[Spoilers: Episode 14] Logical connections

AuthorReborn

So it actually makes a ton of sense that Terra was the betraying leader when you think about it.

She pretty much has a constant Uproar effect that keeps her awake, so she could have easily bounced around and found the PULSE (Jigglypuff and Hypno I think are the most likely suggestions, since there's no mist which would suggest Munna), then smashed the pulse with her hammer and her Garchomp. But of course, since she turned out to be a Meteor, she had no reason to do that. She also probably could have made a hole for us through some of the mountain so we wouldn't need Dive.

But no, just had to be an anarchist. Tsk tsk, and we had such high hopes for you, Terra.

Side note: Anyone seen the Ringleader around lately? I haven't seem them anywhere, so I'm starting to suspect that Terra has done away with him... although I'm still on Terra's fight because I'm drawing it out to have a royally fun time, so I am still in the dark about the events that transpire after her defeat. I'll edit this once I've taken her down.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terra's want for anarchy doesn't surprise me much, but I didn't expect her to be part of meteor.

Unless she has some secret goals of her own or backstory....but probably not.

Or she might. I don't understand her too much outside of the lack of physics craze.

Hm, I almost wanna replay the game to keep track of where everyone is or should be...or were going, cause that point is interesting. Though I cannot remember where the ringleader has went off to.

Edited by Myst

Exactly, it's not like they can really go anywhere. Perhaps the Ringleader is just standing at the top of the Ferris Wheel, crying to themselves (I don't remember which gender the Ringleader is at this point, it's been a few episodes) about the lack of customers.

Plans are overrated. I kinda thought it might be Terra for to reasons. 1) A lot of people thought it'd be someone else and it's never that easy. And 2) You don't have character like Terra and leave them out of the limelight.

I do think she has a backstory. Who else is runs into a computer, makes you fight mewtwo then escaping into a door you cant go through. It's the ultimate "I don't wanna talk about it"

But I have my own ideas on the ringleader. Though with no evidence I'm just trying to fill space in the cast.

Well there's the ringleaders father who is made to be suspicious. If you speak to the clown that gives you the circuses history it's heavily implied that he knew/had something to do with the use of shards to make the drug 'Rare Candy.' So to start this circus is built on drug money.

Next is a circumstantial. Did the current ringleader hire Terra or her father? Assuming in was the late ringleader, they may have known what was up. If it was the current leader chances she may know something too. After all trapping everyone in your circus sounds like a good way to keep your dying business out of the red, right?

Also why does a normal circus need such a complex computer system anyway. It seems to me there's something funny going on around here and it's more than just the clowns. (I had to make a bad joke... It had to be done.)

Hm, the computers everywhere just seemed like Terra doing, like she wanted computers, and you cant deny Terra.

But thats also a possibility. Probably more so. I can see the past ringleader being someone with a more dark history or ties. How recent is the current ringleader? I mean their position. Its recent correct? Perhaps shes in the innocent, but her father is another story like you mentioned.

She could be innocent but, who knows. After all Team Meteor's been going around saying they can bring people back to life. Maybe she'd go for it. Or if she has been told or put together that someone you look up to, especially family member, was a drug king pin that could easily distort your views on right or wrong. It'd be nice if she was innocent but at the same time it'd be interesting if she wasn't.

Also just throwing it out there to support the ringleader history, according to the concept map (link: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/rebornmap.png) there is an area behind the Ferris wheel that we don't have access to yet that contains the buildings "Glass Workshop" and "Suspicious House." So if something fishy is going on it would be happening back there, and would also explain why the Ferris wheel is closed during the "crisis".

Terra was a shy nerdy computer girl who was a recluses and then one day she randomly left her house and joined the circus as the energetic girl you see

You find this out from watching the TV not much but just something to go off of

Edited by Rielly987

Also just throwing it out there to support the ringleader history, according to the concept map (link: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/rebornmap.png) there is an area behind the Ferris wheel that we don't have access to yet that contains the buildings "Glass Workshop" and "Suspicious House." So if something fishy is going on it would be happening back there, and would also explain why the Ferris wheel is closed during the "crisis".

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Definitely is quite suspicious. :P

Terra being a part of Team Meteor makes a lot of sense in hindsight, and I was legitimately taken aback when I found that out. Definitely looking forward to what comes next!

Terrs being a Meteor member makes sense (I was bored, anarchy, etc), but one thing that still doesn't add up: why did she even bother to get us out of Agate City? We were falling asleep, and would have been out of Meteor's way for future plans; and if she's really a part of Meteor, she would definitely know of us, but she still got us out of the city and into the circus. Unless Meteor (or Terra herself) has some plan that involves us in particular, it doesn't really make sense for her to rescue us

Edited by mashonem

This is the evil power Amethyst wields. Nobody expected that Terra would be part of Meteor.

If you want to predict, don't

Ame will bring out the unpredictable.

If she had a budget+a team she would make one hell of an anime...

