Jump to content
Twinwolf

FEF: The Lost Lands [IC Thread]

Recommended Posts

~~~~RULES~~~~


1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread or discord.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or removed from the game. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed. This is more important in battle than RP, but activity in both is preferred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

~~~Prologue: The Road to Aica~~~

 

The six of you have been travelling for three days, on your way to the town of Aica. Your commander for the mission, Winston Sorea, is not at liberty to tell you lot what it is until you’re at the town - simply that your mission is important, and that you must move quickly but covertly - hence the lack of a carriage or water transport. The trek is nearly over, the town now visible in the distance as you crest a hill. 

 

Winston1.png.5a1a452ecf4b98826a121c589a002d04.png

"We're nearly there." Winston notes the obvious, turning to the group on his horse. "Be alert. Pax has been aggressive lately, and even if we don't have trouble with them the bandits are active. Shouldn't be any issue though - as long as we're obviously military, they won't harass us too much." he said. He continued down the road, gesturing the rest of you to follow. 

 

Marl, Anea, Lysander, Tsidin, Aidan, and Alwine may post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aidan had yet to obtain the rights to a horse, but he studied diligently, hoping one day he could become a proper knight. For now, among all of the rough, tough military that he was among, Aidan stuck out like a very nerdy thumb. Not that this bothered him that much, anyway; Aidan had come too far to let a stereotype like that impede his progress, so he marched with Winston.

 

TieAc46.png

"Understood, Commander Sorea. I'll keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Everyone, make sure you're careful, okay?" Aidan had that little tendency to act like a bit of an older brother, though he was probably younger or the same age to everyone. It was just important to him that he protect everyone on this mission, even if he was only a pupil. "There's only so much my magic can do in the field if something goes wrong."

Edited by RedMageCole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j1Ko0Gg.png
"Ah, we'll be alright. Just stick behind me and we'll get through whatever and whoever comes at us just fine." Alwine spoke cheerily, seemingly unfazed by the gravity of the others, though truth be told she wasn't sure if she was quite ready for an actual combat yet. She didn't feel particularly affected, but she also knew that she likely was. Still, she had squadmates to protect, and she wasn't about to sit down and neglect that duty. "The real threat's the hangovers you get after you try to find some entertainment; I don't suppose your magic can do anything about that, can it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marl was restless. The lack of a carriage meant he had to leave his study materials behind, and firing at stones and birds had tired him. He held little interest in smalltalk during the journey, as well. 

wmxbzI3.png 

"Speaking of, I'm booored. Anyone got something to do?" He then turned to Aidan. 

bH6ZafP.png 

"Hey, you. Can I borrow your tome? My mind is going to atrophy at this rate without something to do."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CK8y4kO.png

"Understood, sir. I'll stay vigilant." Lysander replied alongside Aidan. Really, he was going to be either way. Certainly, he couldn't let any bandits get the drop on them. "It would take someone stupid to attack an armed group with no particular valuables. We should be able to handle people who would do so." Or so he hoped, anyway. He'd rather not have to fight in such a small group, truthfully. It wasn't like he had any battlefield experience yet.

He looked to Alwine. "It seems a bit early to be dreaming of alcohol. Focus. We're not in town yet."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j1Ko0Gg.png
"Focus? You think I'm not focused?" She scoffed a bit. "This isn't my first mission, son. I can crack a joke without losing track of things." Her tone was, if rather dismissive, not particularly hostile still. "Trust me, I know what happens when you're not paying attention."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Alwine's optimism was something the army needed, Aidan did want a little bit of caution. He wasn't quite the one to question his army mates; in his eyes, that was the commander's job, but he did make sure to give his own word.

