Reasons Why Pokémon Cannot Exist

This is just impossible, protomario never heard of physics it seems because you simply can't contain a heat stronger than our sun inside a rock shell, watch this: he explains better than i ever could

This could work but for it to happen humans would need to create a simple thing: a Pokeball and that (correct me if i'm wrong) is (again) impossible (at least with the current level of technology) something to do with physics (yes again). It would also mean that we (somehow) survived all the killing machines that are feral (wild) Pokemon before that invention.

just watch these from protomario pls these are about magcargo and pokemon pokeball interraction/capture

Recently, I've started thinking about either writing a pokémon-related story based in the world of the main series of games (eg: Red, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum... etc), or making a game, similar to that of Reborn~ being set in the same universe as the main series... or possibly putting the theme of pokémon into a relatively realistic world. (which is kinda where this topic originated from... seeing the realistic side of pokémon)

You let me just now think about something I read in the past, thank you for that,

If you want to read a pokemon real world story which explains everything about how the pokemon world could be ours or could have become and how it works in detail

go read 'Landwalker's yellow nuzlocke at deviant art, it's not really a nuzlocke but you will see when you read this, this also full with great artwork.

Oh this also isn't just for ashes but for the whole topic to look at as it gives some very nifty ideas + it's awesome

EDIT:Link Here: http://land-walker.deviantart.com/gallery/29972549/Yellow-nuzlocke

Edited by Cornerman

Well a few things would be different if pokemon existed. The whole base stat system would completely disappear. The only pokemon that would be at the OU level are probably legendaries and psuedos. I believe there to be one true reason why pokemon can't and don't exist. Energy. The pokemon in these games expend in some cases literally millions fold the energy they intake. The human body intakes a few thousand calories a day and during excercise or fighting expends roughly the same amount. Let's say something like hyper beam was used which is energy wise one of the hardest on the body for pokemon to use. Seeing as how pokemon like Gyrados can obliterate mountains with it, its safe to say the energy expended is way into the hundreds of thousands (not a physicist) maybe the millions. Where in the world is it getting all this energy to use such a probably life threatening attack. This isn't even considering the fact that some pokemon like Shedinja have almost no stamina. So the reason they can't exist in my not so expert opinion is because they can't replace what they'd burn ever. If their moves didn't kill their bodies they're either magical or sucking the planet dry of nutrients. So we'd be looking at Reborn: Earth.

• 3 weeks later...

The world would adapt to the new conditions. Remember, Pokemon does not take place in any specific nation or country whose laws are clearly defined. This is a world where trespassing could be legal and people such as Looker wouldn't need warrants to search houses.

Legendaries would be a widely debated subject because they wreak havoc when they battle each other, such the case with Groudon and Kyogre, but on the other side of the argument, if we left Legendaries alone, they wouldn't bother us. In almost every Pokemon movie, someon is trying to fuck up the natural order of things by catching a Legendary, which makes it go on a rampage.

One thing that just came up in my mind is that

If pokemon where in the real world, the government would regulate the population

just like with wild life to make sure that aren't to many of them,

Like with to many pidgeotto's there won't be any caterpie's and weedles and later on pidgeotto's

So it wouldn't be possible for a trainer aswell to just breed like a 50 tyranitars in a day

also in the real world pokemon would atleast have a longer time in the egg for like a month or 3 or longer

/give me your thaughts

• 6 months later...

Well, having a pokemon world obviously has some big implications...
About guns: since pokemon only obey under certain conditions, it would be easier to control than guns, which can technically be used by everyone that can pull a trigger. Why use a 'weapon' that, if taken over, could be used against you instead of one that only obeys you? (~Judge Dredd?) Much safer in that aspect. Also, there are so many pokemon, you can just get them out of the wild and start training. No factories required. (even though food could make it a bit expensive in some cases). And have you seen what some of them can do?
As such, licenses would definitely be mandatory, unless (implicit) societal rules would already take care of the problems that regulations would do, or use of a gradation system (tied with the gym badges, kinda like Reborn) to restrict novices from having destructive and demanding pokemon.
Legendaries shouldn't be captureable, or at least only with heavy-duty tools, yet illegal.
Breeding should be regulated indeed, just as it actually should be in the real world. Ever been to an animal shelter? You know most of them are eventually killed (lethal injection) there, because they can't find anyone to take them? Yet people can't stop breeding more and more...it's kinda depressing.
Economically, I really don't know how that would be regulated. How do you insert it onto people that, after they lost a battle, they have to gife half their money to the victor? Impossible? No. Difficult? Dark Souls-level.

