, this game has made it's name on being harder, darker, and deeper than your typical Game Freak Pokemon game. Being a lurker here is all too common. I can't say regarding Shelly and Aya since they've both had overhauls since I last battled them, but keep at it, you'll get through it eventually.

If you have any questions you can ask the Moderators or myself. But most importantly please read the rules. I'd also recommend checking out as many of the pinned threads as you can because they usually have very useful information you can use. Like the forum FAQ for one.

Get yourself an avatar and stick around a while. :)

Welcome to reborn! Yeah this game is no joke. The ai is nothing to underestimate and budgeting is very important. Plus, there is no "dream team" here. You're gonna rotate some pkmn around a bit. Other than that, have fun and good luck.

Welcome to hell Reborn!

I have one question for you:

how can you have problems with the gym battles when you are, in fact, a powerful staraptor?

Well Staraptor is not an universal problem solver in Reborn, and this comes from a guy who did try to use it that way...

Also @OP welcome to Reborn! Despite Ame's passion or trolling players over and over, you'll soon realize Reborn isn't actually that difficult: it's just that it requires a complete change of mentality: if you thought you could beat this the way you always beat GameFreak games, you are in for another story, but with the right mindset, a bit of strategy and a lot of patience, you can make it through it without particular problems...

People say Aya is hard, Gothitelle laughs in their face.

If there's one gym leader that I found super annoying it was Noel.

I love having a normal type pokemon on my team (one of my favorite types), but i hate it when the opponent has one let alone six.

Just can't knock them out.

Then Hariyama laughed in his face.

But anyways! Welcome to reborn!

@OP Hello and welcome to Reborn! I too am having RAGE INDUCING trouble with shelly. My suggestion if you haven't already beaten her is go get growlithe and ponyta, 2 fairly easy to get fire types that you can get right now. Then train them up because shelly is gonna own them at their starting levels.

LOL It just popped into my head when you said that, Hihi welcome to Reborn!! Pretty much everyone struggles with every gym leader, so you aren't alone. It only gets more difficult from here. I'll cya 'round~

Believe it or not, the only gymleaders i've lost against more than 3/4 times are florina, shelly and aya. Every other gymleader is doable or a cakewalk.(especially singles)

You know Ame can always enter a battle system similar to the one PvP has. This means, no free switches when the leader sends out the next pokemon and no item use. Don't bring the word "cakewalk" too much into the forums, or bad things will happen.

You know Ame can always enter a battle system similar to the one PvP has. This means, no free switches when the leader sends out the next pokemon and no item use.

So basically how I've played reborn since day 1? Trust me, if you're good at pokemon it's not that hard.