 

ZXWKcss.png

"No, I don't know of any spells that cure hangovers, and even then, that's probably more staff usage. If any of you drink after the mission, please be responsible. There's only so many of you I can carry back to an inn for a night. But I will try to stay behind you if we get into battle, thank you for your support." Aidan was thinking of quelling the argument that might ensue, but the last thing Aidan wanted to do was piss off the front liners, lest he wanted to be wide open to attacks that could easily cut him open. He wasn't quite the knight he wanted to be just yet, not to mention, he did not want to upset his teammates. While he was prepared to go into an autonomous mode, Marl snapped him out of such a thing.

 

ixJjzlT.png

"I suppose there's no harm in that. Here, I brought my simplest Fire tome for the mission; I figured I wouldn't need anything more. Just make sure to return it to me when you're done with it." Taking the Fire tome out of his satchel, he passed it off to Marl. "After all, 'the two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom'. I hope this remedies the latter; let's hope we don't encounter the former."

Edited by RedMageCole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CK8y4kO.png

"Ah. Fair enough then. So long as we're on the same page. Apologies for my tone." It wouldn't do anyone any good to allow bad blood to form. He made a note to avoid causing Alwine further annoyance for the forseeable future. Instead, he made note of the book changing hands. "I should maybe have packed a book or two of my own. We could stay in town for quite a while, for all we know..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j1Ko0Gg.png
"Ah, that's a shame. You'd think you'd be able to clear a headache up easier than a stab wound." She shrugged, continuing to look around as she followed their commander. Lots of green, and she didn't mean the grass. Though her expression remained cheery, a certain tension showed in her posture, and in the way her hand kept drifting toward her axe or fiddling with her shield. A lot of young soldiers on a supposedly important mission, it made her worry for them.

j1Ko0Gg.png
"Apology accepted." At least he wasn't going to try and drive up some kind of rivalry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marl quickly snapped the surprisingly heavy tome from Aidan's hand. 

DQHw1R3.png

"It's good to see that I'm in polite company. Thank you."

He immediately cracked open the grimoire and dove into its contents, losing all regard for his surroundings even while still marching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston1.png 

"I wouldn't be worrying about Alwine - she's been in the military near as long as I have." Winston noted. "We won't be staying in Aica long - complete the mission, then back to the capital."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AneaDenuvictrans.png.e5e412db88ea9f60242686f5915268ef.png

"Marl, try to keep your wits about you, we are in dangerous territory."

Anea looks over at him, serious, but not really upset. She was likely somewhere near the middle of the group, owing to her not really having any combat training, instead valued for the staff at her hip. She also tended to treat everyone as a younger sibling except those who were obviously in command, though her demeanor of such was perhaps a little different than Aidan's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aidan gave a passing glance over to Lysander as he started to exchange his book to Marl. His hand recoiled a bit due to the sudden shift in weight, and due to the fact that the book was taken quite forcefully though he shrugged it off; the mention of being polite company appeased him.

ny6VkUS.png

"You're welcome. And next time," Aidan's gaze found itself leaving Lysander. "I'll try to bring a couple of extra books to lend everyone if need be, so I could also have my tomes if things turn bad." Aidan did not mind lending his tomes, but Anea's words did bring the worry to him that he was unarmed, unless Marl was able to hand his tome back to him. "Though Anea is correct; it's easy to lose yourself in a good story. While my tomes aren't quite as engaging, I've lost some nights of sleep poring over their texts." On the bright side, with Marl reading his tome, now he could keep a sharper eye out now that he felt unarmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ULjCqnQ.png

Marl made nearly no response whatsoever, other than waving Anea away. He simply continued absorbed in the tome, occasionally trying to draw small glyphs in the air, slowly and with care, though to no magical effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dR5PifJ.png

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........"

A hulking specimen of a Wyvern lagged near the back of the party. In both the deep grumble from its throat and the glint in its eyes, there was no shortage of displeasure as he slowly picked his away along the earth, like some common beast. He could've moved faster than such a monotonous pace, yes... much faster indeed, but such bursts of overland speed only came about when something needed to be mangled. He could think of a few things he wanted to mangle right now, infact...

u1N0bYP.png

"Calm, Kayut," The young woman by his side uttered softly, patting his scales. She'd gone from hefting the spear of bronze-tipped bone over her shoulder to using it as an impromptu walking stick, after all these miles of being grounded. "I not pleased either, but almost over. Just 'nother mile, maybe two." 

