[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

• Administrators

The update I'm referring to was from IPB 2.x to the current 3.x, which has since been out for years. The situation might change when 4.x is released, but that won't be soon.

I've been loyal to IPB for upwards of a decade, but I've gotta say I'm not terribly impressed with their recent performance in the market, especially compared to stuff like vBulliten which appears to remain strong.

That said, switching over would be... a literal nightmare, particularly converting the database, which would either be extraordinarily difficult, or outright impossible.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited OP because there's too many people who have two trainer cards in their signatures.

This is probably people who added a Trainer Card manually to their signature without realizing it gets automagically stuck there. (Which I'd prefer it doesn't, especially considering League isn't around anymore).

This is probably people who added a Trainer Card manually to their signature without realizing it gets automagically stuck there. (Which I'd prefer it doesn't, especially considering League isn't around anymore).

That's what I refer to. People aren't aware that trainer cards are automagically added to their signatures.

Cleaned up the OP and added a spoiler tag for previous suggestions.

As staff, my message limit is apparently only 50 and even after deleting some stuff, I am still at max capacity (Ace/global mod is 200 messages, isn't it?).

And I was able to get pm's to and from people before I even noticed this.

halp?

So, fixing the birthday's tab currently isn't possible, but I'll edit the OP to include it in case miracles do come true.

Edit: Found a thing. Added to the OP.

Edited by Arkhidon

On Reborn Showdown. Whenever you enter a battle, whether you are battling or just spectating, there is no notification that you have entered or left. I really think it should b dealt with, as in special tourneys like Theme Tours, where spectators are only allowed in the final round. It's really annoying D: started when we updated.

So, member signatures can be disabled, but they can still be irritating, especially when they exceed, as Ame said in some rules somewhere (I can't find them right now), two trainer card's length. Is this enforced?

Edited the title to include discussion concerning the site.

So, member signatures can be disabled, but they can still be irritating, especially when they exceed, as Ame said in some rules somewhere (I can't find them right now), two trainer card's length. Is this enforced?

Edited the title to include discussion concerning the site.

I've seen, -A- warning for it. But I don't know how strictly that's followed. I haven't had sigs on for over a year.

There would need to be a notice (Mews & Announcements?) for members to not only edit their profiles if their signatures are too long, but also to report others who haven't. Or the rules could be edited further. Still, people would need to be informed somehow.

• Administrators

It's as simple as adding a [scroll] tag, so why not? Should we just make it a verbal warning (i.e. 0 points)?

it has been for a while already....

Well if we're asking users to report this sort of thing, I'd recommend advising them to click the infractor's Profile and report it from there.

you can warn from profiles? o-o

you can warn from profiles? o-o

Bottom right, outside of the lighter shade of gray. It's hidden, so it's tricky to see.

A little like this? :P

That's exactly what I referred to. I couldn't find that for whatever reason yesterday.