Is Hyrule Warriors worth buying?

So i did some counting and found out that i have (barely) enough money to buy two Wii U games! Well, I know i'll be getting Super Smash Bros.4. Oh yes, that is a must.

I was thinking of just buying SSB4 and just leave my money where it is and continue saving up to buy future games buuut...there's a certain Zelda game that has caught my eye.

You guessed it, it's Wind Waker HD. . . just kidding it's Hyrule Warriors.

BUT...I'm hesitant to buy it...is it really worth the 60 bucks?

What are your thoughts, guys?

You guessed it, it's Wind Waker HD. . . just kidding it's Hyrule Warriors.

I got Windwaker for free from my Mario Kart 8 purchase :P. I'll be honest with you...i have played four Dynasty Warriors games and including Zelda characters that alone doesn't interest me at all. And that comes from a diehard Zelda fan. Not to mention that the game will be so boringly easy since its a ''nintendo'' title duh. It's not worth 60 bucks. Get Bayonetta 2 instead ;)

I got Windwaker for free from my Mario Kart 8 purchase :P. I'll be honest with you...i have played four Dynasty Warriors games and including Zelda characters that alone doesn't interest me at all. And that comes from a diehard Zelda fan. Not to mention that the game will be so boringly easy since its a ''nintendo'' title duh. It's not worth 60 bucks. Get Bayonetta 2 instead ;)

Did you just say, free Wind Waker? Wind Waker is my all time favourite Legend of Zelda game ever! And a FREE HD remake? FREE?! I did not know about this. Okay, no doubt i'll be getting Mario Kart 8 then.

Guess i'll just have to wait on Hyrule Warriors then. I...never played Batonetta 2 yet. Is it really good?

hm.. it's almost as if it comes from dynasty warriors, a game where you weave your way through impossibly large waves of enemies with a few ridiculous combo's.

I sure wish it had an option to change it to the difficulty hard! Oh, wait. It does.

Don't listen to our advice - Hyrule Warriors is the type of game where you either love it or hate. Download the demo. Trust me, in my view, it's an EXTREMELY fun game, having you command troops and make decisions. A few stages can trip you up, and Adventure Mode is where it really gets fun. I highly recommend it.

Edited by Annie Leonhardt

hm.. it's almost as if it comes from dynasty warriors, a game where you weave your way through impossibly large waves of enemies with a few ridiculous combo's.

I sure wish it had an option to change it to the difficulty hard! Oh, wait. It does.

Don't listen to our advice - Hyrule Warriors is the type of game where you either love it or hate. Download the demo. Trust me, in my view, it's an EXTREMELY fun game, having you command troops and make decisions. A few stages can trip you up, and Adventure Mode is where it really gets fun. I highly recommend it.

Oh, sure. I'll try the demo.

But what really is pulling me in is Bayonetta. It sounds like a good game...i'll go look it up.

Thanks for your help guys! DFTBA!

Did you just say, free Wind Waker? Wind Waker is my all time favourite Legend of Zelda game ever! And a FREE HD remake? FREE?! I did not know about this. Okay, no doubt i'll be getting Mario Kart 8 then.

Guess i'll just have to wait on Hyrule Warriors then. I...never played Batonetta 2 yet. Is it really good?

I think the Mario Kart 8 "Event" has already ended (where you could input the code and a get a free title)

Bayonetta 2 comes with Bayonetta 1 for free ... but I don't know if it is the right thing for you in terms of age (if your profile is correct) ... buuuut on the other hand you are playing reborn...

I don't want to recommend a "M"-rated game to someone so young as you...

As for the game itself... how to put it the best...

you are playing an (attractive) witch who wields guns, other weapons and magic powers ('enslaved' demons included) and are fighting thorugh a horde of (weird looking) angels... and then there is some kind of story behind it which I don't really recall... (I played Bayonetta 1 years ago sooooo...)

It is a high action based game...

Bayonetta 2 has the so called "Torture-Moves" (which are instant killing moves) and they could be a bit brutal...