      And she couldn't be more glad, really. It felt insulting to be forced out of the skies, yes. And it Didn't help that they'd been told precious little about the job. But the coin promised for this was good, and good coin was precisely what they had need of. Hopefully it would prove as quick as the knight commander was making it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anea sighs, shaking her head.

 

AneaDenuvictrans.png

"Well, if we get ambushed and you get hurt, we shall know whose fault it is, then."

 

Her gaze turns over to the rather imposing creature that was marching alongside them, then. She had never really been comfortable around wyverns, the few times she'd seen them. They seemed... violent creatures, dangerous. Useful in war, but she always worried they'd decide one of them looked rather tasty, actually. Still... they were quite striking, even with their frightening nature. She wonders what it would be like to touch its scales, or stroke its neck. Likely rough and painful, on second thought, but this didn't quite assuage her curiosity. Its handler may well notice her almost-staring, though she doesn't actually vocalize anything.

Edited by Ragnarok97071

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The group walks for a bit more - maybe another hour. The town is up ahead, just past a river. Winston slows to speak to the others.

 

Winston1.png

“We’re near enough that I can tell you why we’re here. We’re here for an important individual. You’ll know her when you see her - bright teal hair, very distinct. Should answer to Elizabeth. We’re basically grabbing her and bring her to the capital. Willingly, is the preferred means, but this is by order of the King and she is a citizen, so if we need to… well, I’m sure you can figure it out. When we get there, we’ll spread out- hold on.” He pauses, looking ahead.

 

A group of men are milling about on the outskirts, all armed, and none with the armor of town guards. They’re too well uniformed to be bandits, too - and one sees the group and shouts to his fellows. “Patrol incoming! Prepare yourselves!”

 

Winston1.png

Winston’s expression turns hard. “...These don’t look like bandits. We may have a situation here. Get your weapons.”

 

---

 

Boss1.png.fddd2ef489c1e3673313bbeef76e1a9b.png

The enemy commander frowns. “There wasn’t supposed to be anyone coming.” he says.

 

“We didn’t hear anything!” A lesser soldier insists.

 

Boss1.png.fddd2ef489c1e3673313bbeef76e1a9b.png

“Doesn’t matter. We’ll take care of them - you go and warn General Dane. More may be coming. ” The commander says, dismissing the soldier. He hefts his axe, and waits for the oncoming enemy. 

 

Player Phase 1

image.thumb.png.68c79146eebf7db984e2c796b04071ee.png

 

 

Player Unit Status

Spoiler

Aidan: 21/21 [Eq: Fire]

Alwine: 20/20 [Eq: Hatchet]

Anea: 15/15 [Eq: Heal]

Lysander: 20/20 [Eq: Wooden Sword]

Marl: 16/16 [Eq: Training Bow]

Tsidin: 20/20 [Eq: Slim Lance]

 

NPC: (Controlled by players - anyone may give orders)

Winston: 22/22 [Eq: Slim Lance]

 

Enemy Status (Stats:)

Spoiler

Axeman A: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman B: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman C: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman D: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Mage A: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage B: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage C: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage D: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Spearfighter A: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter B: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter C: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter D: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Swordsman A: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman B: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman C: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman D: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Gerald: 24/24 [Eq: Hatchet]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aidan listened intently to the mission briefing, noting the description of Elizabeth down, when suddenly he heard the commotion. His heart skipped a beat as he prayed that there was trouble elsewhere... unfortunately, it seemed trouble made it to them.

jzXDY1f.png

"...Forgive me, but I must ask for my tome back." Aidan made a motion to get his tome back from Marl as he got into position, looking over the situation. "This looks bad; Commander Sorea should be fine, but we are way out of their league..." Aidan froze up a little bit at the mages. They had Fire tomes, from the look of it... "Stavros, you better not freeze up when it comes down to you and them..." Knowing that he was not the type to be a front line unit, Aidan carefully moved to D4 to await further instruction.

