Pokemon Conspiracy (In Development)

@FairFamily I appreciate you playing my game not once but twice. You must genuinely like it lol.

Spoiler

You don't get Gemini Coins for stealing the drive because if done properly you have a chance at getting a much better reward at the end of it all. I'm sure you can figure out what the reward is. And the female will have a similar quest in the next update.

Also you can buy hidden power at Pack-a-Punch. TM100 Confide is the gender specific TM for Kelani.

Thanks for pointing out those errors, will add those to my to do list. I'm currently editing all the pbs files to their proper gen 7 form.

Cut actually isn't usuable in the overworld until Chapter 1. I neglected to disclose that information so yeah, that's my bad.

Edited by Enigma Shot U

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DemICE said:

2 hours in route 1...   im starting to see karrablasts behind trees,  under the grass,  in my own shadow .. but no ... they are all illusions ...  karrablast must be a myth

RNG can be cruel at times... Karrablast has a 1% chance of spawning. My advice, find something that can use sweet scent.

Finished playing through it and I have to say...ITS SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I've only played through as Leo so far, but I really enjoyed the chemistry between him and the other characters. The banter really brings them to life. Even the events feel like a real part of the story and not some random sidequests. One example of this is how you get the silk scarf. That was the point where I thought this game was gonna be LIT. 

Another thing that got me was the music. I don't think I can recall a single theme that I've heard anywhere else(minus the FF nostalgia song). It fit with the routes and events so well that I enjoyed the hunts for rare pokes. 

The only issues I found were tiles errors(there's kinda a lot tbh lol) and a random crash while using turbo mode. 

I can hardly wait for the next installment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, condo said:

Finished playing through it and I have to say...ITS SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I've only played through as Leo so far, but I really enjoyed the chemistry between him and the other characters. The banter really brings them to life. Even the events feel like a real part of the story and not some random sidequests. One example of this is how you get the silk scarf. That was the point where I thought this game was gonna be LIT. 

Another thing that got me was the music. I don't think I can recall a single theme that I've heard anywhere else(minus the FF nostalgia song). It fit with the routes and events so well that I enjoyed the hunts for rare pokes. 

The only issues I found were tiles errors(there's kinda a lot tbh lol) and a random crash while using turbo mode. 

I can hardly wait for the next installment. 

Much gratitude man. I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Lol yeah, there are a lot of tile errors and typos too, some of which I'm not sure how I missed during the testing phase. I'm kinda embarrassed.

Hopefully, Chapter 1 will be out sometime before the summer of next year. Thanks again for playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bug: I tried to buy TM bulk up from the gallade and it gave me tm flame charge instead.

Otherwise, absolutely great game so far. I'm about to Mt. Kora and for a V0.1 it has tons of content and really fun gameplay. Story is quite interesting to. I'll definitely be an avid follower of this game from now on! Always love adding new great fan games to my list of ones to check out often.

• Thanks 1

@BananananaK Really sorry about that, but thanks for pointing it out, will add to my "to do list" And I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game, I hoping to deliver an even better experience with the next chapter.

@uberle I'm hoping that you'll enjoy yourself regardless of who you pick, I'd love to hear your thoughts afterwards.

I have a few remaining questions after finishing the version:

What happens at the end of the version after the weezings come down? The logo comes up and I fade to black but nothing seems to happen or give me the GC award for completing the version. Am I supposed to soft reset and wait until next version to get the coins or what?
Is the 'praise the sun' achievement available, and if so, can I have a hint on how to get it? I get the reference but am not sure where I should be going to find something praise-able.

For the achievement that says you need to get out of somewhere dangerous and avoid getting caught, does that mean I needed to have not been caught once in Mudblood's part of the version? I completed it and I never got the achievement.

@BananananaK 

Spoiler

The version is over once you've beaten Teala and Michael invites you to the rift. You receive the coins and achievement for completing the prologue in the next update.

The scene inside the rift is just a preview of chapter 1's beginning.

Praise the sun is more so related to the reward of completing this achievement. Only advice I'll give is to thoroughly explore every nook and cranny of the school.

