Pokemon GO

125 members have voted

1. 1. What team are you?

As odd as it sounds, I really don't mind finding Pokemon randomly. When the step system worked, I never had any luck with it, and was often time confused so removing it really doesn't effect me. The way I look at it, is that it is more like the normal games now with random encounters.

Agreed with Combat Medic, the random encounters are at best mildly inconvenient and far from the highest priority of things that need to get fixed. Buggy Pokestops crashing the game when you visit them, lag/server issues, and the other glitches are what's really hurting the game.

if you don't happen to live near a hot spot or rare pokemon nest, then you're kinda screwed when it comes to catching pokemon. unless they leave pokevision up. We've all already had our fill of running into commons over and over, and in all honesty, you have to travel WAY too far on foot to go from spawn location to spawn location. If you have a bike and things aren't all uphill, things are fine but... the whole game becomes unfeasible when you have almost no way of telling where a pokemon is.

Edit:

5bf987bd0187427192c480a40a65ef7a.png

I expect a lot of angry twitter messages on the Go and Niantic profiles. And usage to drop drastically.

if you don't happen to live near a hot spot or rare pokemon nest, then you're kinda screwed when it comes to catching pokemon. unless they leave pokevision up. We've all already had our fill of running into commons over and over, and in all honesty, you have to travel WAY too far on foot to go from spawn location to spawn location. If you have a bike and things aren't all uphill, things are fine but... the whole game becomes unfeasible when you have almost no way of telling where a pokemon is.

I never actually used Pokevision. Was it really useful, or was it a cheating device like thing?

I never actually used Pokevision. Was it really useful, or was it a cheating device like thing?

It was useful, since you couldn't track Pokemon down using the actual app. You could either try finding Pokemon randomly (which you have to do now), or you could use Pokevision to see where Pokemon were in the app, as well as how long they lasted.

It was useful, since you couldn't track Pokemon down using the actual app. You could either try finding Pokemon randomly (which you have to do now), or you could use Pokevision to see where Pokemon were in the app, as well as how long they lasted.

I see. Well, I can understand why they would want it removed. It's like how they used PokeBank to get removed of hacked Pokemon.

Well it seems they are that dumb. Hopefully this means they're close to a fix and it'll be out by the next update. I still expect numbers to drop, and rightfully so. Tbh the whole app has just been one buggy mess. Its like this game was in alpha and they just decided "what the hell, close enough right?" and released it anyway.

Pokemon GO is the Sonic 06 of the Pokemon franchise.

Well it seems they are that dumb. Hopefully this means they're close to a fix and it'll be out by the next update. I still expect numbers to drop, and rightfully so. Tbh the whole app has just been one buggy mess. Its like this game was in alpha and they just decided "what the hell, close enough right?" and released it anyway.

Pokemon GO is the Sonic 06 of the Pokemon franchise.

The "Three Foot-Step Glitch" was never a glitch to begin with it turns out. They just disabled the tracker to cover for their servers that sucked. I know they got more traffic than originally anticipated, but how about you set up some more servers then Niantic.

tl;dr, they did the 3 footstep glitch to "fix" their servers.

It was never really a cheat. You still had to travel to locations in order to get pokemon. And that doesn't mean you'll be able to catch it. Nor that it will be at a decent cp. The numbers of duplicates you need to find of uncommon and rarer pokemon pretty much make it imperative that you know where they are, especially since they're on timers and it could very easily take you the very last second to even get there even when you know where it's at.

Edit: check out these greedy bastards. they're working on a harry potter game before they've even finished fixing Go. Rowling's camp jumped on the trend just a bit too soon.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/pok-mon-go-creators-are-working-on-a-harry-potter/413628

Pokemon Go is really buggy sometimes, but honestly the game breaking stuff (like crashes etc.) or at least what I perceived as game breaking toned down imo.

Doesn't mean that it doesn't have some way to go to meet at least some of the expectations players have and what they were promised, but I think it's off to a somewhat decent start.

I have found more real animals than I have pokemon where I live.

I almost got knocked down by a deer yesterday

I saw a fox darting across the road, and a pair of raccoons outside of one of the houses on my block.

I'm allready glad I can actually start it without much problems. The first couple of days I couldn't even start the game. :wacko:

Now the other thing is I'm only cathing tons of ratatta and pidgey. I have like 15 Pokémon so far, including raticate and pidgeotte who where easy to evolve with all their candy's I allready have.

I wish they thought a little bit more of us people who don't live in big city's.

Thank goodness Vaporeon was nerfed. Forget that thing...

I've come to the conclusion that the most common "Gym-worthy" Pokemon in Temple are Eevee and Exeggute, specifically because Vaporeon and Exeggutor are very hard to topple even over things like Dragonite at times.

I've been playing it casually. There aren't any gyms within walking distance so I've been building up Pokemon to evolve them. I lost track how many times I had to restart my android because the game would glitch out on me.

Don't restart your whole phone. just the app. It's pretty easy on iphone to do. Probably an easy way to force close it on android too.

I live by a river, so I get a plethora of Water-types. Psyduck, Magikarp, Slowpoke are the most common ones here. Occasionally there are Horsea and Dratini, while rarely, Squirtle.

We also have an exceptionally high amount of Zubat around these parts, for some reasons >.>

• 2 weeks later...