Episode 18 Discussion

Celestial Fire

Spoiler

E18 felt short for me. I was a tad bit bummed that the Gym battle with Hardy was the finale of the episode. Wish we could've ended it with us battling Meteor again and possibly saving Aya but nonetheless! It was still a fun episode. I loved Larvitar's sidequest the most, since the concept of it was so accurate being underground and lost, finding its way to someone who will care for it. Also it opened a lot of theory doors, an example of which is with Laura and Bennett. They've begun a rather strange relationship and both are theorized on which one of them is the last Elite four member. Now I think it will actually be both of them, a double battle I presume. Other mysteries was also given hints, but very vague ones. Revelations were the highlight of the episode and it was presented really well (Even though we saw Radomus being the dad a mile away, it still hit me hard). The gym battle with Hardy was, decent. He was a challenge honestly and I would've been wrecked if I didn't change the field. In E19, I hope he can be some form of help next time we team up and not just sleep in the corner. Still love Hardy btw. Overall, E18 is 9/10. 

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

E18 felt short for me. I was a tad bit bummed that the Gym battle with Hardy was the finale of the episode. Wish we could've ended it with us battling Meteor again and possibly saving Aya but nonetheless! It was still a fun episode. I loved Larvitar's sidequest the most, since the concept of it was so accurate being underground and lost, finding its way to someone who will care for it. Also it opened a lot of theory doors, an example of which is with Laura and Bennett. They've begun a rather strange relationship and both are theorized on which one of them is the last Elite four member. Now I think it will actually be both of them, a double battle I presume. Other mysteries was also given hints, but very vague ones. Revelations were the highlight of the episode and it was presented really well (Even though we saw Radomus being the dad a mile away, it still hit me hard). The gym battle with Hardy was, decent. He was a challenge honestly and I would've been wrecked if I didn't change the field. In E19, I hope he can be some form of help next time we team up and not just sleep in the corner. Still love Hardy btw. Overall, E18 is 9/10. 

Spoiler

I know it was very short but in my opinion the story in this episode was amazing. Also I don't really do sidequests.

Edited by Celestial Fire

Spoiler

Well, this episode did feel short, but it sets the atmosphere for the grand finale. Remember in The Last Airbender, how there was this "filler" episode, The Tales of Ba Sing Se, where we got to learn about the every day life of the major characters living there, right before the siege and the shitfest that followed?

That's what happened here, too. A recap of the story, with added background for the motives that led some people's actions (looking at you, Fern) or why they decided to live a life like this (Kiki teaching calmness and composure while being unstable as hell on the inside, since her body was decaying?). 

Just like ATLA, things are going to blow up. In Agate we had 5 gym leaders backing us up, and the only thing we managed to do is free the city, WHICH WOULD HAPPEN ANYWAY since Team Meteor was done after getting the stone. They toyed with us, and now, with Solaris gone, who was the only "moral compass" of the organisation, nothing is stopping them from going on a rampage.

I also feel it crucial to add that there was no new music (or if there was, I completely missed it or was too bland) to add uniqueness to the episode. For me, a good piece of music can raise the experience to another level completely, and even regarding the revelations part, I just feel like music missed the mark this time. Oh well, we've got victory road/league/E4/champion music coming next 😁

All in all, I found the episode a tad bit underwhelming. I'm sure we're going to get the closure we need with every plot point in the next one, and there's soo many things to look forward to (the nightclub, the prophecy, Lin's full backstory, motives and ultimate defeat, Anna/Nostra and their part in the plot, the people from the Void to return, or find out what happens eventually to them), so I can't say I'm disappointed.

Of course, thank you dev team, for you have created a piece of art, and you should be proud that you've brought tears and smiles on faces across the world. 

5 minutes ago, Lucreto said:
  Hide contents

Well, this episode did feel short, but it sets the atmosphere for the grand finale. Remember in The Last Airbender, how there was this "filler" episode, The Tales of Ba Sing Se, where we got to learn about the every day life of the major characters living there, right before the siege and the shitfest that followed?

That's what happened here, too. A recap of the story, with added background for the motives that led some people's actions (looking at you, Fern) or why they decided to live a life like this (Kiki teaching calmness and composure while being unstable as hell on the inside, since her body was decaying?). 

Just like ATLA, things are going to blow up. In Agate we had 5 gym leaders backing us up, and the only thing we managed to do is free the city, WHICH WOULD HAPPEN ANYWAY since Team Meteor was done after getting the stone. They toyed with us, and now, with Solaris gone, who was the only "moral compass" of the organisation, nothing is stopping them from going on a rampage.

I also feel it crucial to add that there was no new music (or if there was, I completely missed it or was too bland) to add uniqueness to the episode. For me, a good piece of music can raise the experience to another level completely, and even regarding the revelations part, I just feel like music missed the mark this time. Oh well, we've got victory road/league/E4/champion music coming next 😁

All in all, I found the episode a tad bit underwhelming. I'm sure we're going to get the closure we need with every plot point in the next one, and there's soo many things to look forward to (the nightclub, the prophecy, Lin's full backstory, motives and ultimate defeat, Anna/Nostra and their part in the plot, the people from the Void to return, or find out what happens eventually to them), so I can't say I'm disappointed.

Of course, thank you dev team, for you have created a piece of art, and you should be proud that you've brought tears and smiles on faces across the world. 

Spoiler

The next episode is going to have be long to finish off pokemon reborn

Guest Relinquished

E18 is great, i believe and due to its features, it has to be my most beloved episode... Finally, all Pokemon are obtainable (minus legends and myths), AI has finished revamp, graphics/some sprites/animations have been polished, weather works without errors (like in E16) and story is almost rounded up! Only 1 last episode remains, now!

Problem is, there are lots of bugs. I progressed midway the game in a new run, since i started in Alpha this time round and now have the community release... And stopped here. Can't enjoy playing (fault is mine, due to personal tastes, as well as expectations from the game), since challenge/difficulty is botched (important battles never use items), there are pokemon errors (no shedinja, for example) and a handful of other things to correct, like Z moves, mega stones, etc. I want this run of mine to be full and satisfactory; by facing opposition to its peak, gameplay wise. Will wait a bit more, so as E18 is finalized. Can't nag, though, this episode came to us really fast! Good job, everyone!

Spoiler

I disagree about the episode being short. If you compare what actually happened in this episode it’s more than 17. The feeling of shortness IMO comes from the big, empty desert last episode. The desert however was big with most side quests confined there. That led to it feeling longer than it really was.