The Discussion Board

Bazaro

With the new league under way, it's important for the challengers to understand what they're going up against. The Discussion Board exists to have a topic where all of the challengers can come together to overcome the leaders and their strategies.

Every leader has expertise in one of the 18 types, and can ONLY use Pokemon of that type. They also have an Ace Pokemon, one that appears on every one of their teams.

Dashie says; Feel free to discuss anything League-related here as well. This is a general discussion topic for everyone to discuss the League to their heart's contents. :]

Bracket 1:

JkSKQdd.pngNicholas - Electric

9ry7fjI.pngOlivia - Grass

mfgB8by.pngHaley - Ice

Bracket 2:

Ewv81PV.pngAriel - Fairy

d58c1e01c0d1445fa41ec3bfad55795a.pngLucifer - Dark

6c17f1498d514de8bab5062cc5eccada.pngAlicia - Ghost

Bracket 3:

ygqFUcl.pngHelen - Rock

MLCAk8g.pngErwin - Bug

nKZ5VCb.pngElliot - Normal

Bracket 4:

YtkZxfk.pngVenus - Poison

120bf86c8e7a42b4a74e811809a29982.pngGaia - Ground

87adb6df57424ef387a50d5073eb0032.pngLilly - Water

Bracket 5:

b6444c8334f949e794d217d0b9f00068.pngLeon - Fighting

a5483069923b42fe957eb2c8d26a54e7.pngAxel - Fire

05d5d97e3b324a6da223eb9f75c91ae3.pngNinia - Dragon

Bracket 6:

da1596c8a769432594b3ace1b288c2f1.pngDex - Psychic

dd705de13d124c2ba5b8db867048f2b9.pngFestus & Excalibur - Steel

be03584bcd204673aa1b5c8efffab890.pngOliver - Flying

Champion:

??? - Celeste

Have any tips or personal experiences you wish to share? Leave a comment below!

Edited by Bazaro

Wide Guard helps a lot in doubles/triples for all of the Dazzling Gleams and Sylveon's Hyper Voice. Taunt is especially useful for shutting down Ariel's Dual Screens and Trick Room, or you could ride the Trick Room and Iron Ball everything. Just deal with the Trick Room and you'll be fine.

Remember, you're allowed to skip over one leader in order to advance to the next Bracket... you could essentially beat Bracket 6 without ever beating all of Bracket 1. Of course, you still have to beat everyone in order to make it to the Champion, but it gives you more time to come up with a plan without taking away from the league experience.

Edited by Bazaro

Unfortunately, if Ariel brings Aromatisse w/ Aroma Veil, then the only way to stop TR from going up is to focus on it. However, Ariel can run Follow Me Togekiss to stop all the SE moves from hitting the Aromatisse. Anyways, the best methods is to either use TR to your advantage or to try and stall it out. However, both methods may be tough when considering your team has alot of fast and somewhat frail mons.

I suggest doing what Baz said and move on past Ariel and try your luck against the other leaders or to make a new team.

HELEN FANCLUB RAWRAWRAWR kidnap gallade again pls

Anyway, to beat Ariel, you just need hax on your side~ Or you could just use Trick Room to your advantage by giving your Pokemon 0 Speed IVs and Iron Balls, if you think that might help outspeed Ariel's team.

Also pin Redemption League Standings, please~ And maybe this thread too, idk, but Standings is important due to updated Trainer Cards with badges going there.

The best thing I found against Ariel is... well... Ariel. Quite literally, xyr own ace. Sylveon with high speed and specs destroys... basically everything, including Aromatisse if it has support from another splash-damage Pokemon.

Anyway, to beat Ariel, you just need hax on your side~

Follow Chubb's advice here; it works well. Sorry Ariel.

Making your slowest Pokemon even slower works out when Ariel ultimately sets up Trick Room. Use -Speed natures, 0 Speed IVs, 0 Speed EVs, and potentially Iron Balls or Power Items. It may also help to fully invest in HP if you're running minimum speed.

Or you could flinch Aromatisse with Rock Slide twice and not have to worry about it...

Anyway, to beat Ariel, you just need hax on your side~ Or you could just use Trick Room to your advantage by giving your Pokemon 0 Speed IVs and Iron Balls, if you think that might help outspeed Ariel's team.

Chubb said everything, if the hax is with you, you will beat xyr. I won with parahax, kek.

I'm going to challenge Nick next week, any advices?

For Nick, your biggest checks to his team are Garch and Nidoking. You will absolutely want to preserve them at any cost, even if it means sacking something, such as Mantine, who will not really help much at all.

Your biggest helper though, ironically, is actually Mantine, because Tailwind is surprisingly useful. Just slap a Sash on it, get off your Tailwind, and let it die. You got 2 turns of amazing agility that would outspeed even Scarfed stuff or Jolteon.

Your weakest link is going to be Greninja. You can change the typing of it, and you can scout, however it doesn't have the real staying power everything else possesses.

If anything, beware Rotom and Eelektross. Nick can use any of the 6 Rotom forms, and Eelektross can pack all sorts of weird coverage, just for a heads up. Other than that, expect potential Triples Discharge spam, or a generic Singles team.

Triples Electric relies mostly on Discharge spam, and since you have several ways to stop Discharge (Wide Guard, 2 Ground types, Mat Block) it's probably safe to assume Nick would run Singles.

Like Darvan said, keep your Ground types alive and you should be fine.

Oh, and watch out for Galvantula, your team isn't very fond of Sticky Web.

Edited by Bazaro

I plan on challenging Ariel on Friday... can you give me some advice aside from the ones mentioned above?

You can find my Redemption League Team on the spoiler

Use struggle.

On mobile so I can't look at your team, well I'm just too lazy to tbh. But just know that Ariel spams Protect and the guard moves if needed. I'd watch some replays to get a feel of how Ariel plays.

I plan on challenging Ariel on Friday... can you give me some advice aside from the ones mentioned above?

You can find my Redemption League Team on the spoiler

Sludge Wave + Wide Guard is your friend, unless Ariel decides to bring xyr Mr Mime with Wide Guard. I also recommend taking out Sylveon as fast as possible, since it outspeeds many things under Trick Room and wrecks them with Helping Hand boosted Hyper Voice.

also renzo pls not everyone has greninja