Perfect Reborn Team?

bobthebobby

There is no perfect team (a full party, 6 pokémons) on Reborn.

The field effects and NPCs' movepool are plotted to force you think outside the box, use pokémons you never imagined to use.

You should rotate your party frequently, so you can overcome certain challenges (as Sirrobert mentioned above) while also keeping your pokémons under the level cap (yet Common Candies are pretty useful and necessary).

There really isn't *one* perfect team that can solve any problem for you. Reborn is designed so that you'll have to try different strategies and line-ups before overcoming the toughest obstacles. All I can tell you is, a balanced team, with offense and defense, multiple typings that cover each other's weaknesses, status moves inflicting burn, paralysis etc. should get you far. As far as mons go, there are a few that you'll definitely want to consider, simply because of how excellent they are: Speed Boost Blaziken, Contrary Serperior, Sheer Force Nidoking, Crobat, Magnezone, Volcarona, Flygon just to name a few. Mons with the ability Sturdy can save you against very strong foes like Pulse mons or Leaders' aces. Focus Sashes too, but as far as I know there are only a couple. Leftovers and Black Sludge can never hurt, provided you have them.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you exactly what TMs and Move Tutors will help you a lot, but as Bafabon very rightly said, try to think outside the box, try new things, and the path to victory will become clear ;)

I disagree, I think a stall/status team is "perfect" for Reborn.

Muk is indispensable haha

Any pokemon that can lower opponents accuracy, increase its own evasion, or inflict status/traps on the enemy.

One of my earlier play through I stuck with the same 6 pokemon.. I believe I used two muks but I don't recall.

Well, if you're looking for one team to beat everything, as opposed to shuffling team members around - I would strongly recommend having a sturdy Magnezone with flash, thunder wave, and then 2 other moves plus a setup sweeper with substitute (preferably a pokemon that can buff both speed and attack or special attack, Blaziken would probably be the choice). Use thunder wave then flash as many times as you can, then spam substitute on your setup sweeper until they miss/get paralyzed, then setup (using substitute as necessary) and sweep them. If necessary use healing items on your setup sweeper to spam substitute more (probably won't be though). This strategy also works for boss fights.

The other 4 team members can be devoted towards 2v2 fights as those 2 pokemon can beat pretty much every 1v1 fight in the game on their own, so just go with whatever effective 2v2 strategy you want. You could probably do some kind of shenanigans by using the water/fire/grass pledges to create a field and then demolish enemies with field boosted attacks if you were inclined to. This kind of team wouldn't be completely optimal for anything, but it would be good enough to easily get you through the game - you might occasionally lose a fight if you get bad RNG, but I don't think there are any fights you'd have a <50% chance of winning.

On 22.03.2017 at 9:16 PM, bobthebobby said:

what would you say is the most ideal team suited for whatever challenges may be in the new episodes?

First, we gonna face steel leader Titania, she gonna probably use the Fairy Tale field, where Fire type loses its power against steel and she gains a lot of offensive boosts for her mons, plus she surely gonna have a lot of coverage. So, the best option seems strong ground types, I believe. Wait for experts for certain sets, there are also quite accurate predictions on the forums on her team, aces and mega.

Except usual stuff like Meteor fighting, saving the kids, future episode may bring us second leader fight, which isnt that certain, but Amaria is an option, and she looks like possible monstrosity, so have fun with her on water fields.

In all honesty its best to familiarize yourself to different pokemon and find out what works best for you you could go the route of few weaknesses mons like swampert skuntank spiritomb you could go for bulky mons like swalot sweepers like infernape status mons like emolga or just setup as many different mons that cover each others type weaknesses or a mix of different tactics it really depends on how you want to play and what you feel most comfortable using. 

My recommendation is just use as many different mons as you can and use the mons you like using or are useful in battle as well as keep trying new mons in case you find something that you like better than what you already have. I will recommend one pokemon however to try out and that would be an Absol with super luck holding either sharp claw or scope lens with night slash shadow claw  psycho cut and whatever fourth move you want (I use snarl) I recommend it because it will 100% Crit with those first three moves and critting ignores stat buffs on the opposing pokemon I'm not sure but I think it also ignores debuffs on your pokemon hope this helps you out.

Edited by ChaosReaperPein
Typo