It's easy to lose track of age in forums... that's why I checked :P

Again... As much as I, as a 26 years old guy, would like to play it (as a fan of the genre and player of part 1)... I don't want to be an "irresponsible adult" who recommends a "M-rated" game to a nice happy girl of half the age

(If I had kids I would totally let them under my supervision... but that has no meaning here^^)

Let me answer your question with 3 other questions

1) Do you like Zelda

2) Do you like Dynasty Warriors

3) Do you like mindless killing and action

If you say yes to any of these get it, but try demo first, as it isn't a zelda game. You don't go on a quest to save Hyrule as everyone's favorite fairy boy, but you kill hordes of enemies like a baws. I like it a lot, it is fun, but that is just my opinion.

Don't listen to our advice - Hyrule Warriors is the type of game where you either love it or hate.

She asked for our opinions, and i gave her my opinion. I totally agree that the game is very fun as all dynasty warriors games are, but not 60 bucks worth for me...As for the free HD remake, i think it was between June 30 - August 30 that you had to buy mk8 to get a code for a free game (you had to choose between 10 games).

Edited by drakonpaul

Bayonetta 2 comes with Bayonetta 1 for free ... but I don't know if it is the right thing for you in terms of age (if your profile is correct) ... buuuut on the other hand you are playing reborn...

I totally agree with Ceph on this one. Bayonetta is much more mature-ish than Reborn.

I think the Mario Kart 8 "Event" has already ended (where you could input the code and a get a free title)

As for the game itself... how to put it the best...

you are playing an (attractive) witch who wields guns, other weapons and magic powers ('enslaved' demons included) and are fighting thorugh a horde of (weird looking) angels... and then there is some kind of story behind it which I don't really recall... (I played Bayonetta 1 years ago sooooo...)

It is a high action based game...

Bayonetta 2 has the so called "Torture-Moves" (which are instant killing moves) and they could be a bit brutal...

It's easy to lose track of age in forums... that's why I checked :P

Again... As much as I, as a 26 years old guy, would like to play it (as a fan of the genre and player of part 1)... I don't want to be an "irresponsible adult" who recommends a "M-rated" game to a nice happy girl of half the age

(If I had kids I would totally let them under my supervision... but that has no meaning here^^)

It's rated M? I THINK i can handle it- I mean, i played all three 'Deep-Sea-Prisoner' games. And they're rated 18+

Thanks for warning me about it, though!

Let me answer your question with 3 other questions

1) Do you like Zelda

2) Do you like Dynasty Warriors

3) Do you like mindless killing and action

If you say yes to any of these get it, but try demo first, as it isn't a zelda game. You don't go on a quest to save Hyrule as everyone's favorite fairy boy, but you kill hordes of enemies like a baws. I like it a lot, it is fun, but that is just my opinion.

Le answers:

1) My profile picture. Does that answer your question? :)

2) I played the one for the PSP and boy, was it hard- Or maybe because i was 7 back then and, yeeah. I like challenges. So, yes to that.

3) It depends. Who am i killing? :^T

Yep. I am aware that this is a Zelda spin-off. That's why i wanna try it! ^_^ Sounds fun!

Hyrule warrior is so far I know a great game and a pinnacle AT THE MOMENT for the wii-u

It might get a bit repetitive and i will say in about a month if you keep on playing it everyday a bit

you might find it becoming less but in that month you will love it absolutely and coop is also fun but not really needed.

Also there will be alot of dlc for costumes and stuff but with one a option for skipping cutscenes would become available

so even if your not gonna buy all the dlc buy atleast that one when it comes out,

So I would say buy it or w8 a bit until it's cheaper, your choice of course ^-^

Hyrule warrior is so far I know a great game and a pinnacle AT THE MOMENT for the wii-u

It might get a bit repetitive and i will say in about a month if you keep on playing it everyday a bit

you might find it becoming less but in that month you will love it absolutely and coop is also fun but not really needed.

Also there will be alot of dlc for costumes and stuff but with one a option for skipping cutscenes would become available

so even if your not gonna buy all the dlc buy atleast that one when it comes out,

So I would say buy it or w8 a bit until it's cheaper, your choice of course ^-^

I'm currently playing the demo and...all i can say is that i love it! I think i've made my decision...Hyrule Warriors it is, then! Thanks for your suggestions, guys! I appreciate the help!