The main problems are fairy/psychic/ghost-types, survivability and energy, imo.
About survivability: it is entirely possible that a pokemon that seems very fragile can survive in a certain niche. Think about Spoink as Dodo's. Those birds couldn't fly, yet they could survive (until exotic predators were introduced) because of the circumstances. Likewise, there's probably an environment in which Spoink could survive. Since you find them at Jagged Pass, their tail could actually be the key to their survival, since that would make them able to escape predators in their habitat. (by jumping over those damn ledges) So that's off the chart.

About energy: there are a lot of ways to store energy. Who knows what the hell those things get fed, or how frequent their 'power plays' are in nature. If they're so powerful they could destroy everything, maybe the fact that the world still exists could point to there not being enough energy in nature to provide endless rampaging. In the first season, prof. Oak introduced food that, with just a few blocks, could feed a snorlax. I guess that would be enough to provide a lot of energy to a pokemon to do some pretty powerful stuff. Check.
Then there are Fairies, psychics and ghosts. I can't make a plea about how those could be possible. For example: at this moment, we only are able to control objects if you and the object are equipped with technology, but psychic-types would be able to do so without any of those.
I don't know how this is possible without elecromagnetism, which wouldn't make it a psychic anymore. I guess the universe would need certain properties that would make it possible for those three types to exist. Something ours isn't capable of (in my current knowledge).

Potato.

Pokemon cannot exist in our world, ever. Why? Because humanity as we know it nowadays is a pile of toxic waste.

If we ignore the fact that many pokemon can murder a person and destroy entire cities with their natural powers, they simply cannot exist because if they did, they'd be nothing but tools of war , enslaved and treated like dirt. That's just how the real world works.

If we had the power to control them

Pokemon are portrayed to literally have intelligence equal to that of humans, the biggest reason why humanity has prospered on Earth is because of our intelligence. Pokemon are the equivalent of humans with supernatural powers. Without the existence of the poke ball, the planet would be in World War 3... but just a capture device isn't enough. Pokemon are shown to be able to come out of their poke balls at any time they like, and the poke ball doesn't change anything about the pokemon except from it being captured. Imagine a genie and a lamp, it's just like that. Certain devices built into pokeballs must be inside of each ball to alter the psychology of the pokemon caught and remove the hostile traits it learnt in the wild and also manufacture some kind of feelings of trust and care for the owner of the pokeball. Altering pokemon psychology = morally questionable?

I think that's one of the bigger reasons for why they can't exist, they'd destroy everything, and it would take a lot to develop a capture device like the pokeball

yah, well I did say -if we ignore the part where pokemon can murder people and destroy things- xD In reality it really would likely be us being in danger of pokemon than the other way around..

You have a point either way. Pokeballs must have SOMETHING in them to be able to make a pokemon tame as soon as you catch it... As if it was never wild and hostile. what we don't know for sure is whether pokemon as hostile by nature. Probably not all of them are, but they surely would turn hostile if humanity tried to use and control them.

• 2 weeks later...

16ii2i1.jpg

That's a scary thought. Not impossible (there was a snake as big as a f***ing bus), but a reason why you won't want pokemon to exist.

Also, for some pokemon to exist (like chandelure), souls have to exist, instead of being a figment of our imagination.

souls have to exist, instead of being a figment of our imagination.

*gets attacked by all of religion*

Also, how exactly did N's castle... 'rise' around the pokemon league? Like, it just... grew out of the ground in the games

*gets attacked by all of religion*

Also, how exactly did N's castle... 'rise' around the pokemon league? Like, it just... grew out of the ground in the games

Probs machinery, my friend... Just have to dig a massive hole to build it in, and find something that can lever that enormous mass (but it's pokemon, energy just seems to be extremely abundant and easy to access all the time). I'm a bit eager to know what stuff that flying frigate shot to freeze AN ENTIRE CITY. You would need to contract a lot of dilute rest energy (known as heat) to do so, so I'm dumbfounded what came out of that cannon by the help of Kyurem.

And then there's the Pokedex Entries...

For example, Macargo's body temperature is as hot as the sun's surface, which is 9941 °F, so just by standing a couple of feet or even maybe a couple of meters away from it would still kill you.

Literally 1/10 of the Sun's surface.

Also earthquake. And how easy they could kill people. Seriously even ember: you set someone on fire. And like many people have said - how can you possibly explain the creation of energy from thin air to blast another pokemon?