Sutoratosu

you're accepted murdoc. The OP will be edited soon. At this point, you guys honestly have the info you need for the story... you won't be going home until very late in the plot, so honestly, I have ample time to finish things for the Esperanza info before then.

If you have not finished a character yet, I suggest you hurry up and do so. The IC will without a doubt be starting this week, and at this point in time, I can't garuntee what I once said in the interest check about "Reinforcements" will still be a valid method of introing new players after we start

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit of a Last-Minute Decision, but i've decided i'll try this out.

Name: Jack "Tallboy" Smithson

Ethnicity: Causcausian (American)

Class: Medic

Support: Stealth

Personality: Kind of shy, but is somewhat flexible in his Plans. Prefers to get in a situation only if it is required, but is willing and eager to lend a hand to his comrades.

Backstory: Jack comes from an Upper-Middle-Class family. Jack's father was one of the better Medics that went into Eden, and Jack was curious as to why his father hasn't returned yet, so he decided to try to get into Eden by joining the Armed Forces, following in the footsteps of his Father. His mother helped him out in his studies, helping him to be above average in his classes.

Appearance: tall, Short Brown hair, Blue eyes, fair-skinned, semi-lean build, firm jawline, semi-bushy eyebrows, and a small mustache.

Additional: He's called "Tallboy" for a reason! (He's just under six feet tall.)

Name: Arieta Salazar

Ethnicity: Hispanic

Class: Blast Trooper

Support Skill: Detonation

Personality: Very moody, going from extreme happyness to depressive in the blink of an eye, and therefore having a easy time to making friends, but a hard one at keeping them. Passionate and professional when it comes to her job, and exploding stuff in general.

Backstory: Two words to describe Arieta: mad genius. When at school age she developed a fixation for Chemistry, specially the confection of explosives. Using the fact that her parents seldom were at home, due to not having much money and needing to work, she´s made her own little chemical workshop with substances stolen from the school´s lab and cleaning products. She´s made many successful experiments, but as curiosity was more important than safety to her, at one point she got sick from chemicals contamination. After treatment, with the only sequel left being that her hair stopped growing, she didn´t give up her passion and entered the Blast Troopers, standing out from most of her colleagues for her innate talent and difficult personality. She doesn´t have any real reason for going in the Eden expedition, except of course her will to check how hard to explode those alien things are.

Appearance: Brown skin, eyes like black pearls and no hair. In place of it, she has tribal tatoos in her head.

Edited by Nephthys

You right, Murdoc. the only reason I didn't call this out immediately was only because at this point, the government really has no choice but to use whoever they can get for this mission... so can't really be too picky.

Though in all honestly, Nephthys, I strongly suggest you consider exchanging "Bipolar" for just being "a bit explosive when angered beyond a certain point". Violent and sudden mood changes will without a doubt result in some serious tension with everyone else at certain points. That and I don't really know how comfortable people would be knowing that the one person in charge of all the explosives can go from zero to completely enraged without any warning at all or real reason at all.

Yea, I would prefer that not be the case, and even if the military needed everyone they could get, they would never get someone like that and put them in charge of something that could literally destroy the entire squad. That is beyond unsafe and plain irresponsible with their team members lives. While I don't mind people trying something new, I do mind when it is something that is super unpredictable. Because 1, these characters are super hard to role-play, and usually end up being boring to play because the extremeness of their personality feels like in has no grounds in reality. 2 They are super frustating to play alongside, as you never know what on earth they are going to do.

Basically, I don't mind if they are hot-headed, or that rebel who doesn't listen to orders. Those archetypes have a place. As I always say, mental disorders and the sort are usually used to make a character interesting, and if you need that crutch to make a character interesting, they are a weak character. ((keep in mind, where I come from with my background in Dungeons and Dragons, stuff like this was inflicted on characters and made them near worthless to your party, you couldn't choose to have it be a part of your character. Bipolarness or however you would say that, wasn't one of them, but it has similar implications of what insanity did in D and D.))

When that Engie has a medic by their side, i'd say that the two of them would be ready for anything.

[EDIT]: Ninja'd...

Edited by K_H

Heyo guys, sis is sleeping so I gotta clear things out. I was with her when she was making the char, and from what she's told me it's not an anger issue that she has, but more of a happy-sad thing. I think the word "moody" would probably fit better than bipolar. I'll pass this to her, but she'll probably only be able to edit it tomorrow.

Heyo guys, sis is sleeping so I gotta clear things out. I was with her when she was making the char, and from what she's told me it's not an anger issue that she has, but more of a happy-sad thing. I think the word "moody" would probably fit better than bipolar. I'll pass this to her, but she'll probably only be able to edit it tomorrow.

Oh, well if it's just 'moody' rather than bi-polar (Which as, hukuna said, is honestly the wrong word to describe it in this case) then that's fine, she just needs to edit to better clarify this.

alright, thanks notus. And the IC should be starting tommorow as well.

And Snap, did I? strange...I could've sworn...

Let me look for a second...

alright lemme straighten something out, this is a bit of a sore point for me for personal reasons.

Bipolar does not mean "moody." Bipolar does not mean "explosive." Bipolar is a mental disorder, and a damn serious one at that. Contrary to popular belief, it does not entail violent, frequent mood swings. Most people only cycle 6-12 times a year in a bad one. Episodes can last several years if you're unlucky. It means alternating between soul-crushing depression in which you have to work yourself up to standing up out of bed to insanely high energy and mood that can very quickly move from "ecstatic" to "enraged" and occasionally comes with psychosis to boot.

And now we all know so that this doesn't happen again on here.

Sorry if my rather poor wording of things offended you, Murdoc. It's relatively late here and I'm beginning to find that posting things with so little sleep is beginning to highly impair me in my word choice all across the boards here.

Anyways, hopefully Neph can edit tomorrow and then I can actually get this damn thing started for you guys with a Chapter 1 IC...

Regardless, sorry.

Now, to everyone: is there anything crucial missing from the OP in terms of PCs? have I forgotten anyone?(I know sir bagel isn't in there, but he never finished his sign up sheet, so can't really do a whole lot about that.) Do I have the class statistics right?

I only ask because in all honesty... I just done for tonight. I'm not going to check to make sure right now. though I swear to fucking Jesus and all twelve of the damn apostales, I'm gonna find a way to hack around this "K9 Protection" bullshit on this computer... honestly, why the hell should I be restricted with time limits and shit and have half the sites I use for writing resources and things I need on here be blocked if it's my kid sister who doesn't know how to behave on one of these machines?

I'll finish whatever's in need of dire finishing tomorrow

Ok, she´s got some things to do by day, so I´ll enter on her account and edit it for her. Oh, also apologies Murdoc, I might have induced that error... Thanks for clarifying that, it won´t happen again.

Edited. How´s it looking now?

Edited by Notus

It wasn't all you Notus, I pretty much made an ass out of my self by over generalizing again. ((For the record, I do know about it, I kinda went off what people assumed it to be though, because well, that is what people typically do in an RP setting, they use what is the generalization of something. Why I typically don't allow those things, not because I am trying to limit characters, but because rarely will they ever be handled properly or in a way that is correct. They usually are terribly misinformed and a character suffers from it rather than gain any real meaningful depth,))