• Administrators

Terrs being a Meteor member makes sense (I was bored, anarchy, etc), but one thing that still doesn't add up: why did she even bother to get us out of Agate City? We were falling asleep, and would have been out of Meteor's way for future plans; and if she's really a part of Meteor, she would definitely know of us, but she still got us out of the city and into the circus. Unless Meteor (or Terra herself) has some plan that involves us in particular, it doesn't really make sense for her to rescue us

Incidentally, what almost happened to Cain when Terra first appeared?

Incidentally, what almost happened to Cain when Terra first appeared?

You mean when she was all like "Diamond Dynamo!"? And she...

almost smashes Cain...

with her big-ass hammer...

large.gif

bruh

That scene wasn't just for comedic effect/sex joke fodder, was it?

But wait, couldn't she have waited for us to fall asleep before smashing us though? Wouldn't that make more sen-

lol terra doing something that makes sense

And was she even trying to smash both of us, or just Cain? And why would she go for Cain first and not the PC? Because he was closer?

Aww hell, now I have a lot more questions and 0 actual answers :(

Edited by mashonem

I guess she went for Cain first, becuase Cain was the first to enter Agate City.

She was like:

"OMFG! INTRUDER ALERT!!!! COMENCING SMASHING, RAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRR!!!" - Incoming Player - "DIAMOND DYNAMO!!!!"

Then, when she missed and noticed the player:

"DAMN! C'MON M3G4 T3RR4WR think fast! Act like you didn't want to smash him!"

And she lured us to Ametrine to buy time and maybe for a backup plan to get hold of the Ruby Ring (the whole Heather/Blake thing).

When does Lin join team meteor? I like the idea that she wants us alive but I feel like it's coincidence. Even when we were in team meteor's base in tanzine mountain I feel like her letting us go was just on a whim. After all Sirius did try to cut our head off while we were with Amaria. And they could (and have threatened to) take the ring of our body. They just always... miss.

Or it's safer to say I've got nothing because Terra derails my train of thought.

Oh boy, especulation threads! These are my favorite!

Alright, let's do this.

PS: If Ame reads this and I happened to get anything here right, would you mind telling me that in a private message? Just so I know I can think like a mad genius.

In Terra's "World", there's a diary that mentions how she met Baby Arceus. We knew Terra to be shy before she suddenly joined the circus with her "zany" personality, but thing is, we've had overenergetic characters in Reborn before, and many characters have done things for comedic effect, yet none have done the impossible. Only three characters have done so. Radomus has broken the Fourth Wall and many times has proven to know way more than he should. El has summoned the power of Arceus right in front of us (And those of us with Gengar and Destiny Bond giggled) and Terra has broken the laws of physics. All three of these characters have shown to have had some connection with Arceus, Radomus in particular through his connection to El and his surprising amount of knowledge on his cult, which to me implies he was at some time a member of.

Basically, I don't think anything Terra does is random. Think of the chaos theory; There's order in chaos. There's order to the chaos of how Terra acts. Every single one of her actions have moved us, the players, towards a very specific goal.

It's clear to me Baby Arceus has given her - Much like it gave Ditto when El beckoned him - some of it's power, giving her the ability to manipulate Gravity and do other seemingly impossible things. In fact, if anything, I think Terra has her own agenda, and wants to gather the four gems herself. She probably believes it's easier to get them from us than from Team Meteor, which is why she manipulated our every move so we'd go up against them in Agate - Making us chase Hardy, get Surf - Probably the only think she didn't count on was Amaria attempting suicide, though someone who knew about the players nature to, to quote TItania "sitck it's nose in everyone's business" could assume something to that effect. Terra might be random, or she might, much like Radomus, have a much greater understanding of the human psyche than you'd first assume.

I think that's the whole deal - She shows to be completely rational at some points, and utterly insane at others. She reminds me of the Joker, who is said to have not insanity, but rather super-sanity - He's achieved a higher level of understanding of the world, and realized it's all a big joke.

Think about it. It was by her hand we were spared in Agate. Why did she try to smash Cain and not the PC? Because Cain didn't matter. Like he said it himself, we surpassed him long ago. He stands no chance against El or Team Meteor, or Radomus. Only you, the PC, has proven capable of standing up to these people, and gathering all the gemstones.

Which brings us to Terra's objective.

Setting Arceus free.

I imagine the others want Arceus for different reasons. Team Meteor wants it to rule the world, El wants it to wipe the slate clean. Baby Arceus has shown, however, to want none of that. It only wants to play. And Terra, as his avatar, does just that. Everything to her appears to be a game. Everything she says or does is playful and seemingly inane, disconnected.

Yet she's been the driving force for us ever since we get to Agate.

