Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

I have started this whole off topic conversation with the simple words, Senpai, notice me. I never knew such words had this kind of power...

You're perfectly fine man. That's not exactly off topic, but talking about controversial topics like ISIS and all of that is way out of hand. You gucci

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Wow, I really missed a ton.)

Darklight, you don't make this easy for me. Now, what to do what to do. May as well have a little fun before shit hits the fan later.

@Zephyr: I am planning on using T-tar, but if you want to use him as well, I'll PM you so that we can really differentiate both Pokemon in order to prevent one from overshadowing another.

@Antares: Please keep the thorn in a side thing to a minimum. I literally have to handle people like that every single day just because they think it's funny and cool. Poking fun is fine, but being respectful to others should be top priority.

I'll think about it first... problem is that T-Tar'll compound my team's weakness to Fighting fourfold. So I might not go for a T-Tar. Probably.

That fighting weakness can be easily fixed. Honchkrow and Malamar. The latter would be a spectacular choice for doubles because you could have you're partner use something like leer or Charm on it.

Edit: I also forgot about Greninja with Extrasensory.

Edited by commander218

Likely about a little bit after the trip ends. Like stated before, this is majorly affected by how the people move the story, no solid dates.

Chim, how about this: You said you wanted that Contest woman, Madame *Can't Remember* to appear before the Winter Tournament, saying before that it would happen at the tail end of Ch. 2. What if, just to help these people with the hype dealing, you reason that the 'exchange program' happened around the same time. This is purely so people don't die from hype, while fitting with all you want to put in full. Ignore this if you have any problem with it.

That was the plan all along. And Madame Plumeau isn't going to appear before the Winter Cup. She'll be there when the entire thing starts.

So can we please now keep this thread about the actual roleplay instead of whatever random topic or game you feel like playing. It's unnecessarily cluttering the topic.

I feel like posting this is necessary again.

Gym Badge substitutions?

And no. Trainers have to travel around and defeat gym leaders like in any other region. But that's not relevant to the story. I made the League as background and to complete the Region. Students can't challenge gym leaders because they don't have a license yet. And at this point every student would get their ass kicked if they challenged any leader.

So Chim, shall I control the Deino?

Sure. I never control something you want to catch.

I thought that only the 4 of us(students) are in that group/area. Are there more NPCs wandering around?

If that was the case you wouldn't need 2 teachers around. The PCs aren't the only ones on the trip. There are plenty of NPCs (just like any other school) but I'm not going to bother creating names or looks for them since they aren't involved in the story.

I thought that only the 4 of us(students) are in that group/area. Are there more NPCs wandering around?

Well it's not like there are only twenty(5 mentioned X 4 groups) 1st years at the academy, it's just that thing of anime logic where only the 'main characters' are seen until necessary.

Edit: Ninja'd by Chim, but the idea stands.

Edited by TurboAura

If that was the case you wouldn't need 2 teachers around. The PCs aren't the only ones on the trip. There are plenty of NPCs (just like any other school) but I'm not going to bother creating names or looks for them since they aren't involved in the story.

Ok.

Wished I remembered the Pokemon episode that had it's own Academy. How it went down: Ash, Misty, Brock go to some Academy. How it worked there was like after three or four years of successful education, the students gained the right to challenge the league and one year counted for two or three badges.

Misty kinda burned a first-year when he claimed he could beat her Starmie with a Victreebel, and she wiped him pretty hard.

Just wondering if academic tenure = badge equivalent in this Academy.

Edited by Antares

Wished I remembered the Pokemon episode that had it's own Academy. How it went down: Ash, Misty, Brock go to some Academy. How it worked there was like after three or four years of successful education, the students gained the right to challenge the league and one year counted for two or three badges.

Misty kinda burned a first-year when he claimed he could beat her Starmie with a Victreebel, and she wiped him pretty hard.

Just wondering if academic tenure = badge equivalent in this Academy.

The League works like the games with the only difference that a trainer needs a license. The Academy is there to see who deserves a license and who isn't ready. But the League won't be involved in this story.

• Support Squad

The League works like the games with the only difference that a trainer needs a license. The Academy is there to see who deserves a license and who isn't ready. But the League won't be involved in this story.

Also, you say THIS story, will we ever see the name Ymora away from the RP, or is there more in store for the region and it's inhabitants?