Color Run! WOOO

iowayshay

So, no idea if anyone has thought of this, I'm sure someone has, but imma embark on a brand new Reborn file, and I am going to limit my Pokemon options to a single official Pokedex "color". I'm gonna keep track of my adventure on this topic! If you want to do it too, you should join me! Or not...i guess...it's fine...alone...in the cold dark world...without a sweater...

Anyway, I dunno how hard this is gonna be, considering options in Reborn are pretty limited as is, but I'M OPTIMISTIC! :D

There are 10 official pokedex colors, all with varying numbers of pokemon in them. To start I'm going with a color that has plenty of options because I don't want to lose my mind.

Official Pokemon Colors:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color

As an added rule to make the challenge more interesting, shinies will be rule breakers! Sort of. Since reborn shinies are much more available and lots of Reborn shinies are custom, this will actually add a lot of fun to the game I think.

As an example:

So, say you're doing a Purple Run, and your team is an absolute mess as far as typing and you desperately need a bug type. Shut up it could happen.

Well LUCKY YOU because it just so happens that SHINY ARIADOS IS PURPLE! HOORAY!

Now go catch a shiny one or you're screwed.

---

There's no easy access list of Reborn's custom shinies that would help in this kind of challenge, (or just general shinys that are different than the original mon) but I've slowly started compiling one that I will share with you! Feel free to help!

Also there are some shiny mons that I'm not 100% sure what color category they should fall into. Those are marked with "?" If you could share your opinion on what color category you think they should be in that would be amazing.

Reborn Relevant Shiny Starters:

(If these are wrong please let me know cause sometimes I'm a dumb bitch)

Venusaur = Purple

Charizard = Black

Typhlosion = Pink

Meganium = Yellow

Swampert = Purple

Infernape = Pink

Emboar = Blue

Delphox = Purple

Greninja = Black

Chesnaught = Blue

Other Relevant shinies Sorted by Color:

Brown:

Weezing?

Dustox

Lumineon

Yellow:

Mismagius?

Swoobat

Luxray

Mighteyna

Grumpig

Black:

Raichu/Pikachu

Arbok

Noivern

Golem/Graveler

Purple:

Ariados

Beautifly?

Bellosom/Vileplume

Ampharos

Honchkrow?

Grey:

Marowak?

Pidgeot

Meowstic?

Pink:

Skuntank

Victreebell

Butterfree

Blue:

Chesnaught

Garbodor

Beedrill

Red:

Venomoth

Delcatty

White:

Pyroar

Green:

Noctowl

Ursaring

Muk

Stoutland

List is obviously a wip. I'll add to it every once in awhile when I have time and/or feel like it. Once again, if I'm wrong, please let me know! I'm just trying to make it easier.

---

So, I started a new file with the intention of doing a Green run, but then as I was resetting to get a starter with a decent nature, this happened.

o_zps329466ac.png

As you can see, I even had color themed names picked out and everything.

God dammit. So cute tho.

BUT. His nature is good. So I took this as a sign.

My run through was destined to be Blue. I just didn't know it.

So...wish me luck...

Edited by iowayshay

That's actually a great idea! Although I'm not sure how you could work it into the story...can't be too hard.

Or there could just be like...a super name rater...who renames children...

(P.S. Those new protags are so beautiful D: Might have to use one.)

---

So. I was prepared to share with you the extreme difficulty I've had with finding my precious blue pokemon, but...well...

my third alley encounter:

fmerkgfmone_zps10b0f28e.png

THIRD. THIRD ENCOUNTER. Arceus is with me.

But of course she was hell to catch. A level 2 Trubbish put me through 12 pokeballs before she finally stayed put in a PREMIER ball. She wanted the pretty ball. Shes such a diva. I love her already.

wow_zps818b360d.png

This is a fantastic idea. I was thinking of doing some uncommon challenge in Reborn for some time and this is what I need!

I'm gonna start a white challenge. And when episode 14 come out, choose Decybel as a character.

This is great!

This is a fantastic idea. I was thinking of doing some uncommon challenge in Reborn for some time and this is what I need!

I'm gonna start a white challenge. And when episode 14 come out, choose Decybel as a character.

This is great!

Awesome! I'm glad you like it! You should totally post here while you do the challenge, cause I'd love to know how a white run goes. O.o

And good luck! I'll look for some white shinies for you, although im not sure there's a lot...

--

Well I'm havin a great time, got Julia's badge on the first try and am now derpin around tryin to figure out how to activate Whismur.

(BTW, you can use a pokemon of a different color as long as it will eventually evolve into a pokemon of the correct color.)

BLU TEEM:

thed_zps60c6aeef.png

8yg7uh_zpsbb704e30.png

f_zps550da804.png

hht_zps0d290cb7.png

ONWARD TO CONQUER THE CRADILY.

#BLUTEEMRULES

Edited by iowayshay

Concerning the name changing, I have good news. This guy said this:

Not sure if we want to supply something like this or not, but either way if you'd like a namechange to fit the new protag you're using, send me a PM with your save and I can take care of it for you.

So PM him your save file and he can change it to your choice of blue-themed name

So PM him your save file and he can change it to your choice of blue-themed name

Oh cool! Thanks! If I think of a new trainer name I just have to have I'll definitely hit him up.

A tip for anyone who does a blue run, apparently Whismur is only available BEFORE you beat Julia...

Found that out the hard way. :(

Anyway! I ended up having to catch a rattata as a cut slave, but i was able to released it and replaced it with an oddish soon after, who is a legally blue pokemon!

and after an hour and a half of hell in the arcade...

fte_zpsb1d0b39c.png

New member added to TEEM BLEU. YEEEEEE.

Not the best nature but Guts, I'll take guts.

TEEM BLUE HAS SECURED THE CANOPY BADGE.

onward.

vwevr_zpse82a46c0.png

YIIIISSSSSSS

rfgegwrtg_zps86296bfa.png

Holy crap this took me so many attempts. I hate Zels team. I HATE IT.

But it's okay, because once we finally won the battle we were rewarded handsomely.

yaas_zps5a21080a.png

With Blooper evolving! I think she'll be quite helpful against Corey!

I hope so anyway...

You guys have NO idea how much fun I'm having with this challenge, so I'm probably gonna keep updating for my own amusement.