Protagonist Popularity Contest!

Amethyst

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which protagonist is your favorite?

• Vero
    • Alice
    • Kuro
    • Lucia
    • Ari
    • Decibel

Decibel is difficult to get if that makes any sense. I have to zoom in to understand what I'm looking at for Decibel. It took me awhile to understand that Decibel's hair was pushed to the side.

I'm leaning towards favoring Alice and the rest.

Vero and Decibel. They're designs just appeal to me the most. I like all of the protagonists designs, I just like their's more... also kinda tempted to switch my avatar to Decibel instead of Vero in my main save just because xe looks so cool.

I picked Alice, though I was very close to picking Lucia instead. Honestly, I like all of them. I agree with a lot of the others that Vero looks pretty badass, so I close him in the alternate file of my game (plus I wanted to see the different dialogue of the opposite gender characters out of curiousity).

I think Ari also looks badass, but there's something about her design that's a bit...off.

Edited by Dei

Camp Alice and Ari here. Though I'm surprised that xe has one of the lowest amount of votes though. And honestly people, I thought that we'd already finally learned how to correctly gender Adrienn, Ari, and Decibel. *sadface*

Edited by Sarun

Oh man. No love for Ari hardly.

I had to give Ari, Kuro, and Lucia some a boost myself. Planning on using the former from 14 on.

Looks like Vero's going to be the secret bonus boss in the night club

Edited by Hashill

I should note Dei, that Ari is a Non-Binary, and isn't a female. Maybe that is why it seems off to you. I dunno otherwise lol.

No, I meant the sprite's design, but I do note the gender mistake that I made. It's difficult not to think of them in terms of binary genders when they're split up into those categories (Ari for female characters and Decibel for male).

No, I meant the sprite's design, but I do note the gender mistake that I made. It's difficult not to think of them in terms of binary genders when they're split up into those categories (Ari for female characters and Decibel for male).

They're ... not split up into those categories so I'm confused by this statement.

The distinction between the two is skin tone more than anything.

They're ... not split up into those categories so I'm confused by this statement.

The distinction between the two is skin tone more than anything.

It's actually the small things that make both of them seem androgynous, really. Decibel has a more male-ish look until you actually notice that xyr long hair is pushed to the side, then xe starts to look more androgynous. Meanwhile Ari's hair makes xe look girly until you take a look at xyr body, which has a very neutral look.

I can accept your comments about Ari, but Decibel's always looked more femme to me. Regardless, that doesn't change that there are no 'categories' for these two - they weren't added to be a masculine gender neutral protagonist and a femenine gender neutral protagonist, they were included with the intent that one was light skinned and another was darker skinned, to go along with the previous two pairs of protagonists being a light skinned set and a darker skinned set.

I can accept your comments about Ari, but Decibel's always looked more femme to me. Regardless, that doesn't change that there are no 'categories' for these two - they weren't added to be a masculine gender neutral protagonist and a femenine gender neutral protagonist, they were included with the intent that one was light skinned and another was darker skinned, to go along with the previous two pairs of protagonists being a light skinned set and a darker skinned set.

That's somewhat what I meant. Neither protagonist has a strong slant to either appearance, though Decibel's clothing can give xyr appearance a more masculine or feminine look depending on how you look at xem. But yeah, Ari is meant to be a parallel to Kuro and Lucia while Decibel is meant to be a parallel to Vero and Alice.

I've always been a fan of Vero. He seems like the dark anti-hero type, and my initial reaction to his character design was, "Yeah, he looks like the kind of guy who's grown accustomed to the messed-up world of Reborn."

On a side note, I really like Alice and Lucia too, because hubba hubba. ;D

I've always been a fan of Vero. He seems like the dark anti-hero type, and my initial reaction to his character design was, "Yeah, he looks like the kind of guy who's grown accustomed to the messed-up world of Reborn."

On a side note, I really like Alice and Lucia too, because hubba hubba. ;D

Vero and Alice really have the Reborn vibe going on, with their dark-ish clothes and such. Funny thing is that according to the game's prologue they aren't natives to the region per-se, they just came in dressed appropriately.