Edited by RedMageCole
Change of plans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anea knows she's... not really meant for the front lines, but endeavors to stay close enough to actually help. To this effect, she'd move to F4 when the others move south.

Edited by Ragnarok97071
Adjusting for change of plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marl confidently steps forward to E-2 before closing the book with a loud "THUMP" and handing the Fire tome back to Aidan

ULjCqnQ.png

"Shame I don't have a bookmark on me. I've tried using arrows, but they often ruin the paper. I was getting to the practical parts, too." He then turns to the enemy and draws an arrow from his quiver. 

uh1xtCw.png

"Alright, whoever's interrupted my reading is getting a broadtip lodged in their tendons. Courtesy from House Denuvic."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2j6kZVS.png

"Haha, a Fight! La nax, la nax! Hear that, Kayut? No more walking!" 

dR5PifJ.png

"...." Despite all his earlier rumbling and grumbling, the wyvern falls silent as she hops on his back. Those close would notice the girl rode saddle-less, her hands and feet instinctively finding small folds in the the beast's scaly hide and grabbing tight. She didn't seem to need it either, given Kayut shot into the sky practically of his own accord. He eyed a particularly odd shine in the distance, clustered among the enemies, like someone had polished a particularly smooth sphere of glass and set it out in the morning sun...

 

Tsidin to D6

 

Winston Should Move to F7, and equip the Hatchet!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly, luck wasn't with the group that day. Bandits may have passed them up if they'd seen them, but those soldiers didn't look like they were going to let them be. Under the commander's order, Lysander draws his sword and prepares for a fight.

 

CK8y4kO.png

"Attacked so close to our destination... I have a bad feeling about this." Whether they're soldiers from Pax or something else, he moves in to help the others fight, placing himself between the wyvern rider and the back lines - Moving to D5 - for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

j1Ko0Gg.png
"Seems like we've got more to worry about than bandits. Stay behind me, everyone."

E6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The group marches forward, and prepares for the enemy attack. Winston readies his axe.

 

Enemy Phase Begins

 

An enemy swordsman rushes towards Alwine, and enters an exchange of blows. They end about the same.

 

 

Spoiler

 

Swordsman A:

Attack: 10+1-5 = 6 damage

Hit: 98+15-5 = Autohit

Crit: 3-1 = 2%

 

Alwine:

Attack: 10-1-2 = 7

Hit: 95 - 15 - 12 = 68

Crit: 7 - 2 = 5

 

Swordsman A attacks! Autohit! Crit roll: 75, fail. 6 damage inflicted on Alwine!

Alwine counters! 59, hit! Crit roll: 55, fail. 7 damage inflicted on Swordsman A!

 

 

A spearman approaches the wyvern rider. They clash and both come away bloody, although Tsidin worse off.

 

Spoiler

 

Spearfighter A:

Attack: 12 - 3 = 9

Hit: 90-8 = 82

Crit: 2-2 = 0

 

Tsidin:

Attack: 10 - 5 + 2 = 7

Hit: 99 - 9 = 90

Crit: 9-1 = 8

 

Spearfighter A attacks! 73, hit! 16, no crit. 9 damage inflicted!

Tsidin retaliates! 14, hit! 51, no crit. 7 damage inflicted!

 

 

One of the axemen approaches Winston. It goes… extremely poorly for him.

 

Spoiler

 

Axeman A:

Attack: 15 - 7 = 8

Hit: 83 - 17 = 66

Crit: 2 - 3 = 0

 

Winston:

Attack: 12 - 3 = 9

Hit: 102 - 5 = 97

Crit: 9 - 1 + 10 = 18

Winston will strike twice!