And for the last bit, you can't be spotted at all by any of the frog Pokemon patrolling Their hideout. Otherwise the achievement will perma lock.

13 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

@BananananaK 

Hide contents

The version is over once you've beaten Teala and Michael invites you to the rift. You receive the coins and achievement for completing the prologue in the next update.

The scene inside the rift is just a preview of chapter 1's beginning.

Praise the sun is more so related to the reward of completing this achievement. Only advice I'll give is to thoroughly explore every nook and cranny of the school.

And for the last bit, you can't be spotted at all by any of the frog Pokemon patrolling Their hideout. Otherwise the achievement will perma lock.

Ah I see. Last part of what you said leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because I had no idea that there would be consequences so I got caught in the first few frogs and figured it would be inconsequential if I soft resetted or not so I didn't, but your great game so your choices :P 

• Thanks 1

Just finished the game. I was honestly really impressed. Tons of content for a "prologue" and the it all fit well together. The photos of real people for the characters were kinda weird at first, but I got used to them. I enjoy that the main character has dialogue, and the writing never felt forced to me. So good job! I have some notes/questions. 

When I was picking the unofficial starter, I was kinda confused by the "Easy, Medium, Hard" that was attached to each one. Does your pick of the starter change the difficulty of the game? Like the actual levels and mons on peoples teams? What was your intention with those? 

- Pretty sure "obstacles" was misspelled in the intro

- You can walk on the walls in the opening room with Teala
- "Spectacle" is misspelled at the registration thing

One last thing, when the mc is getting directions to Mt. kora, he gets told to go East from the cemetery, but if you're setting the top of the screen as North, you actually have to go west to get to mt. kora. 

Okay, I'm done. 

Thanks so much for the game, I really did think it was pretty awesome! Sorry for the barrage of screenshots, just trying to be helpful! 

Edited by Dante52
forgot a couple things
  • Thanks 1

@Dante52 Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, seriously.

The categories for the unofficial starters are just a gauge of how useful that Pokemon will be in the current build. There may be a reward for choosing a certain one...

Thanks for pointing out some of those errors, trying to have them all gone in the next release. Also, I took most of the gen 7 back sprites from full moon. Some are better than others.

Thought I had removed the field effects but a few slipped past me. Will look into getting that fixed.

Thanks again for playing.

7 hours ago, Dante52 said:

No problem, like I said, it was fun!

Maybe you already know this, but I know Rejuvenation has sprites for the gen 7 pokemon, maybe that would be a way to get sprites? 

I didn't want to use the Reborn styled sprites for my game. I like the gen 4 style sprites better.

• Like 1

I was running around doing some more exploring and stuff and found a couple more things. 

1. If I go back into Megan's office I get stuck, I can't leave, it's like there is something invisible blocking the door. 

2. Buying a lemonade crashed the game 

LemonadeError.PNG.1d074f277df456888c530a3e548d56da.PNG

Best! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yo I LOVE the game so far,the story is enough to keep you playing the game and i like the diversity of the starters.I havent even got to the first gym and  I love it

Spoiler

I  saw the title i was hoping you could get a honedge,would love a honedge but in all seriousness awsome game so far Enigma!

I like the music 2

Edited by Layback80
Music
  • Thanks 1

@EnigmaShotU Its all good now but i dont know how to leave the gym now?:( Also Teddiursa,Frogadier,Shiny Female Combee,Jangmo and nidirino                          NEVERMIND I NEVER THOUGHT TO TALK TO THE ABRA LMAO

Edited by Layback80
IM STUPID
  • Haha 1

Well dam...I ain't complaining lol but I thought the Vulpix from the Gemini shop was gunna be normal no wonder it was worth so much(Most likely i'm going to keep it on the team tho).

Now that i found that out lol does anyone know were to get a fire type mon?

Spoiler

Also cut dosent work outside of battle but you prolly knew that already so you can ignore this

This game seems really interesting. Also Leo reminds me kinda of myself: A loner who still treats others well overall and had a not to optimal past(kinda an easy archetype of character to build, but still)

I know how you feel on that cuz his interactions remind me of myself in so many ways lol

Edited by Layback80
Fire,Cut and MC