"Problems" with the starter randomizer

Shadow00

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it is a bug or i'm siply unlucky, but I tried to get a ralts in the starter randomizer.

I tried for at least one hour but nothing, i couldn't find any of the "special" pokemon from that machine.

Has this only happened to me? What could I do about this?

(Also sorry if I didn't put this topic in the right place, but i'm not too used to this)

Edited by Shadow00

• Global Mods

They're pretty rare (like 1% or less I think) so it could definitely be RNG, but make sure you have the latest patch as that could affect it.

It's a 1/22 chance for the *chance* of getting a Jackpot starter, than a 1/60 chance for getting the starter you want. So yeah, reset a lot.

On 7/23/2017 at 6:21 PM, Swampellow said:

They are pretty rare yes, but if you are using an outdated version then they will not appear at all, so make sure you are updated, as said.

what version do you need? im facing the same problem with gettin an axew and ive going at it for 4 hours straight now. 

1 hour ago, Revanox said:

what version do you need? im facing the same problem with gettin an axew and ive going at it for 4 hours straight now. 

Axew was available in V8.The jackpot starters for V9.2 are now Ralts, Jangmo-o, Eevee and Riolu.Axew was replaced with Jangmo-o in V9.2.

9 hours ago, Revanox said:

As long as you are on the most recent patch, you are fine. And Axew was (ironically) axed, as the previous comment says.

17 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

As long as you are on the most recent patch, you are fine. And Axew was (ironically) axed, as the previous comment says.

i have not been able to find a download for v9.2 only v9 so could you tell me a link pls

11 hours ago, Yagami said:

Axew was available in V8.The jackpot starters for V9.2 are now Ralts, Jangmo-o, Eevee and Riolu.Axew was replaced with Jangmo-o in V9.2.

i started fresh in rejuvenation yesterday by pretty much deleting it completely off my laptop and i redownloaded it and started a new save file. do i have the latest version now or do i have to download something else?

9 hours ago, Revanox said:

i started fresh in rejuvenation yesterday by pretty much deleting it completely off my laptop and i redownloaded it and started a new save file. do i have the latest version now or do i have to download something else?

You didn't have to download again.You already have the latest version.V9.2 was only updated with the patch for bug fixes.If you had V9,you would only need the patch 10 to update it.So,you don't need to download anything else..If you have a bug,then and only then download the patch.

sometimes when i use the starter randomizer it would say to draw a pokemon and then after i said yes i wouldn't get the Pokemon does that mean im version 9.1 or is that just an actual bug

Edited by Ceulfan

• 3 weeks later...

I have the patch for v9 and I've tried to get any of the rares at all at least 200 times and haven't seen one yet. There isn't one in particular I care for, I just want any of them. Does anyone know what exactly the odds are? Someone said 1% or less and someone else said 1/22. 

38 minutes ago, possumparty said:

I have the patch for v9 and I've tried to get any of the rares at all at least 200 times and haven't seen one yet. There isn't one in particular I care for, I just want any of them. Does anyone know what exactly the odds are? Someone said 1% or less and someone else said 1/22. 

Anyone who said 1/22 must have insane luck.  People have said they soft resetted for four hours trying to get on.  If you want one without going through that, I have a file with Gen 7's psuedo on it (though most would say just use a normal starter instead of it).  

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, EHSRU66 said:

I did the math on the odds I had seen in other posts; I got a figure of around .11 percent, which seems far too low, but not unreasonable given how long I spent getting my Jangmo-o. 

That's who I want badly!