I'm a major Nintendo fan, as well as a pretty big Zelda fan, so ignoring all logical reason for why you should and shouldn't get this game, I will say yes you should regardless.

It's not a typical Zelda game because the gameplay is very different, but you get to play as other major characters throughout the series and you get to kill lots of enemies. Be they Bokoblin, Stalfos, Lizalfos, yet another version of Gohma, or even Goron, you can kill it. You actually get to play as bad guys too so all the better.

If you like Zelda for the puzzle element then this will feel very different for you. I can't say it's like a Dynasty Warriors game because I've not played any of them, but I'm going to assume that it's like one seeing as it's in the name and everyone else says it is. I don't know.

Also, lots of people complain this game is easy, but they have multiple difficulties (including Hero Mode I might add! We all know how hard that is from previous Zelda games right?) as well as Adventure Mode. Not all of the missions in Adventure Mode are hard, but if you're going for 100% and trying to get all of the Gold Skulltulas and Heart Pieces/Containers then it can become incredibly difficult. I've been spending nearly a week solid on Adventure Mode and I've still not completed it. It's pretty lengthy but it's also hard, so there's that.

I'm not sure if I'm getting anything across right now, but long story short: Combat-focused Zelda (it feels like a Zelda game to me), can play as more than just Lonk, can kill Gorons, IS actually difficult sometimes.

It may not have online play, but believe me, it's good enough without it. If they did add it in a future update that'd just make it 10x better than it already is. You can get whatever games you want prior to it, but you're missing out by not playing it. You need to get it eventually.

I'm a major Nintendo fan, as well as a pretty big Zelda fan, so ignoring all logical reason for why you should and shouldn't get this game, I will say yes you should regardless.

It's not a typical Zelda game because the gameplay is very different, but you get to play as other major characters throughout the series and you get to kill lots of enemies. Be they Bokoblin, Stalfos, Lizalfos, yet another version of Gohma, or even Goron, you can kill it. You actually get to play as bad guys too so all the better.

If you like Zelda for the puzzle element then this will feel very different for you. I can't say it's like a Dynasty Warriors game because I've not played any of them, but I'm going to assume that it's like one seeing as it's in the name and everyone else says it is. I don't know.

Also, lots of people complain this game is easy, but they have multiple difficulties (including Hero Mode I might add! We all know how hard that is from previous Zelda games right?) as well as Adventure Mode. Not all of the missions in Adventure Mode are hard, but if you're going for 100% and trying to get all of the Gold Skulltulas and Heart Pieces/Containers then it can become incredibly difficult. I've been spending nearly a week solid on Adventure Mode and I've still not completed it. It's pretty lengthy but it's also hard, so there's that.

I'm not sure if I'm getting anything across right now, but long story short: Combat-focused Zelda (it feels like a Zelda game to me), can play as more than just Lonk, can kill Gorons, IS actually difficult sometimes.

It may not have online play, but believe me, it's good enough without it. If they did add it in a future update that'd just make it 10x better than it already is. You can get whatever games you want prior to it, but you're missing out by not playing it. You need to get it eventually.

I'm getting it today, actually! The adventure mode sounds reeeeal fun! Totally gonna try it out! Thanks for telling me bout' it!

Have any interest in Amiibos?

Sadly, no. Sorry... i just want to save some money for games and not figurines. I really am sorry...

The only Dynasty Warriors game I played was Mystic Heroes (so much Nostalgia). I think the game was a lot of fun because none of us knew what we were doing. Yeah, I'll probably get the game eventually, but $60 is a steep price. If you like beating the living hell out of enemies, this is a game for you.

As for any other Wii U games, I don't really have any recommendations. When Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out, you won't hear me shut up about it.

The only Dynasty Warriors game I played was Mystic Heroes (so much Nostalgia). I think the game was a lot of fun because none of us knew what we were doing. Yeah, I'll probably get the game eventually, but $60 is a steep price. If you like beating the living hell out of enemies, this is a game for you.

As for any other Wii U games, I don't really have any recommendations. When Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out, you won't hear me shut up about it.

Did someone say, Xenoblade?! YES! I played Xenoblade Chronicles and boy, did i love it or what? Mostly because of its open-world. So much things to collect. So much adventure!