Fern Bingo (EP 13 Spoilers)

Sarun

So as we know, we all hate Fern with a passion. He makes Blue look humble and makes Silver's personality seem nice. Ame succeeded in making a rival that we truly hate, not just one who makes us roll our eyes and shake our heads. So here's something that I decided to craft in his (dis)honor:

The Grasshole Bingo.

Kxcvhup.png

Here's how it goes. We all know that Fern is, well, a grade-A irredeemable jerkass that does not seem to have any limit on how low he'll go. So get a card, and once the next episodes go out, mark down if you see Fern exhibiting and manifesting his typical asshole behavior in any of the above methods. Let's see if anyone can get a bingo, or at least get close to one. This is something that I made for kicks and giggles out of boredom, so let's chill and see how artistic American Ame's alarmingly abhorred and absurdly annoying asshole and antagonist's adventure about attaining an amplified and ascended amount of aggressive abhorrence and appropriately adamant abuse appears aligning along Ame's allegedly and ardently admirable artwork. Agreed, awesomely awkward and adorable amigos, amigas, and alliteration adorers?

Past events count too? Because he already did several of those

I've made this in mind with EP14 and beyond, so preferably not.

"Assaults child", just a friendly reminder that we at Reborn don't condone child abuse.

This was aimed at in case Fern attacks one of the younger protagonists like the Twins or Heather, or just plains hurts them. Considering what happened at the orphanage, I've don't think this is too far-fetched to happen in-game.

Edited by Sarun

"......see how artistic American Ame's alarmingly abhorred and absurdly annoying asshole and antagonist's adventure about attaining an amplified and ascended amount of aggressive abhorrence and appropriately adamant abuse appears aligning along Ame's allegedly and ardently admirable artwork. Agreed, awesomely awkward and adorable amigos, amigas, and alliteration adorers?"

Y'know I was gonna ignore this post because the first sentence had "we hate Fern" it it, but now you have my attention.

I hate Fern with a passion. I agree with Sarun. Ame made a rival we truly will hate. Fern is something that Gamefreak won't do with jerk rivals on their games. Fern even joined Team Meteor! I know this because when I messed up my game, and triggered some cutscenes I wasn't suppose to trigger yet and Fern was at the other side of the wall glass thing, and joined Team Meteor because he only joins the winning side and Team Meteor is apparently the 'winners' side. I even hate him even more now! Another reason to hate him.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

I hate Fern with a passion. I agree with Sarun. Ame made a rival we truly will hate. Fern is something that Gamefreak won't do with jerk rivals on their games. Fern even joined Team Meteor! I know this because when I messed up my game, and triggered some cutscenes I wasn't suppose to trigger yet and Fern was at the other side of the wall glass thing, and joined Team Meteor because he only joins the winning side and Team Meteor is apparently the 'winners' side. I even hate him even more now! Another reason to hate him.

Pretty much my main point on why Fern is such an excellently written antagonist, as Ame makes us disgusted of his actions as a rival. GF just makes the average rival a little arrogant with a dash of ego as in not to raise much controversy. But Ame went all out when she wrote game!Fern's dialogue and his role in the story. Hell, the way Fern presents himself throughout the game is pretty surprising too, I mean. In the first episodes you'll probably think of him as just the run-off the mill overly cocky rival. Then you get to the part with the Nuzleaf cage and you start to hate him more than Blue or Silver. Then the Beryl Bridge scene happens and he goes from complete jerk to insensitive monster. Then the EP 13 events happen and he goes from jerk-ass rival to an actual threat. It's pretty much things like this that make Reborn's story what it is.

I'll just say it...

I couldn't help laughing when I found out Amaria and Titania's whole "tragic" situation. The concept of "I'm not gay but I'm pretending to be gay so some other person doesn't kill herself" honestly is just ridiculous and hilarious. It would be even funnier if Titania actually had feelings for another guy.

• Administrators

I couldn't help laughing when I found out Amaria and Titania's whole "tragic" situation. The concept of "I'm not gay but I'm pretending to be gay so some other person doesn't kill herself" honestly is just ridiculous and hilarious.

and yet, true story. it's less funny to live it.

The concept of "I'm not gay but I'm pretending to be gay so some other person doesn't kill herself" honestly is just ridiculous and hilarious.

You know that it can happen right? Actually it happens (i know of one "case" myself) and (like Ame said) it's not so funny for the people involved

I'm not sure if it was him making you beg before he lets you out of the cage, his apathy towards Corey's suicide, or him mocking how traumatized Shelly was during his battle towards her that made me first realize that Fern was a heartless monster lacking even the most basic levels of human empathy, but either way I have to admit he's probably one of the few video game characters that I actually genuinely hate. Kudos to Ame for making such a good hate sink.

My only complaint is that beating him never really feels satisfying. He just rationalizes away his loss every time, usually insulting you in the process. You never seem to really accomplish anything by beating him; he just continues to be a stuck-up sociopath. Deep down, I'm hoping for him to have a dramatic breakdown after his final defeat in which he realizes that you really are - and always have been - superior to him.

I'll just say it...

I couldn't help laughing when I found out Amaria and Titania's whole "tragic" situation. The concept of "I'm not gay but I'm pretending to be gay so some other person doesn't kill herself" honestly is just ridiculous and hilarious. It would be even funnier if Titania actually had feelings for another guy.

I think this is a careless comment. Hey, if you were in that person's perspective, I doubt you would find it funny. Laughing at others' misery is really disrespectful, just in case you didn't know.

This is the most annoying rival ever, no matter how stupid can be Gary nor Silver, even if you destroy his team always he will just say that he had weak pokemons and just go.

I think he will be really involved if Amaria dies.

The RL Amaria is still alive - so I don't think the IG Amaria will die (unless Shade is incorporated into this somehow and he brings her back to life or something)

I'll just say it...

As ridiculous as it sounds, stuff like this actually happens, good for Ame who did an excellent job capturing the power of the human spirit, and making a "human" character.

As ridiculous as it sounds, stuff like this actually happens, good for Ame who did an excellent job capturing the power of the human spirit, and making a "human" character.

Ame does indeed have a pretty good talent for writing. I have to say that from playing several Pokemon fan-games and ROM hacks that the only game that has a writing that can really come to the level of Reborn is Snakewood, which is more of a comedy where Reborn fits more into tragedy.

I have to agree with Jericho on this one. I played through about an hour or two of Snakewood and just couldn't take it anymore. The plot was all scrambled and way too cliché, and the quality of most of the sprites and stuff was pretty bad. e.e

I have to agree with Jericho on this one. I played through about an hour or two of Snakewood and just couldn't take it anymore. The plot was all scrambled and way too cliché, and the quality of most of the sprites and stuff was pretty bad. e.e

To be fair, Snakewood's story only gets weird and original after the first few hours of play-through. At the start it's pretty much a typical zombie apocalypse with a Pokémon flavor, then it starts to get interesting. But yeah, unfortunately the vast majority of fan-games and ROM hacks just either use ripped graphics, recolors, or simply downright horrid sprites. (no shading, poor color choice, bad proportions) As someone who's been making my own fan-game with essentials, it really saddens me that people don't really put much thought into making their game seem original.