Shelly asks. Why would the pulse - I forget the name of the pokemon, the one that creates the ice wall - would be right there, and not anywhere else? It's so we could get past him with Dive. Which we could only get from the Agate Circus, meaning Terra made sure that even if we never went to Agate, we'd have to meet her at some point (I.E., if there was a way to skip the city, we'd have to go to the circus for the HM, and we'd meet her then). And then she leads us to Amarantine when she knows we will meet Blake and discover that she was part of Team Meteor. Why would she do that? Yet again, to bring us back to the circus. To guarantee we'd get her badge so we could proceed with waterfall (again, assuming she didn't predict Amaria attempting suicide). Think. She made us fight mewtwo. If she wanted to, her team could've been composed solely of legendaries. She could've defeated and killed us right then and there, yet she lets herself be beaten and gives us our badge.

Terra is part of Team Meteor, but she wants us to continue. She's not interested in stopping us, but rather guiding us forward.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Radomus. I think he was originally part of El's cult but withdrew when he realized what El wants to do. I believe he's the neutral party here, who wants to gather the gemstones to keep Arceus from getting released since one way or another it ends badly for us.

EDIT: I forgot to add Radomus' objective.

Alright, let's do this.

PS: If Ame reads this and I happened to get anything here right, would you mind telling me that in a private message? Just so I know I can think like a mad genius.

In Terra's "World", there's a diary that mentions how she met Baby Arceus. We knew Terra to be shy before she suddenly joined the circus with her "zany" personality, but thing is, we've had overenergetic characters in Reborn before, and many characters have done things for comedic effect, yet none have done the impossible. Only three characters have done so. Radomus has broken the Fourth Wall and many times has proven to know way more than he should. El has summoned the power of Arceus right in front of us (And those of us with Gengar and Destiny Bond giggled) and Terra has broken the laws of physics. All three of these characters have shown to have had some connection with Arceus, Radomus in particular through his connection to El and his surprising amount of knowledge on his cult, which to me implies he was at some time a member of.

Basically, I don't think anything Terra does is random. Think of the chaos theory; There's order in chaos. There's order to the chaos of how Terra acts. Every single one of her actions have moved us, the players, towards a very specific goal.

It's clear to me Baby Arceus has given her - Much like it gave Ditto when El beckoned him - some of it's power, giving her the ability to manipulate Gravity and do other seemingly impossible things. In fact, if anything, I think Terra has her own agenda, and wants to gather the four gems herself. She probably believes it's easier to get them from us than from Team Meteor, which is why she manipulated our every move so we'd go up against them in Agate - Making us chase Hardy, get Surf - Probably the only think she didn't count on was Amaria attempting suicide, though someone who knew about the players nature to, to quote TItania "sitck it's nose in everyone's business" could assume something to that effect. Terra might be random, or she might, much like Radomus, have a much greater understanding of the human psyche than you'd first assume.

I think that's the whole deal - She shows to be completely rational at some points, and utterly insane at others. She reminds me of the Joker, who is said to have not insanity, but rather super-sanity - He's achieved a higher level of understanding of the world, and realized it's all a big joke.

Think about it. It was by her hand we were spared in Agate. Why did she try to smash Cain and not the PC? Because Cain didn't matter. Like he said it himself, we surpassed him long ago. He stands no chance against El or Team Meteor, or Radomus. Only you, the PC, has proven capable of standing up to these people, and gathering all the gemstones.

Setting Arceus free.

I imagine the others want Arceus for different reasons. Team Meteor wants it to rule the world, El wants it to wipe the slate clean. Baby Arceus has shown, however, to want none of that. It only wants to play. And Terra, as his avatar, does just that. Everything to her appears to be a game. Everything she says or does is playful and seemingly inane, disconnected.

Shelly asks. Why would the pulse - I forget the name of the pokemon, the one that creates the ice wall - would be right there, and not anywhere else? It's so we could get past him with Dive. Which we could only get from the Agate Circus, meaning Terra made sure that even if we never went to Agate, we'd have to meet her at some point (I.E., if there was a way to skip the city, we'd have to go to the circus for the HM, and we'd meet her then). And then she leads us to Amarantine when she knows we will meet Blake and discover that she was part of Team Meteor. Why would she do that? Yet again, to bring us back to the circus. To guarantee we'd get her badge so we could proceed with waterfall (again, assuming she didn't predict Amaria attempting suicide). Think. She made us fight mewtwo. If she wanted to, her team could've been composed solely of legendaries. She could've defeated and killed us right then and there, yet she lets herself be beaten and gives us our badge.

Terra is part of Team Meteor, but she wants us to continue. She's not interested in stopping us, but rather guiding us forward.

I....actually enjoyed reading your theory...Even though I dont believe it will play out EXACTLY like this, I do think you make some interesting points...

Alright, let's do this.

Setting Arceus free.

Anything else you wanna speculate about? I'd love to read it

I did have a theory about how Team Magma/Aqua are trying to get people to 7th street to get them addicted to rare candy (Like, why would such a secretive place be filled with drug addicts?) but yeah, who knows? I keep some of the most fun theories to myself.

Ame is actually Fern in disguise and Florina is a robot bent on world domination