 

Axeman A attacks! 46, miss!

Winston retaliates! 43, hit! 3, CRIT! Winston does 9*3 damage, for a total of 27! The axeman has been defeated.

 

 

Winston rides out of the way of the strike, before turning his horse back around and charging the axeman. There's a sickening sound as the axeman's head flies off in an arc, and the Opian commander returns to his position as he prepares for the remainder of the enemy.

 

Winston1.png

"Is that all you have? Pathetic."

 

Another axeman moves to take his fallen comrade’s place, and swiftly regrets his decision.

 

Spoiler

 

Axeman B:

Attack: 15 - 7 = 8

Hit: 83 - 17 = 66

Crit: 2 - 3 = 0

 

Winston:

Attack: 12 - 3 = 9

Hit: 102 - 5 = 97

Crit: 9 - 1 + 10 = 18

Winston will strike twice!

 

Axeman B attacks! 83, miss!

Winston retaliates! 43, hit! 78, no crit. 9 damage!

Winston strikes a second time! 36, hit! 47, no crit. 9 damage!

 

 

A spearman moves into position to stop a flank, and strikes at Winston from the forest. He manages a gash in his flank, but is struck for worse in return.

 

 

Spoiler

 

Spearfighter B:

Attack: 12 - 7 - 1 + 3 = 7

Hit: 90 - 17 - 15 = 58

Crit: 2-3 = 0

 

Winston

Attack: 12 - 5 + 1 = 8

Hit: 102 - 9 + 15 = Autohit

Crit: 9-1+10 = 18

 

The spearfighter attacks! 49, hit! No crit. 7 damage!

Winston retaliates! Autohit! 91, no crit. 8 damage!

Winston retaliates again! Autohit! 94, no crit. 8 damage!

 

 

A mage comes up behind the axeman, and sends fire towards the embattled cavalier. He manages a burn, but gets an axe for the trouble.

 

Spoiler

 

Mage A:

Attack: 10 - 5 = 5

Hit: 96 - 17 = 79

Crit: 2

 

Winston:

Attack: 12 - 0 = 12

Hit: 102 - 10 = 92

Crit: 9 - 2 + 10 = 17

Winston will strike twice!

 

Mage A attacks! 7, hit! 66, no crit. 5 damage!

Winston retaliates! 29, hit! 54, no crit. 12 damage!

 

 

The second mage decides the wyvern rider may be a safer target. They are, but they’re also quite slippery.

 

Spoiler

 

Mage B:

Attack: 10 - 3 = 7

Hit: 96 - 9 = 87

Crit: 9 - 2 = 7

 

Tsidin:

Attack: -

Hit: -

Crit: -

Mage B attacks! 98, miss!

 

 

Player Phase begins.

 

5aad71453925d_LostLandsMap1Turn2.thumb.PNG.c42775b9799c5495b456683e47585103.PNG

 

Tsidin heals 4 hp.

 

Player Status

15/100 XP

Spoiler

 

Aidan: 21/21 [Eq: Fire]

Alwine: 14/20 [Eq: Hatchet]

Anea: 15/15 [Eq: Heal]

Lysander: 20/20 [Eq: Wooden Sword]

Marl: 16/16 [Eq: Training Bow]

Tsidin: 15/20 [Eq: Slim Lance]

 

NPC:

Winston: 10/22 [Eq: Hatchet]

 


 

Enemy Status (Stats:)

Spoiler

 

Axeman A: Winston’d/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman B: 5/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman C: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Axeman D: 23/23 [Eq: Iron Axe]

Mage A: 8/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage B: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage C: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Mage D: 20/20 [Eq: Fire]

Spearfighter A: 15/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter B: 6/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter C: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Spearfighter D: 22/22 [Eq: Iron Lance]

Swordsman A: 14/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman B: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman C: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Swordsman D: 21/21 [Eq: Iron Sword]

Gerald: 24/24 [Eq: Hatchet]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×