The Cult of Cacturne [Season 2 Leader Interviews]

Curious Cacturne

Welcome one and welcome all, this is your host with the most, the reporter with a disorder- wait no I don't but hey it rhymes. Anywho you're probably here to figure out the juicy tidbits I get out of these leaders right?

First up, we have the Esoteric Engineer, Nick! Not the most open of the leaders, but I think you'll love to hear what makes him tick!

ab092fc7cac046feb6b5bd07e98ab793.png

CC: "Greetings Nick! I'm here to ask you the questions on everybody's minds. I won't take no for an answer!"

Nick: "I'm a bit pre-occupied right now, and I don't happen to have the time for any interviews."
CC: "Great! First, how does it feel to be the... first gym leader revealed for season 2?"
Nick: "You won't leave without answers, huh? Fine, I'll give you answers. It's a feeling that I'm all too familiar with."
CC: "Do you revel in the challenge, take great pleasure in being underestimated?! ARE YOU READY TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT THEY'RE WRONG ABOUT YOU?"
Nick: "Given my luck, being the first isn't really something to be proud of. I want to prove people wrong, but it's not an easy thing to do."
CC: "Well you heard him folks, Nick is going to show everyone that he and his machines can turn gears and turn heads! Next question, what brought on this change in your Ace from season 1?"
Nick: "Magnezone is still a faithful partner of mine, but Manectric is more beneficial as a power source for my machines as a lightning rod."
CC: "I see, can you tell us anything of the projects you're currently working on? What sort of ideas are you cranking out next there in that noggin of yours?"
Nick: "That information is classified on a need to know basis. Not for someone the likes of you, so you won't be getting any answers on that topic."
CC: "Woah! There's some fight I like to see, don't let me or these challengers walk all over you!"
CC: "Can you tell us anything about your time at Silph Co.? Your history with the company doesn't seem to be widely known, but my sources say you're the Lead Engineer in the robotics department, that's incredible, and from someone as young as you."
Nick: "That would be true, I am the Lead Engineer over Silph Co.'s robotics department, but I'm afraid I can't say much else, due to public policy from the higher up's."
CC: "Oh you know you can tell me, just between us. I may be a cactus by practice, but I'm no prick."
Nick: "I would rather respect company rules, than just freely give out information that shouldn't be near any sort of possible rumor mill that might attempt to paint it in a bad light, so my answer is no."
CC: "Very well, I know you're a busy man, but do you have time for one more question Nicholas?"

Nick: "As long as it's the last question, so I can get back to what I was working on, then certainly."

CC: "In your eyes, who is Public Enemy number 1, and do you have anything you'd like to say to them?" 

Nick: "Public Enemy number 1 huh? I don't believe I have one yet, but I'd have to say that the challengers better be prepared, because I'm not going to let them just come through without a fight."
CC: "Well folks, it seems Nick hasn't locked on to any targets yet, but watch out because he's taking aim! We'll be back Wednesday night following the next leader reveal!"

Edited by Curious Cacturne

I remember calling Nick the Brock of Redemption long ago...lol. But nah Nick actually got some really cool strats later on and while he started off rough...(his win rate was like 20-something percent at one point)  he got better as Redemption went on.  He was best in doubles I feel and my last match with him I nearly lost but Sylveon pulled a miracle and wiped out literally half his team. I think with Meganetric as his ace Nick is going to be quite a bit more challenging. Didn't know he worked at silph co, that's pretty cool.

This next leader holds a special place in my heart, and I a special place in her garden. Please welcome our next guest, OLIVIA! marry me

23a64bbb501a4b14a0c9a19eb9296ca5.png

CC: "Hello Olivia, glad to see you returning to your roots here in Season 2!"
Olivia: "I'm glad to be back Mr. Cacturne"
CC: "Unlike the first leader to be revealed, you are sticking with the same Ace as you used in Season 1, tell us why you chose to continue using your superb Serperior?"

Olivia: "Yes, unlike some leaders, me and my Serperior actually share quite the bond with each other and I'd be very sad to see it go. It's not like I didn't think about getting a new ace, it's just that Serperior already does so much for me."

CC: "Well I must say, being a grass type myself, I can very much appreciate your work. What changes do you plan on making from Season 1 in order to rebrand yourself?"

Olivia: "You can expect to see a lot more of me this time around. I'm going to try to get out of my garden and connect to people this time around... If I didn't already."

CC: "Every gardener has their tools, are there any new shiny tools available with the discovery of Alola that you plan to make use of?"
Olivia: "As much as I'd like to make use of Tsareena, I've found that a certain anchor can serve me much better as it's a grass type that can use rapid spin while also blocking it. However, I think I'll find the most use out of some of the new Megas I get."

CC: "Ah yes, Dhelmise, I'm quite a fan of that one. I don't know who wouldn't love it. It can certainly hold down the fort! Now if only they had a Mega Cacturne...."

CC: "It may be early but there's no sign of your brother yet. Have you heard anything from him, is he returning for season 2?"
Olivia: "I can't say whether or not my brother will be returning this season. I'd like it very much so if he didn't, but I can't stop him if he wants to come back."
CC: "Care to explain the animosity towards your brother? I'm not sure at all as to why all of this bitterness has blossomed in your heart."
Olivia: "Oliver has always been cherished in the eyes of others. This love and care that he got... It makes me mad. I never got any special treatment like he did from mom and dad. That's when I found gardening. It allowed me to focus on something else, but even then, Oliver found a way to ruin everything. He constantly is finding ways to take my plants out of the ground with his birds, which is why I have plenty of Carnivine now. I won't forgive him. Not until I get that time I missed with mom and dad back and not until he stops hurting what I hold dear to me."
CC: "Next question, outside of tending your garden, what other hobbies do you have?"

Olivia: "I really like to shop in my free time with some of my friends. When I'm not with them though, I like to read. It helps me calm down when my brother bothers me."

CC: "Was there anyone who participated in Season 1 you liked to shop with?"
Olivia: "As much as I'd like to say Gaia... I haven't seen her since the end of season one. So if I had to pick someone else, it would be Venus. She knows exactly what she wants and even helps me with clothes shopping."
CC: "Would you say you have room to grow alongside your plants, as a battler and as a person?"
Olivia: "Oh of course. Everyone has room to grow as a person. No matter how much you know or how good of a battler you are, there's always new things to learn and experience."

CC: "I'll finish this interview up with the same question I asked Nicholas. Who would you consider to be public enemy #1, aside from Oliver that is...."

Olivia: "Hmmm. If I had to pick one, it would honestly be a three way tie. Mega Charizard Y, Mega Metagross and Alola-Ninetales are all very annoying to me, but I can work around them. Birds shouldn't be as bad this time around as Talonflame usage is down drastically. That's about it really... And could you please stay a bit longer? You're doing a good job of scaring my brothers birds away."

CC: "Oh my, I'm quite flattered Olivia dear, but I have other leaders to hunt down speak with! I look forward to speaking with you again during Season 2."
Olivia: "Same to you. Don't let my carnivine bite you in the way out."

I prefer to think that Curious Cacturne was so busy playing with Mira that he forgot that he has interviews to do. After all, you can't really say no to Mira when it comes to playing with her.