ZEL's Eevees~

Seehan

Hey guys! So as you know, when you face ZEL for the second time, they have 3 Eeveelutions, one for each member of the trio; Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. The dilemma I face is, which one corresponds to which?! The Ice cold logical Eve? Or would she have an Espeon for her superior mind? And shouldn't Sylveon be in here somewhere?! Help a guy out and give me your reasons for corresponding each Eeveelutions to each of the 3 personalities!

And shouldn't Sylveon be in here somewhere?!

I got a chuckle out of this, because just a couple days ago my bf did joke about giving Zero a Sylveon.

Mostly because I was trying to evolve my Eevee called Zero into an Umbreon and said I hoped I wouldn't forget that I mustn't let it learn Baby-Doll Eyes, but hey - Zero the graceful Fairy~

But yep, it's Umbreon for Zero, Espeon for Eve, and Glaceon for Lumi.

Gotta admit, when I saw their team for the first time, I had similar thoughts to yours. Glaceon and Espeon are both good choices for either of the sisters. Though if you know their backstory, then it's entirely possible the Eve hasn't always been so cold, and they likely had their fully-evolved Eeveelutions before the... incident already. So there's that.

Umbreon is Zero's. Just look at the design.

Eve is short for 'evening', and Espeon is the Sun Pokémon.

Lumi is Finnish for 'snow', in reference to her Glaceon.

I didn't know about this one, that's actually pretty cool.

Eve and Lumi aren't their full names, though. In this context, "Eve" is short for "Evelynn," and "Lumi" is short for "Lumina."

They only got those full names after being put into the game. Pre-game, they were only called Eve and Lumi.

The full names, including last names, are something Ame came up with. Though that might just mean there's even more meaning to them.

Edited by Ama

How exactly would Eve(ning) tie in with the SUN pokemon anyway?...

why not

Glaceon - Zero (absolute zero)

Umbreon - Eve(lynn) (evening or whatnot)

Espeon- Lumi(na) - light.sun =light, whatnot

or maybe they just belong to ZEL in the order they're sent out Z(glaceon) , EL(? I think that varies among the AI whether its umbreon or espeon but idk, I 95% of the time get Espeon before Umbreon)

and more edit:

Espeon could well be Eve's indeed, due to the fact that Evelynn as a name can mean mystical, wise and etc

Lumi can have Umbreon due to the fact that Umbreon's rings get illuminated in darkness

Edited by Masquerain

Haiiii wonderful people of this thread~ im here to confirm the ZELveelutions. Zero owns Umbreon. Eve owns Espeon. Lumi owns Glaceon. Andddddd no Sylveon cause these were planned out at the end of gen 4 effectively~

and im the only person who fails to understand this logic?

Such font size, scary.

Why no t? Evening is when the sun goes down, it's a nice name, Espeon is purple and red, which are sundown-like colours.

...Or we could start a petition to get Eve renamed to "Sunny". A bright name for a bright lady. /shot

Such font size, scary.

Why no t? Evening is when the sun goes down, it's a nice name, Espeon is purple and red, which are sundown-like colours.

...Or we could start a petition to get Eve renamed to "Sunny". A bright name for a bright lady. /shot

something needs done, i keep assuming Umbron for evening

Umbreon is the only one of ZEL's pokemon that I immediately connected to Zero from the beginning, because it matches his personality best (Dex entries) (and his design; they both got that black-and-yellow thing going on).

I was more curious about Espeon and Glaceon in the beginning, because as OP mentioned, you could connect Espeon to Eve because of the Psychic = brains associations, or Glaceon for her cold attitude.

And similarly, Lumi would fit both Pokemon, especially since Espeon always strikes me as more connected to emotional intelligence (from the Dex entries anyway), and Lumi appears to be the most empathic one of the trio.

Edited by Ama

Wouldn't Umbreon be Eve's because Umbreon is the moonlight pokemon and the moon comes up in the evening?

They only got those full names after being put into the game. Pre-game, they were only called Eve and Lumi.

The full names, including last names, are something Ame came up with. Though that might just mean there's even more meaning to them.

Proof? Source?

>tfw that was actually discussed at some point and I lost the showdown log about it

IIRC, something about how Eve would come up with a decent recipe, only for Zero and Lumi to ruin it because they have no idea what the hell they are doing and keep adding unnecessary ingredients.

So it's probably safe to say that ZEL are not very good at cooking :c

And really, could anybody be better at it than Sirius, anyway?

Though rumor has it that they are co-starring in his increasingly popular new cooking show, Searing With Sirius...