Introducing.... Survivor: Reborn!

Kaito

Hello hello ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary individuals! I'm sure from your time at Reborn, you all know me as Kaito/Inumuta, the laid-back, steak-loving admin who's always willing to lend a hand...but what you may not know about me, is that I'm a huge reality show aficionado! Something about seeing people squirm and try to outplay one another just tickles my internal pleasure receptors~

Buuut, unfortunately my cable's been out a while and I've yet to find a site that doesn't lag me to death when I try to watch said reality shows. That's when I noticed something! Over the course of Reborn, we've had plenty of fun events for the users to partake in. League, Nations, and the newest addition, Pokemon Zero Alliance! Let's give a warm hand for everyone who made those events possible!

*crickets chirping*

No? Just me then? Fine, I'll get to the good part~

What all of these have in common is that the all involve the server rather heavily, but that leaves the forums here pretty starved when it comes to activites. RP'ing is fun, but what if I said I had something new for you all to play? That's right! Introducing, for the first time ever...

Survivor: Reborn!

Now, for those not familiar with the gameshow survivor, here's a little synopsis ripped from me telling someone about the game:

"... It baffles me how people have never heard of Survivor. xD But basically, it's pure mental. You're all given an anonymous account and taken to a seperate forum where you're divided into two or more tribes. Every week there'll be an Immunity Challenge where the tribes compete, where the loser ( or in events with 3+ Tribes, last place ), goes to tribal counsil where one person will be voted out by their fellow members and eliminated from the game. This continues until one person is crowned sole survivor, but there are twists such as tribal merges or Hidden Immunity idols along the way, so it's not that simple."

Lazy? Maybe! Time saving? You bet my sweet ass it is! But besides the point, I've cooked up a little survivor game for you all to play! Now, unlike the aforementioned League, Nations, and PZA, this is a closed event. Myself and a panel of non-reborn affiliated judges will be choosing the best of the best, so make sure to check out the application thread, coming soon to the Hall of Champions! Try your best to sell yourselves and get in, but if you don't, don't fret! If this turns out to be a success, there will be plenty more seasons to come!

But of course, what would a game be without a prize... I'm happy to announce that the winner will receive not only 3,500 Rupees, but a free shop item of your choice! And if I can get in contact with a few people, those may not be the only prizes. ;)

So there you have it! The application thread is here, I look forward to seeing you all perform!

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask here!

Simply because this isn't on PO, I love the concept. And with a roleplaying feel, this will be quite neat.

One question: for those unaffiliated in the event, will the results of the day be posted on the Reborn forums? Will the events be posted after a week? Or some other setup?

The criteria for entry is just fill out a form in the app thread and hope you're picked. Just like real survivor, of course. :P No interview, just app forms.

As for the deadline... It's actually going to be open for a while. If we have enough apps to pick from by November 9th, it closes then. Gives people a nice and full 2 weeks to prepare. Plus, with how popular both Grand Hall and Hall of Champs can be, it's easy for topics to get shoved down.

As for Ark's question, we actually debated setting up spectator accounts for people who wanted to watch, but currently the vote on that is 50-50. But since all players will be anonymous and there will be rules against revealing identity, the only point of keeping up to date is to view the bloodshed! Which I can respect~ But if the forum REALLY wants it, I can set up a thread here that chronicles the events of the game after every Immunity Challenge.

Ahh, so this is where the information for this event was, haha! Please disregard my questioning nature in the application thread then.

Anyways, this seems like it'll be a lot of fun! I can't wait to be a gullible lackey who'll eventually get backstabbed by those he trusted, haha.

I wouldn't really call survivor an RPG or RP. ^^;It's more akin to a game show.

But the challenges will not be suited towards competitive battling, this is a different type of competition than the standard fare here, where pokemon battling is not involved in the slighest at this time, nor are there any current plans to implement it.

Sure, Snap is all about photo albums (we still throw apples at them), but that's general in the pokemon franchise.

Your description on Survivor though reminds me of the challenges of the show. In some, two competitors would have to battle each other to gain immunity or decide who stays and who goes. I'm having trouble speculating the means by which the tribes will settle things otherwise.